Nottm Forest
0 - 1 Sunderland
Sheff Utd
0 - 1 Bolton
Bristol City
1 - 2 Wolves

WhiteJC

Report: Tigers Pegged Back In Draw With Fulham

Despite taking a 2-0 lead, the Tigers were forced to settle for a point from Saturday's home clash with Fulham as it ended 2-2 at the KCOM Stadium.

First half goals from Jarrod Bowen and Nouha Dicko had put Nigel Adkins' side in full control, but a second half double from Fulham substitute Aboubakar Kamara, including one from the penalty spot, saw the points shared.

Adkins made just one change to his side as leading scorer Bowen returned to the starting eleven in place of the injured Kamil Grosicki. Evandro and Fraizer Campbell were included on the bench as they returned from injury, providing a boost during the busy festive period.

A quiet opening brought a couple of bright attacking moments for the home side with Bowen's low ball across the face of goal just evading Dicko and Fikayo Tomori seeing a shot clip the crossbar, although the flag had gone up for offside.

With the Tigers gradually getting themselves on top, Dicko flicked a Seb Larsson free kick just wide, one of a number of set-pieces that went the home side's way with Fulham struggling to deal with some neat interplay.

It was from a free kick that the first shot on target of the afternoon came, Marcus Bettinelli getting down well to keep out Larsson's 25-yarder.

The deadlock was broken in the 32nd minute as the Tigers took a deserved lead. Jon Toral's corner wasn't cleared properly and when Tomori nodded a high ball back into the danger zone, it was flicked on by Jackson Irvine for Bowen to volley home from close range.

It was 2-0 just four minutes later when Toral slid a lovely ball through for Dicko who hammered a shot past Bettinelli and into the net.

That prompted Fulham into making a double change before the break but it made little difference ahead of the interval, Michael Hector firing a chance to make it three over the bar in the final minute of the half.

Dicko forced Bettinelli to turn a shot over the bar with less than 30 seconds of the second half played, with Fulham somehow managing to clear Toral's corner when the ball looked to be heading for the back of the net.

However, Fulham were back in the game with 48 minutes gone when Hector's clumsy challenge on substitute Kamara saw the referee point for a penalty and Kamara made no mistake from the spot.

It was a goal that re-energised Fulham and Neesekens Kebano maybe should have brought them level in the 53rd minute but he sent his effort just too high from inside the box.

Ola Aina saw a low effort saved by Bettinelli as the Tigers recovered their composure a little, although McGregor had to get down to save from Kebano's low shot with Fulham looking pacey in attack.

A first home change saw Markus Henriksen replace Kevin Stewart before Bowen had a chance to restore the Tigers' two-goal cushion but he was denied by a good save from Bettinelli.

Campbell came on for Toral as fresh legs were added further up the field, although it was at the other end where much of the focus now was with Allan McGregor off his line quickly to deny Ryan Sessegnon and Kamara firing the resulting loose ball over the bar.

The Fulham equaliser arrived five minutes from time as they passed their way into the Tigers' box before and Kamara found the bottom corner with a lovely finish.

With the energy tank close to exhaustion, the Tigers were now hanging on for a point which they did with no further chances at either end.

Hull City: Allan McGregor, Fikayo Tomori, Michael Dawson, Michael Hector, Ola Aina, Kevin Stewart (Markus Henriksen 68), Sebastian Larsson, Jon Toral (Fraizer Campbell 72), Jackson Irvine, Jarrod Bowen, Nouha Dicko (Max Clark 83).

Subs Not Used: David Marshall, Adama Diomande, Evandro, Josh Clackstone.

Fulham: Marcus Bettinelli, Ryan Fredericks, Ryan Sessegnon, Denis Odoi (Lucas Piazon 74), Kevin McDonald, Stefan Johansen, Tom Cairney, Floyd Ayite (Aboubakar Kamara 40), Tim Ream, Sheyi Ojo (Neeskens Kebano 40), Tomas Kalas.

Subs Not Used: David Button, Rui Fonte, Oliver Norwood, Marcelo Djalo.

Referee: Mr D. Webb.

Attendance: 15,701 (631 Visiting Supporters).

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/articles/2017/201718-fulham-h-report/

WhiteJC

Head Coach Reaction

Slaviša Jokanović feels his side cannot afford to put in such "up & down performances" if they are to reach their targets this Season but was satisfied by his side's application in the second half to secure a 2-2 draw with Hull City.

Despite a valiant fight back in the second half Jokanović was left ruing the lack of energy shown by his side in the opening 45 minutes. However, he was quick to credit the impact of the two substitutes and the desire shown to battle back and secure a point away from home.

"We didn't start the game well," the Head Coach stated. "I made the substitutions to provoke a shock reaction.

"It wasn't a question about whether Sheyi Ojo was playing a bad game. Or the same for Floyd Ayité.

"Both players played very well in the previous two games. But the new people on the pitch gave the side new energy and in the end Aboubakar (Kamara) scored two important goals. A big credit for him.

"We didn't have a lot of energy at the start of the game. I used the same 11 as I had used against Cardiff.

"We didn't have control of the ball enough and we were moving slowly in the first 45 minutes.

"It was urgent for us to change things and we did.

"With these changes it gave Tom Cairney, Stefan Johansen, Ryan Sessegnon and Ryan Fredericks more space and they had more energy.

"Thankfully for us the changes provided a little bit of a shock and we have come away with one point.

"But if we want to be chasing the targets we want to reach we cannot show such an up-down performance like we did today."

After falling 2-0 behind the prospects look bleak heading into the second half. However, an Aboubakar Kamara penalty in the 48th minute set the tone for the second period and the Whites pressed hard and were rewarded in the 85th minute as Kamara struck again.

"We found the situation with the penalty early on in the second half. We scored the goal and then we tried to take it step by step.

"It wasn't an easy situation for us and I give a lot of credit to my players.

"They reacted well in a complicated situation in the second half.

"Yes we played well in the second half but we played too late.

"We have so many games in front of us. Ipswich will be a complicated game for us.

"We know how Mick McCarthy organises his team and we will need energy for this game.

"I expect we will find time to refresh over the coming games and be ready."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/30/head-coach-reaction-hull

WhiteJC

Hull City 2-2 Fulham

Aboubakar Kamara doubled his tally for the season, having not scored a goal since September

Aboubakar Kamara scored two second-half goals as Fulham came from 2-0 down to draw at Hull City.

Hull were in control after two strikes in four first-half minutes as Jarrod Bowen and Nouha Dicko scored the Tigers' first goals in four games.

Michael Hector fouled substitute Kamara in the area soon after the break and the Frenchman blasted in the penalty.

And in the final moments he placed a shot just inside the post after patient build-up play to rescue a point.

Nigel Adkins has failed to guide Hull to a win in any of his last four games in charge - the only victory since his tenure began was the 3-2 win at Brentford three weeks ago.

The Tigers remain in 19th place, but are now only two points off the drop zone, while Fulham drop to 12th.

The two goals were the highlight of an otherwise dull first period, with Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic bringing on Kamara and Neeskens Kebano for Sheyi Ojo and Floyd Ayite five minutes before the break.

The change had the desired effect - the opening goal was followed by Steven Sessegnon and Kebano going close before Kamara's late leveller.

Hull head coach Nigel Adkins:
"I thought the first half was exceptional. We've gone 2-0 up, we could have been more.

"We started the second half well - their keeper made a good save from Nouha - and lo and behold one of our defenders has given a stupid penalty away and that changed the complexion of the game for me.

"You look at the league table and we need to get another 10 victories to make sure we're in the division again next year."

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic:
"I made substitutions because I can change all my 11 players. We didn't start the game so I tried to get a shock reaction.

"It's not a question about Sheyi Ojo playing a bad football game or Ayite. Both players played very well the last two games.

"It was my mistake. I am thinking before they scored the first goal, do something and try and get some reaction, but I didn't do enough fast. Fortunately these changes gave us some sort of shock."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42463026

WhiteJC

Hull 2-2 Fulham: Aboubakar Kamara's double denies Tigers

Substitute Aboubakar Kamara scored twice as Fulham came from behind to snatch a 2-2 draw at Hull.

Jarrod Bowen and Nouha Dicko gave the hosts a deserved two-goal lead at the KCOM Stadium, but the Sky Bet Championship strugglers failed to cope with Kamara in the second half. The Frenchman scored a penalty three minutes after the interval and equalised with a well-placed finish late on.

Hull's only change saw top scorer Bowen make his first start under Nigel Adkins, with Kamil Grosicki missing out with an ankle problem. Slavisa Jovanovic kept faith with the XI which won 4-2 at Cardiff on Boxing Day - but his side were well off the pace in the opening period.

The hosts had already served notice of their threat from set-pieces prior to Bowen's opener, with Denis Odoi heading a Jon Toral free-kick over his own bar before Dicko deflected Sebastian Larsson's cross narrowly wide.

Hull's opening goal came after 32 minutes as Bowen prodded home at the back post after Fulham failed to deal with Toral's corner. Four minutes later Dicko smashed a left-footed effort into the roof of the net to double Hull's lead, with Toral again the provider - this time with a clever through-ball.

Jokanovic had clearly seen enough and five minutes before half-time replaced Floyd Ayite and Sheyi Ojo with Neeskens Kebano and Kamara.

Michael Hector fired over from 12 yards after Bowen's free-kick evaded the Fulham defence, before Kebano headed the visitors' first meaningful chance a fraction wide in first-half stoppage time.

Dicko had a shot tipped over by Marcus Bettinelli at the start of the second half but three minutes later the Cottagers were handed a lifeline when Kamara was needlessly brought down by Hector inside the area. He picked himself up to rifle the spot-kick past Allan McGregor.

Ola Aina's powerful effort was kept out by Bettinelli, while at the other end Kebano's cross fell for former Hull midfielder Tom Cairney but Jackson Irvine was on hand to make a vital block.

Kebano hit a tame effort straight at McGregor but Hull should have restored their two-goal cushion when Bettinelli parried Dicko's 70th-minute effort to Bowen, only for the forward to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.

Kamara wasted a golden chance 11 minutes from time when he blazed over after Ryan Sessegnon had surged into the box, but converted with a cool finish following a slick move with five minutes remaining as Hull's habit of conceding late goals cost them dearly again.

The managers
Nigel Adkins: "I thought the first half was exceptional. We've gone 2-0 up, we could have been more. We started the second half well - their keeper made a good save from Nouha - and lo and behold one of our defenders has given a stupid penalty away and that changed the complexion of the game for me.

"We've got to go again because we play Bolton in 48 hours. You look at the league table and we need to get another 10 victories to make sure we're in the division again next year."

Slavisa Jokanovic: "I made substitutions because I can change all my 11 players. We didn't start the game so I tried to get a shock reaction. It's not a question about Sheyi Ojo playing a bad football game or Ayite. Both players played very well the last two games.

"New people on the pitch can give a new energy and Baka scored two important goals and credit to him too. It was my mistake. I am thinking before they scored the first goal, do something and try and get some reaction, but I didn't do enough fast. Fortunately these changes gave us some sort of shock."

http://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-fulham/374913

WhiteJC

Substitute Kamara Fulham's hero as Hull let it slip again

Substitute Aboubakar Kamara scored twice as Fulham came from behind to snatch a 2-2 draw at Hull.
Jarrod Bowen and Nouha Dicko gave the hosts a deserved two-goal lead at the KCOM Stadium, but the Sky Bet Championship strugglers failed to cope with Kamara in the second half.
The Frenchman scored a penalty three minutes after the interval and equalised with a well-placed finish late on.
Hull's only change saw top scorer Bowen make his first start under Nigel Adkins, with Kamil Grosicki missing out with an ankle problem.
Slavisa Jovanovic kept faith with the XI which won 4-2 at Cardiff on Boxing Day - but his side were well off the pace in the opening period.
The hosts had already served notice of their threat from set-pieces prior to Bowen's opener, with Denis Odoi heading a Jon Toral free-kick over his own bar before Dicko deflected Sebastian Larsson's cross narrowly wide.
The opening goal came after 32 minutes as Bowen prodded home at the back post after Fulham failed to deal with Toral's corner.
Four minutes later Dicko smashed a left-footed effort into the roof of the net to double Hull's lead, with Toral again the provider - this time with a clever through-ball.
Jokanovic had clearly seen enough and five minutes before half-time replaced Floyd Ayite and Sheyi Ojo with Neeskens Kebano and Kamara.
Michael Hector fired over from 12 yards after Bowen's free-kick evaded the Fulham defence, before Kebano headed the visitors' first meaningful chance a fraction wide in first-half stoppage time.
Dicko had a shot tipped over by Marcus Bettinelli at the start of the second half but three minutes later the Cottagers were handed a lifeline when Kamara was needlessly brought down by Hector inside the area. The Frenchman picked himself up to rifle the spot-kick past Allan McGregor.
Ola Aina's powerful effort was kept out by Bettinelli, while at the other end Kebano's cross fell for former Hull midfielder Tom Cairney but Jackson Irvine was on hand to make a vital block.
Kebano hit a tame effort straight at McGregor but Hull should have restored their two-goal cushion when Bettinelli parried Dicko's 70th-minute effort to Bowen, only for the forward to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.
Kamara wasted a golden chance 11 minutes from time when he blazed over after Ryan Sessegnon had surged into the box, but converted with a cool finish following a slick move with five minutes remaining as Hull's habit of conceding late goals cost them dearly again.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/report?gameId=483403

WhiteJC

Hull City 2 Fulham 2: 'We need another 10 wins to be safe', admits Tigers chief Nigel Adkins

TOP scorer Jarrod Bowen got back on the goal trail in his first start under Hull City manager Nigel Adkins - but it was not enough to bring them victory.

With Nouha Dicko quickly adding to Bowen's 32nd-minute opener, the Tigers were on top but substitute Aboubakar Kamara made it 2-1 with a 48th-minute penalty and equalised in the 85th minute.

With Kamil Grosicki out with an ankle injury, Bowen got his first start under Adkins, having damaged a knee in the 2-2 draw against Sheffield Wednesday and making his comeback from the bench in the last three games. This was the only change made by Adkins for his fifth game in charge after the goalless draw against Derby. Striker Fraizer Campbell and Brazillian playmaker Evandro began their own comebacks from injury on the bench. Fulham, led by former Tigers player Tom Cairney, arrived fresh from a 3-2 triumph at Cardiff City and on the back of five wins from their last seven Championship games. It was a tame opening quarter with Fikayo Tomori grazing the bar from an offside position and Denis Odoi heading over his own bar from Jon Toral's free-kick for the Tigers.

But it was the Tigers who took a 32nd-minute lead, Bowen poaching his 11th goal of the season from inside the six-yard area after Toral and Jackson Irvine had won headers from a corner. It was soon 2-0 as Nouha Dicko burst onto a pass down the middle from Toral and went between two defenders before firing into the roof of the net.

Fulham then made two changes, Neeskens Kebano and Aboubakar Kamara replacing Floyd Ayite and Sheyi Ojo. Kebano went close before the break, flicking a header narrowly wide after Toral had fired over at the other end. Kamara put Fulham back in it when he won and converted a penalty following a needless trip on the corner of the area by Michael Hector as the striker sought support moving out of the danger zone after collecting a ball over the top from Cairney. Kebano soon went close to equalising when he clipped over Allan McGregor but also the bar after bursting down the left channel.

Tigers made their first change in the 68th minute when Markus Henriksen replaced Kevin Stewart. Toral was denied from close in by the legs of goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli after Dicko's shot had been deflected. Campbell came on to acclaim as he replaced a tiring Toral in the 73rd minute. McGregor took a blow to the head diving at the feet of Ryan Sessegnon - Kamara firing the follow-up over - but continued after treatment. Dicko got an ovation as he was replaced by Max Clark before patient build-up play around the edge of the area conjured enough space for Kamara to place the ball inside McGregor's left-hand post to make it 2-2 and claim a deserved point.

Hull could slip into the bottom three if they lose to relegation rivals Bolton on New Year's Day, and manager Nigel Adkins has challenged his side to win 10 games in order to stay up. "I thought the first half was exceptional," he said. "We've gone 2-0 up, we could have been more. "We started the second half well - their keeper made a good save from Nouha - and lo and behold one of our defenders has given a stupid penalty away and that changed the complexion of the game for me. "We've got to go again because we play Bolton in 48 hours. "You look at the league table and we need to get another 10 victories to make sure we're in the division again next year."

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city/hull-city-2-fulham-2-we-need-another-10-wins-to-be-safe-admits-tigers-chief-nigel-adkins-1-8933434

WhiteJC

Hull City end 2017 with a familiar collapse to draw with Fulham

The Tigers threw away a two-goal lead to draw against Fulham

Hull City ended 2017 with an all-too familiar sense of deflation as a second-half collapse allowed Fulham to snatch a 2-2 draw at the KCOM Stadium.

A tumultuous calendar year appeared destined to conclude on an uplifting note for the Tigers when the first-half goals of Jarrod Bowen and Nouha Dicko built up a comfortable lead at the break.

Yet the introduction of Aboudakar Kamara late in the first half proved to be the game's turning point. The Fulham striker won and converted a penalty to throw his side a lifeline before waves of second-half pressure eventually told when Kamara rolled in an equaliser with five minutes to play.

The setback was galling for City's head coach Nigel Adkins, who has now collected just two points from the last four games. Despite dominating another talented opponent for half of the contest, the self-destruct button pressed so many times under the reign of Leonid Slutsky was leaned upon once more.

Another two points dropped has heightened the significance of an already vital New Year's Day trip to Bolton. The bottom three are now within touching distance of the Tigers in 19th and only a positive result can keep the chasing pack at the bay.

The third instalment of City's festive campaign threatened the onset of fatigue but Adkins only change from the 0-0 draw with Derby was to replace the injured Kamil Grosicki with Bowen.

That search for continuity retained the Boxing Day rhythm in City's play and the opening quarter offered promise. Neat interplay inside the Fulham half asked questions of the visitors' defence but not goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli.

One well-worked chance involving Ola Aina and Jon Toral sent the overlapping Fikayo Tomori clear in acres of space but after chipping the ball on to the bar, the right-back turned to see an offside flag raised against him.

City camped inside the Fulham half for long spells that followed, gradually ratcheting up the pressure on an uncertain guest. Free-kicks were won time and again deep in Fulham territory as they struggled to get out, with Seb Larsson's right-footed attempt from 25 yards out, easily saved low down by Bettinelli, the most threatening.

If the Tigers were starting to wonder where their next goal would come from, the team's most consistent threat ended that five-hour wait in the 32nd minute. After Toral's harassment of Denis Odoi had won City a right-wing corner, Fulham's inability to clear their lines allowed Bowen to thump in an emphatic finish from five yards out.

An 11th goal of the season was not pretty but set the platform for City to assume full control. Within four minutes the lead was doubled and the Tigers' second was far more pleasing on the eye. Toral's threaded pass was perfectly-weighted for Dicko, who held off a defender and dispatched an unstoppable finish into the top corner.

City's complete dominance was reflected by a transformative double substitution made by Fulham five minutes before the break. The ineffective Sheyi Ojo and Floyd Ayite were both hooked and it almost got better for the visitors just before the break. Neeskens Kebano, one of the two early Fulham subs, sent a header inches wide of the upright.

A two-goal lead was nevertheless no more than City deserved at the interval and it might have been three just after the re-start. Dicko, brimming with confidence up front, sent a fierce drive goal-bound only for Bettinelli to tip over.

Fulham needed help in releasing City's grip on the contest and it duly came from Michael Hector. A needless challenge on Kamara on the right edge of the penalty area gifted the visitors the spot-kick and the striker fouled beat the previously untested Allan McGregor from 12 yards out.

The mood was transformed in a flash. Fulham were reinvigorated as City began to doubt themselves and an equaliser almost came for Kebano, who clipped a shot over the bar from Ryan Sessegnon's pass.

Hector went some way to redeeming himself when blocking Tim Ream's shot at the back post when City had been caught cold down their left, while Kebano came close again soon after with a low shot saved by McGregor.

A third goal for City promised to kill the contest and it nearly came with 20 minutes to play. Toral's lovely back-heel played in Dicko to have a shot blocked and though it fell kindly to Bowen, Bettinelli produced a superb stop to thwart City's winger with his feet.

Fulham kept on coming at the Tigers through the closing stages, however, and a well-worked move almost brought the equaliser. Lucas Piazon's pass played in Sessegnon and when McGregor bravely blocked at the winger's feet, it needed a wayward finish from Kamara to maintain City's lead.

The one-way traffic was increasingly ominous and with five minutes to play the dam burst. Patient play from Fulham was not halted by static defending and Kamara capped a game-changing display with a clever finish into the bottom corner.

City were eventually the side more pleased to see the final whistle but the smattering of jeers at full-time told its own story. The Tigers had shot themselves in the foot.
Hull City

Allan McGregor, Fikayo Tomori, Michael Dawson, Michael Hector, Ola Aina, Seb Larsson, Kevin Stewart (Markus Henriksen 68), Jon Toral (Fraizer Campbell 71), Jackson Irvine, Jarrod Bowen, Nouha Dicko (Max Clark 83)

Subs: David Marshall, Josh Clackstone, Evandro, Adama Diomande
Fulham

Marcus Bettinelli, Ryan Fredericks, Tomas Kalas, Tim Ream, Denis Odoi (Lucas Piazon 74), Kevin McDonald, Stefan Johansen, Sheyi Ojo (Neeskens Kebano 40), Tom Cairney, Ryan Sessegnon, Floyd Ayite (Aboubakar Kamara 40)

Subs: David Button, Rui Fonte, Oliver Norwood, Marcelo Djalo

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-end-2017-familiar-992327

WhiteJC

Fulham storm back to draw with Hull

Hull City 2 Fulham 2

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic's unusual step of making a double substitution five minutes before the break paid off as Aboubakar Kamara's double inspired a second-half comeback.

Goals for the hosts on 32 and 36 minutes had the Whites on the ropes at the KCOM Stadium, with Jarrod Bowen and Nouha Dicko netting.

Jokanovic then decided to take off Sheyi Ojo and Floyd Ayite, with Kamara and Neeskens Kebano coming on.

The gamble worked, with Kamara netting a penalty and then grabbing an equaliser four minutes from time.

It had been a dismal first half from the Whites, who presented Bowen with the opener after they failed to clear a corner.

Former Brentford loanee Jon Toral then laid on Hull's second for Dicko, who fired past Marcus Bettinelli.

Kebano almost reduced the deficit before half-time, while Dicko tested Bettinelli again just after it.

But Fulham got back into the game following a foul on Kamara in the box, with Kebano again going close following good work by Ryan Sessegnon.

Bettinelli made a good save to deny Hull's on-loan Chelsea defender Ola Aina and an even better one to keep out Bowen – and that proved crucial as Fulham struck late on, working the ball into Kamara to finish.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-fulham-storm-back-to-draw-with-hull-city

WhiteJC

Jokanovic Quick Trigger Helps Fulham Salvage Point

Hull and Fulham battle it out Photo by Ashley Allen/Getty Images

It was the quick trigger of Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic that helped Fulham salvage a draw against Hull City. The Whites were able to draw 2-2 to a Hull City side that continues to look better and better with each match.

The game could not have been scripted worse for Fulham. In the 11th minute of the match, Fikayo Tomori had an opportunity at goal for Hull. He was able to get off a shot which hit the crossbar, but a late whistle offsides halted any result that would have come.

It wasn't long after that Hull was able to find their first goal. After a congested opening minutes and a sluggish start by Fulham, Hull found the back of the net on a corner kick. The corner which was conceded by Odoi, was flicked in to an unmarked Jarrod Bowen, who was near the back-post. He was able to easily hit the ball into the top corner giving Hull the 1-0 lead in the 32nd minute.

The tragedy of a first half continued for Fulham just four minutes afterwards. Jon Toral was able to split the central defenders, Ream and Kalas, with a pass to Nouha Dicko. Dicko was then able to easily slot the ball into the top of the net making the game 2-0 in Hull's favor. Fulham looked outmatched just 36 minutes into the game.

It was then the quick thinking by manager Jokanovic that turned the game around. In the 40th minute, the Serbian manager made a double substitution, bringing on Neeskens Kabano and Aboubakar Kamara for Sheyi Ojo and Floyd Ayite, respectively.

The game went into halftime 2-0 in favor of Hull.

Out of the gates, the home team still seemed to be in control. A quick opportunity arose for Dicko, who had an open shot from close range. Marcus Bettinelli made an excellent save of the shot, however, in order to keep the game from getting out of reach. This is the moment things seemed to turn around for The Whites.

Kamara found himself inside the box and drew a penalty. The Frenchman was dragged down by Michael Hector, who attempted to keep the big bodied striker from turning. Kamara was able to perfectly slot the penalty into the top right corner, making the game 2-1 in the 48th minute.

Fulham then found themselves in complete control. Hull couldn't seem to maintain any sort of possession and Fulham were just playing keep-away. Kebano caused plenty of havoc for The Tiger's back line, and had a shot on target in the 66th minute, which ended up in the hands of Hull keeper McGregor.

Continuing to put pressure on Hull, Kamara was close to finding his second goal in the 79th minute. Lucas Piazon played a beautiful through-ball on the left side to Ryan Sessegnon, who had his attempt poked away by McGregor. The ball fell to Kamara after this touch, and he sailed the ball over the bar on an open goal.

They opportunity came again though, as Piazon played Kamara in the middle of the 18-yard box. He was able to body off the man marking him, and neatly slotted the ball into the bottom right corner. The Frenchman was able to tie the game up 2-2 in the 85th minute.

At that point until the end of the game, there were no true opportunities for a winner on both sides. Hull and Fulham had to settle for a draw ending 2017 with one point each.

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/12/30/16833398/jokanovic-quick-trigger-salvage-point

WhiteJC

Kamara brace inspires Fulham fightback
by Dan on December 30, 2017

It wasn't long ago that Aboubakar Kamara was held up as everything that was wrong with Fulham's statistically orientated recruitment policy. But the French forward, gradually introduced into the Fulham first team following a £5m summer move from Amiens, silenced any doubters by inspiring a second half fightback at Hull with a brilliant brace after Slavisa Jokanovic's side had handed their hosts a two-goal start.

Kamara won a penalty just three minutes into the second half, drawing a needless foul from Michael Hector after he had brought down a long pass from Tom Cairney and burst into the box. The striker took the spot kick himself, confidently blasting it beyond Allan McGregor, and, after spooning a late shot high over the bar, refused to be denied a decisive say in proceedings. He nonchalantly finished a fine passing move with a low finish from ten yards – an impact that owed much to hard work down at Motspur Park.

The Fulham head coach was so disgusted by his team's listless display that he replaced the anonymous Floyd Ayite and ineffective Sheyi Ojo with Kamara and Neeskens Kebano after just forty minutes. The fluency that Fulham showed in outclassing Cardiff three days ago was nowhere to be seen – and Hull, without a goal in three games, grew in confidence as they began on the front foot.

Ola Aina and Jon Toral sprung the high Fulham line to release Fikayo Tomori, who didn't realise he was offside before he clipped the bar after chipping Marcus Bettinelli. Hull built substantial pressure by winning several free-kick and Seb Larsson sent one straight at Bettinelli.

Hull got their reward for an adventurous start after half an hour when Denis Odoi refused to clear his lines and conceded a corner under pressure from Toral. Fulham failed to clear the set piece and the returning Jarrod Bowen – afforded the freedom of the six yard box – gleefully lashed home his eleventh of the season.

Four minutes later and Nigel Adkins' side doubled their advantage. Toral tigerishly won possession in midfield and threaded a fine through ball between the Fulham centre halves for Nouha Sicko to run onto. The former Wolves forward raced into the box and lashed a rising finish past a helpless Bettinelli.

Jokanovic responded with a double change five minutes before the break – hauling off the anonymous Floyd Ayite and an ineffective Sheyi Ojo and introducing Kamara and Neeskens Kebano. The bold move almost had an immediate impact when Kebano soared majestically in the Tigers' box but glanced his header fractionally wide.

You might have expected a ferocious start to the second period from the visitors, but Fulham were indebted to Bettinelli for keeping the deficit at two. The Fulham goalkeeper made a fine reaction stop at his near post to palm Dicko's instinctive drive over the bar.

Fulham's route back into the contest arrived moments later courtesy of a needless foul from Michael Hector. The centre half felled Kamara after the substitute brought down Tom Cairney's lofted pass and the French forward picked himself up to blast the penalty beyond the previously underemployed Allan McGregor with real confidence.

The whole context of the contest changed in an instant. Fulham suddenly looked like scoring in every attack – with Kebano shooting over after a lovely link up with Ryan Sessegnon. Hector blocked Tim Ream's drive at the far post and Kebano had a shot smothered by McGregor with two white shirts available in the six yard box.

Hull, now concentrating on defending their lead, threatened only sporadically but the dangerous Dicko had a shot blocked before Bettinelli superbly saved from Bowen by improvising with his feet. A third would have settled the contest – but it never arrived.

Fulham laid siege to the City goal in the last ten minutes. Substitute Lucas Piazon played in Sessegnon with a superb reverse pass but, after McGregor bravely threw himself at the teenager's feet, Kamara blazed over from ten yards. The cult hero wasn't to be denied, however.

A flowing move saw Ryan Fredericks, Cairney and Stefan Johansen find Piazon with one-touch passes before Kamara nonchalantly fired home the Brazilian's lay-off brilliantly. Fulham might have pinched a winner in five minutes of added time but Kamara had certainly made his point.

HULL CITY (4-2-3-1): McGregor; Tomori, Aina, Dawson, Hector; Irvine, Toral; Stewart (Henriksen 68), Larsson (Campbell 71), Bowen; Dicko (Clarke 83). Subs (not used): Marshall, Clackstone, Evandro, Diomade.

GOALS: Bowen (32), Dicko (36).

FULHAM (4-3-3): Bettinelli; Fredericks, Odoi, Kalas, Ream; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Ojo (Kebano 40), R. Sessegnon, Ayite (Kamara 40). Subs (not used): Button, Djalo, Norwood, Fonte.

BOOKED: McDonald.

GOAL: Kamara (pen 48, 85).

REFEREE: David Webb (Lancashire).

ATTENDANCE: 15, 701.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/12/kamara-brace-inspires-fulham-fightback/

WhiteJC

Real Madrid Line Up Shock Move For 17 Y/O Championship Full-back: Is He Worth The Fuss?

Real Madrid are planning an audacious swoop for Fulham's teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon. According to recent reports, the Los Blancos are interested in securing the services of the 17-year-old and are set to be joined by the Premier League duo of Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United in the race for his signature. Sessegnon has been a regular first-team member for the Cottagers this season and is now attracting a growing list of admirers from all across Europe.

It is being reported that Spurs had shown previous interest in the player but he subsequently signed a new deal at Craven Cottage which has cooled interest about his immediate future.

However, with the January transfer window looming on the horizon, it has given rise to a lot of speculation and according to sources in the Spanish press, the reigning European champions are planning to make a surprise move for the Championship wonder-kid. Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane is believed to be looking for a long-term successor to their Brazilian fullback Marcelo and Sessegnon has currently being lined up as a strong contender to join the Los Blancos, with Real scouts satisfied with his recent displays for the Londoners.

Ryan Sessegnon has featured in 26 matches for the Cottagers in all competitions this season and has scored 5 goals and made 3 assists from the left-back position so far. His record of late justifies why a whole host of top European clubs are lining up to land his signature. However, it is difficult to see him get any game time at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium with Marcelo a regular starter under Zinedine Zidane. So any permanent move would most likely see the youngster go out on loan and continue with his development.

Real Madrid has struggled in the La Liga this season and has fallen off the pace in the title race. They are currently in fourth place in the league table, a massive 14 points behind leaders and rivals Barcelona, but with a game in hand. Their struggles have been partly down to their inconsistent defence with 14 goals being conceded at the back. Sessegnon has the potential to definitely cut the mustard in Madrid in the future, but for now, the youngster is likely to be more suited to playing football regularly and getting as much first-team experience as possible to continue his growth as a player.

It remains to be seen whether Real Madrid are successful in their attempts to fend off strong competition from the Premier League in pursuit of the Fulham prospect's signature.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/12/real-madrid-line-shock-move-17-yo-championship-full-back-worth-fuss/