watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

12th - 2nd

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 30, 2017, 05:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Given we are only at the halfway mark of the season, 12th - 2nd is fairly close, only a few wins separating us from 2nd place with 23 games left in the season. If we can maintain a solid win streak with a few draws we will be looking healthy and into the top 6 come may. We have had too many draws this season, though, and the 2 points dropped from those games are beginning to show.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

Yes but we are in the mix challenging for a top six place, all is not lost yet.

JoelH5

Don't think we're there yet although we look a lot closer. If AK continues to improve and we bring in 2 strong first team players, we could really click.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

Quote from: maoconnor on December 30, 2017, 05:02:29 PM
Given we are only at the halfway mark of the season, 12th - 2nd is fairly close, only a few wins separating us from 2nd place with 23 games left in the season. If we can maintain a solid win streak with a few draws we will be looking healthy and into the top 6 come may. We have had too many draws this season, though, and the 2 points dropped from those games are beginning to show.
21 games to go not 23!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: davew on December 30, 2017, 06:44:01 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on December 30, 2017, 05:02:29 PM
21 games to go not 23!!!

ayyeeee, quite right. Never mind my mistake, the point I am trying to make still stands!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

grandad

I believe that the 5th & 6th play off spots are between all the teams from the current 5th down to us in 12th. Any 2 from the 8 can make it. It is down to who can be consistent.
From our point of view we need to rack up the goals as we are behind in the GD stakes.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

We cannot afford too many more draws. But we have to strengthen the defence, and I haven't missed the fact that Kamara scores two, but we still need another really decent striker to boost our chances. We must address our Achilles Heels in January.
The club have no excuses, it's been obvious to all and sundry over the last two windows, yet we are still not addressing these issues.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2017, 07:03:10 PM
We cannot afford too many more draws. But we have to strengthen the defence, and I haven't missed the fact that Kamara scores two, but we still need another really decent striker to boost our chances. We must address our Achilles Heels in January.
The club have no excuses, it's been obvious to all and sundry over the last two windows, yet we are still not addressing these issues.

This.

davew

Quote from: Twig on December 30, 2017, 07:24:11 PM

This?? Are we going to get into another debate about being partial (lol). The next thing is that King Arthur will appear with his sword (only joking)!

Woolly Mammoth

What the hell is " This ". ?
Explain yourself man.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2017, 09:24:36 PM
Explain yourself man.
Thank God you are there to support me again, for a moment I thought I was going mad or had too many you know what's to drink. The madness thing has been there for a while and something I have to accept now, but to forget that I hadn't had a drink, when I hadn't had even 1 then, that would be sheer madness!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 30, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2017, 09:24:36 PM
Explain yourself man.
Thank God you are there to support me again, for a moment I thought I was going mad or had too many you know what's to drink. The madness thing has been there for a while and something I have to accept now, but to forget that I hadn't had a drink, when I hadn't had even 1 then, that would be sheer madness!

Do not despair, I am here to serve.
This is the season of merriment and good will to all men and ladies.
So push the boat out, and join me in drinking to swimming with bow legged women. 

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on December 30, 2017, 07:24:11 PM

This.

That.

Twig

Sorry, I meant to type; I agree with this, but in my rush I posted a somewhat abbreviated version. I do think Wooly is right though, nothing has changed for me, we still need an experienced striker (while AK hopefully develops into a top striker over the next season or two) plus a CB and LB.

JackHFFC1990

Still all to play for a win Tuesday will have us in a good position to push for the play offs. Personally believe Wolves Derby Bristol City will remain in the top 6. Leaving 3 spaces fighting between Cardiff Leeds Villa Boro Brentford Preston & Fulham

..FOF..

Quote from: Twig on December 31, 2017, 09:19:36 AM
Sorry, I meant to type; I agree with this, but in my rush I posted a somewhat abbreviated version. I do think Wooly is right though, nothing has changed for me, we still need an experienced striker (while AK hopefully develops into a top striker over the next season or two) plus a CB and LB.

Hopefully Joka is mostly in charge of the transfer window this time and it will be a quick one as strategised by Joka himself in this article.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-hoping-fulhams-transfer-14041292

Better to have new players starting to gel in mid Jan than early Feb.

It will be a close fight for the playoff spots.