watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-FFC Christmas gifts

Started by bog, December 28, 2017, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

After ordering myself a copy of the Johnny Haynes book, wrapping it up and putting it under the tree how surprised I was to be given it by my wife....as well from my eldest daughter I was given a Fulham calendar. No not a kitchen appliance and not one of the players but one with atmospheric newspaper headlines relating to significant results  down the seasons. I have never seen these before, did anyone else get one?

092.gif     

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on December 28, 2017, 10:04:03 AM
After ordering myself a copy of the Johnny Haynes book, wrapping it up and putting it under the tree how surprised I was to be given it by my wife....as well from my eldest daughter I was given a Fulham calendar. No not a kitchen appliance and not one of the players but one with atmospheric newspaper headlines relating to significant results  down the seasons. I have never seen these before, did anyone else get one?

092.gif     

No, but the wife bought me a Fulham Ironing Board.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: bog on December 28, 2017, 10:04:03 AM

092.gif     
No I got the one with two players on a page for each month. Problem with this one is that half way through the year some of the players are no longer with us.

bog

I do recommend this one. A match report on a Ronnie Rooke game. the Graham Leggat 10-1 plus ten others.  049:gif An ironing board Woolly? Does this include a steam iron for letting some off when we get lose?

092.gif   

SG

Bought myself/got given the latest book from Ashwater - Lost Football League grounds. Fascinating stories surrounding so many grounds. The irony is that photos depicting certain stands, long since gone, feature Fulham as the visiting team playing

bog

Quote from: SG on December 28, 2017, 07:19:06 PM
Bought myself/got given the latest book from Ashwater - Lost Football League grounds. Fascinating stories surrounding so many grounds. The irony is that photos depicting certain stands, long since gone, feature Fulham as the visiting team playing

This is a book I want get. The most sad are those where club's very existence ended. Third Lanark for one.

092.gif 

aaronmcguigan

No word of a lie, the Fulham branded Christmas cards from the website have a greeting on the inside saying happy birthday

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/fulhams-christmas-card-had-an-absolutely-incredible-fail-154687?__twitter_impression=true

Fulham Tup North

:merry christmas:
Today I got a present from my Brother-in-law (a spuds fan  :010:)
The Fulham FC - miscellany by Alex White.
I am about to read it now!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on December 28, 2017, 08:53:40 PM
No word of a lie, the Fulham branded Christmas cards from the website have a greeting on the inside saying happy birthday

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/fulhams-christmas-card-had-an-absolutely-incredible-fail-154687?__twitter_impression=true

Maybe it's a special card for Fulham Supporters whose Birthday falls on December 25th
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2017, 09:18:53 PM

Maybe it's a special card for Fulham Supporters whose Birthday falls on December 25th
0001.jpeg nice one Woolly I like that. 064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2017, 09:18:53 PM

Or referencing Jesus' birthday? I turned 31 on xmas eve, the 24th so it kind of worked!

BedsFFC

If anyone wants the latest FFC Calender still in cellophane, PM me.

I was given it by my daughter for Xmas. I'm 52 for gawds sake.

SG

Quote from: bog on December 28, 2017, 08:44:12 PM
Quote from: SG on December 28, 2017, 07:19:06 PM

This is a book I want get. The most sad are those where club's very existence ended. Third Lanark for one.

092.gif 

You would be amazed at how many grounds have gone as you go through the book. You and I have probably visited most of them as well