https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight’s objective view from H Block ..,

Started by howitis, January 02, 2018, 11:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Ipswich were one of the poorest teams I have seen at the Cottage this season
We started the game very well and dominated for long periods
We lacked that cutting edge in the first half and despite some ok offensive play Kamara is just not on the same wavelength as others and does not have the quality or football brain at this level to deliver
Johansen gave away a silly foul and despite an excellent delivery by Ipswich we were found lacking from GK and CB's
Disappointed to see Ayite go off as I thought he started well but Kenabo had a big impact on the game and his urgency, skill and direct play made a difference.
Not sure midfield of Cairney, Norwood and Johansen works.
Despite large amounts of pressure, no denying that the Ipswich sending off was a pivotal moment in the game. We may have ground them down eventually but it made things a lot easier.
Sessegnon has the uncanny ability to be in the right position at the right time and his goal scoring numbers for his age and playing position are outstanding.
Cairney is starting to get his fitness and mojo back and his footwork for the 3rd was great.
Hope McDonald was rested and nothing more
We need 2 strikers, we don't have any at the moment.
Yes we need a commanding CB
We need to find a way of getting Fredericks back to being an attacking force. He misses aluko.
We need a left back to play with Sess.
We still have a weak underbelly. We need an enforcer on that pitch !
Entertaining night and result we should expect.
We need to improve significantly to make progress up the division.

Milo

Can't believe how we've stumbled to 4 points off the playoffs with quite a lot of dross above us! The standard in the Championship this season has really dipped. We are incredibly lucky to be in touch with the way we've played but frankly we have no excuse but to make the playoffs now.

I anticipate:

1. Wolves
2. Villa (v Derby?)
3. Derby
4. Fulham
5. Boro with old Pulis
6. Who knows

Andy S

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: howitis on January 02, 2018, 11:54:11 PM
We lacked that cutting edge in the first half and despite some ok offensive play Kamara is just not on the same wavelength as others and does not have the quality or football brain at this level to deliver
Johansen gave away a silly foul and despite an excellent delivery by Ipswich we were found lacking from GK and CB's
Disappointed to see Ayite go off as I thought he started well but Kenabo had a big impact on the game and his urgency, skill and direct play made a difference.
Despite large amounts of pressure, no denying that the Ipswich sending off was a pivotal moment in the game. We may have ground them down eventually but it made things a lot easier.
Sessegnon has the uncanny ability to be in the right position at the right time and his goal scoring numbers for his age and playing position are outstanding.
Cairney is starting to get his fitness and mojo back and his footwork for the 3rd was great.
We need to find a way of getting Fredericks back to being an attacking force. He misses aluko.

So disappointed in the lads after our 4-1 defeat last night. Slav out...

:doh:

RaySmith

Can we make second place? Don't want to put the mockers on it though.

Twig

Yes, we were so poor last night. Sitting in H block I didn't notice us playing Ipswich off the park all evening. I was unaware of how well our back four stood up to a very physical Ipswich. I failed to notice how incisive our build up play was through the midfield. Without K Mac how lucky were we to totally dominate the middle of the park. Clearly we don't have a striker at the moment because AK could only manage a pathetic four in two games. What a fluke to win 4-1.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on January 03, 2018, 08:39:55 AM
Yes, we were so poor last night. Sitting in H block I didn't notice us playing Ipswich off the park all evening. I was unaware of how well our back four stood up to a very physical Ipswich. I failed to notice how incisive our build up play was through the midfield. Without K Mac how lucky were we to totally dominate the middle of the park. Clearly we don't have a striker at the moment because AK could only manage a pathetic four in two games. What a fluke to win 4-1.
+1

bog

Quote from: Twig on January 03, 2018, 08:39:55 AM

:54:

MJG

Stay away from sharp objects today is my best advice.
Just the views of a long term fan

HamsterWheel

You can't really be objective if you ignore how McCarthy had set out to win the game. Stick 11 behind the ball and niggle us to win the odd free kick at which point he sends up the big lads to knock our defence all over the place and force the ball into the net. precisely the way that teams have success against us.
We can't do that ourselves with the team we have, so the only way to win is to keep attacking and outscore them. Which is what we did, aided by one of theirs getting sent off for a petulant shove.
4 goals in 8 minutes - was rather wonderful!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on January 03, 2018, 06:59:10 AM
Can we make second place? Don't want to put the mockers on it though.

A good point, with 20 matches to go still. I see no reason why we cannot target second place, and see where it gets us. It may sound far away, but stranger things have happened, we can only win our games, but you never know.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on January 02, 2018, 11:58:12 PM
Can't believe how we've stumbled to 4 points off the playoffs with quite a lot of dross above us! The standard in the Championship this season has really dipped. We are incredibly lucky to be in touch with the way we've played but frankly we have no excuse but to make the playoffs now.

I anticipate:

1. Wolves
2. Villa (v Derby?)
3. Derby
4. Fulham
5. Boro with old Pulis
6. Who knows

I reckon we have the capacity to catch up and overtake "Who knows". Then who knows how far up the table we can climb, I just hope we can get some decent business done this month to assist us in this quest.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

I can't respond to posts like this without getting into trouble, but I do hope that the powers that be can at least begin to understand my frustrations with things like this.

@jolslover

Interestingly -- Arguably best performance of season and Mcdonald not playing --- Coincidence?
STH H3

General

Quote from: howitis on January 02, 2018, 11:54:11 PM

It's not an objective post if you start with a subjective statement stating that Ipswich were the poorest team we've faced at the cottage... Slavisa himself thought it was the best game he's seen us play this season.. which considering at half time Ipswich were 1-0 up shows that objectively they can't have been the worst team we've faced this season... You can't approach an objective statement with a one sided statement.