watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next up: Hull City 🐯

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 28, 2017, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Having just snatched a draw with high flying Derby, we now travel to Hull City, in search of a 3rd consecutive Championship win.

If we can beat Hull, it will put us firmly in place for chasing the top six, and with January just around the corner, things maybe looking up for the Whites.

So, how does Slavisa line up against an awkward Hull side, what does he need to do to get 3pts, what are your score prediction?

⚽️ Team Lineup?

🔢 Score Prediction?

🧔🏻 Slavs Tactics?

filham

Hull, I think have scored by far the most home goals in the championship while no one has scored more than us in away games. This you would think  lead to a high scoring game but I suspect it will result in both Coaches being ultra cautious and fielding defensive line ups.

There is already talk of us resting Cairney and playing Norwood.

It is a tough game for us and a long journey, we will be showing tiredness, doubt if Johansen will be fully recovered from his efforts at Cardiff.

We will do well to snatch a point.

fulhamben

Barring injuries, got to go with the same 11 again surely
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

Lineup:

Betts
Fredericks   Kalas     Ream     Sess
                   McDonald
         Cairney          Johansen
     Ojo           Ayite          Kebano

Score Prediction: 3-2 Fulham rally to win from conceding 1-0 early.

Slav's Tactics:

We beat Hull 2-1 in September going with the reliable 4-1-2-3, . No Cairney that day, so it was Norwood-Johansen. The desire is to put Sess up front, but the reality may be dropping him back and putting Kebano in his place. The reason I could see this happening is because Hull run a 4-2-3-1, and our 3-man midfield would need some significant amount of cover in transition. Unless Slav is open to having Sess and Ojo go box-to-box, it may be a safe choice to put Sess at LB. I know that may not be what we want, but the front 3 are all multi-goal scorers, and Ayite in particular has scored in the last 2 matches. If Kebano is not placed on LW, it will be Ayite going LW and Kamara coming in as ST for a solid physical look. In terms of Hull, the danger man is Bowen, but he is a bit streaky at times, despite 10 goals to his name. Overall though, Hull is one of those teams that will fight tooth and nail, and they're desperate to show their fans something that a corner is about to be turned...which we as Fulham supporters can relate to.

Friendsoffulham

🎙️ | @Jokanovic's press conference ahead of Saturday's game with Hull is coming up! #FFC

Stay tuned for updates...

💬 | @Jokanovic: "All of the squad is available for the game ahead of us." #FFC

💬 | @Jokanovic: "All the games can be complicated in this competition. Hull will be organised, solid and will try to catch us in the offensive transition." #FFC

💬 | @Jokanovic: "We showed against Cardiff that we can beat all the teams at this level." #FFC

💬 | @Jokanovic: "We want to control, dominate and be more clinical in the box. It's important to trust in ourselves and go into this game with confidence." #FFC

💬 | @Jokanovic: "We will do everything to push for 3 points. Now we have positive momentum, we believe we can beat all the teams in the Championship." #FFC

💬 | @Jokanovic: "For many months, we've built up an identity and we showed it in our last game. It's important to never give up." #FFC

💬 | @Jokanovic: "My only target today is to win the next game against Hull." #FFC

Carborundum

At our place the plan was to target the somewhat statuesque pairing of Hector and Dawson by running at them.  It worked....just about.  With both playing against Derby and keeping a clean sheet, expect a re-run of those tactics.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Carborundum on December 28, 2017, 02:51:27 PM
At our place the plan was to target the somewhat statuesque pairing of Hector and Dawson by running at them.  It worked....just about.  With both playing against Derby and keeping a clean sheet, expect a re-run of those tactics.

Given the average height of our forward line and their defence, plus the fact we do this anyway as the long, high ball is our least effective option, then yes, I agree.

Whitesideup

I don't know quite why Hull have been performing so poorly - I thought they were quite good at Craven Cottage and expected to see them in the top 8 or so. They played well against in-form Derby so this is a tough match ... unless we can play as well as we did on Saturday; if we do, and take our chances (and don't have such an inadequate referee) then we could do well again. I would like to see Odoi keep his place as I thought we looked more solid at the back. Not only is he an effective defender with a great leap (he won nearly every header he went for against Cardiff) but Sess works back well defensively from that more forward position so the left-back position is less exposed. We will need to play well to get all three points.

filham

WE should be pleased if we can score half as many as we did at Cardiff.

davew

Same line up + same tactics = same score!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

In Cardiff on Tuesday we won both halves. and it's not often we have done that recently. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Would like same team,continuity the key for me.

grandad

Weather forecast for tomorrow.
High of 10C very windy.
Keep the ball on the ground.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on December 29, 2017, 10:57:52 AM
Would like same team,continuity the key for me.

Fully agree but Jocanovic raely sees things that way.

JackHFFC1990

Unchanged line up for tomorrow? Kamara back in? Joka finally has a full strength squad to pick from. I really like Kebano think he should be a starter but after Cardiff game it should be

Bettinelli
Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi
                      McDonald
               Cairney Johansen
Ojo                                        Sessegnon
                          Ayite

Subs - Button Djalo Norwood Kebano Piazon Kamara Fonte

With a few smart additions I can see another top 6 finish. The squad already is strong packed with talent on the bench if we need to change things. Let's hope we get a big 3 points tomorrow. COYW!!

JoelH5

Such a huge game tomorrow. If we can get another win it will be a massive boost and we could potentially be 9 points off second.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Matt10

Just watched Slav's interview about the Hull match on FFCtv and it seems that Betts and Ayite are not available. Keep in mind his accent threw me off a bit, but it sounded like "We have a small situation...Marcus Bettinelli and Floyd Ayite will be unavailable..." If someone who also has FFCtv can verify, that'd be great, however I've given it a listen several times and that seems to be the case. I hope I am so wrong though as those two players have been clinical since returning.

RaySmith

I thought, and have just listened to it again, he said, 'we have a small situation with Bettenelli and  Ayite, but we expect them to  be available to be with us', but I agree that it isn't very clear.

I think if they were definitely out, he would have just have said they were unavailable, but he seems to be saying that although they both have  niggles, they will probably  be playing.

Shortly off to the game, so hope they are, and to see a Fulham victory.
COYW! :clap_hands:
which will  definitely make for a  :Happy New Year:

hovewhite

Quote from: RaySmith on December 30, 2017, 05:57:25 AM
I thought, and have just listened to it again, he said, 'we have a small situation with Bettenelli and  Ayite, but we expect them to  be available to be with us', but I agree that it isn't very clear.

I think if they were definitely out, he would have just have said they were unavailable, but he seems to be saying that although they both have  niggles, they will probably  be playing.

Likewise I am on the club coach on the way to Hull and back.

tslyon

Quote from: hovewhite on December 30, 2017, 08:17:02 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on December 30, 2017, 05:57:25 AM

Likewise I am on the club coach on the way to Hull and back.

Hope you all have an amazing time!

Cheers,

Steve