watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlos Carvahal

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 28, 2017, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

New manager of Swansea. Didn't see that coming, although good manager if they get relegated to the Championship.

Neil D

Fine.  That just leaves Espanyol to see off then.

Woolly Mammoth

That will condemn Swansea to relegation. Although they were heading that way anyway.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Gets the sack from a Championship club and then appointed to a premium club. Hmmmm

Wingnut

Think they know that they are in deep trouble and they have one eye on the Championship next season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hovewhite

toshes mate

Quote from: hovewhite on December 29, 2017, 10:59:00 AM
Good move by the swans.
Agree.  He gets a window and five months to salvage what he can and, if it doesn't work out, already has the nous of what is necessary in the Championship if relegation happens. 

Of course the owners could undo this bit of magic by panicking again .....

filham

Good, Swansea are no longer a distraction for Jocanovic, we need his full concentration on Fulham .

Fulham 442

Surely Cookie must be disappointed he didn't hang on for the Swansea job rather than the Sunderland one?  It was on the cards after all!

hovewhite

Quote from: toshes mate on December 29, 2017, 11:10:01 AM
Good move by the swans.
Agree.  He gets a window and five months to salvage what he can and, if it doesn't work out, already has the nous of what is necessary in the Championship if relegation happens. 

Quote from: toshes mate on December 29, 2017, 11:10:01 AM
Good move by the swans.

That is the problem,but if they leave him there he's a great appointment.

Twig

Would an English manager who had recently been sacked in the Champ then get a chance in the Prem? I doubt it but why not?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on December 29, 2017, 08:34:11 PM
Would an English manager who had recently been sacked in the Champ then get a chance in the Prem? I doubt it but why not?

Exactly
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2017, 10:06:59 PM

Exactly

Swansea did exactly the same thing last year when they hired Clement after he had gotten sacked by Derby. Unless my memory fails me.

hovewhite

Quote from: Asotosyios on December 29, 2017, 10:56:30 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2017, 10:06:59 PM

Exactly

Swansea did exactly the same thing last year when they hired Clement after he had gotten sacked by Derby. Unless my memory fails me.
Spot on!