watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (04/01/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 04, 2018, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham 4-1 Ipswich Town: Aboubakar Kamara is starting to flourish and other things we discovered

It was a fantastic seven minutes for Fulham on Tuesday - here's what reporter Ryan O'Donovan took from the game

Fulham turned on the style as they scored four goals in seven minutes against Ipswich Town on Tuesday night, with Aboubakar Kamara putting in one of his best performances.

The Whites went 1-0 down when Joe Garner got in front of Marcus Bettinelli to nod home the opener on the stroke of half time before Jordan Spence was sent off for an off-the-ball incident with Kamara.

The home side then rallied and produced some of the best football of their season, netting four goals in the space of seven minutes as Kamara and Ryan Sessegnon both scored braces to put Fulham within four points of the Play-off places.

Here's what we took from the victory.

Kamara is starting to flourish
It's taken a while, but Kamara is starting to grow into himself at Fulham, and his performance on Tuesday night proved it.

Yes, he is still rough round the edges and has a lot to learn, but he was a constant pain for the Ipswich centre halves, with his strength and pace causing problem after problem.

He got his rewards last night, as he did on Saturday against Hull, and manager and player alike will be delighted with the way he is performing at the moment.

Fulham are looking for a striker, but Kamara is peaking at the right time to remind Slavisa Jokanovic that whoever comes in will face a fight for a starting spot.

Fulham showed they can break down resilient defences
If there's one thing that Fulham have struggled to do this season, breaking down resilient defences at the Cottage is one of them.

Time and time again a team has come to SW6, soaked up pressure and gone away with points.

And when Ipswich went 1-0 up last night and stuck 11 men behind the ball, there was a worry around the place that it would be another of those nights.

Fulham were helped by the sending off, but those seven minutes were fantastic and it showed that the side are able to break down teams that want to put men behind the ball and allow the Cottagers to have possession.

It was a stark reminder of just how dangerous the club can be when they are all on the same page.

Defensive frailties raise their head again
As we've seen all season, Fulham aren't defensively sound and that once again showed last night.

The ball in from Martyn Waghorn was superb, but Garner was free with the Fulham marking going to sleep, while Bettinelli made an absolute hash of coming out to clear the ball.

It was the same story last season, and if we learnt anything from the win, it's that Fulham need to strengthen their defensive options.

For me, it's probably more important than a new striker - championships are won on defences and at the moment, Fulham's just isn't good enough.

The gap is down to four
Fulham have been hit and miss all season, but they've managed to close the gap to the Play-offs to just four points, while automatics are ten points ahead of the Cottagers.

It's been a fantastic festive period with the side taking 10 points from 12 and it presents an opportunity for Fulham to really take 2018 by the scruff of the neck and mount a charge for the play-off places.

If the recruitment is right over the next month, and Fulham continue to get results like last night, another appearance in the end of season showpiece is on the cards.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-4-1-ipswich-town-14106622

WhiteJC

Cairney salutes 'great second half' showing
by Dan on January 3, 2018

Tom Cairney felt Fulham delivered a fantastic response to going a goal down as they blew Ipswich away with four goals in seven second half minutes at Craven Cottage last night.

The Fulham captain said the Whites were disappointed to trail at half time to Joe Garner's header having thoroughly dominated the first half, but was pleased to see his side take a firm grip on the game after Jordan Spence was dismissed for a wild lunge at Aboubakar Kamara. Cairney told FulhamFCTV after the final whistle:

It was a great second half. I thought we were good in the first half as well, but it was the same old story, we couldn't go 1-0 up! We came in at half time and said we needed to start fast again, score an early goal if we can and we had a great ten minutes.

The Scottish international was full of praise for Aboubakar Kamara, who added another double to his brace that grabbed a point at Hull on Saturday to take him to six goals for the season:

Abou at the weekend came on and changed the game. He gave us a threat in behind – I'm delighted for him really. He's improved. Every week in training he's got better and better and better as he's gone on and I'm delighted for him.

Cairney was modest about his sensational bit of skill that set up Ryan Sessegnon's second goal to put clear water between the sides. The Fulham playmaker darted between two defenders and sent a low cross right across the goalline with virtually no room to work in and said he was playing on instinct as he weaved a path between the Ipswich centre halves on the byline:

I don't know why I did that. Everyone goes mad at me for not shooting enough. You kind of get in the zone a little bit in the box. I've just seen a few bodies and tried to weave my way through it and then I've seen a white shirt out the corner of my eye, I didn't know it was Sess – left backs aren't meant to be that far forward but he doesn't seem to go by the book – and there he was for a tap in.

Cairney also confirmed that, despite a little more pain due to the intensity of the festive fixture programme, he was back to full match sharpness having seen his season badly affected by the troublesome knee injury that he picked up during Fulham's pre-season preparations.

I feel good. I think that's eight or nine games in a row and we've got six wins. To be fair this Christmas period's been hard, it's a little bit more sore than it was previously, but I'll just get a bit of rest and then go again.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/cairney-salutes-great-second-half-showing/

WhiteJC

Fulham 4-1 Ipswich Town: Player ratings

Marks out of ten for the Fulham side after they plundered four goals in seven second half minutes to secure a vital victory over Ipswich Town at Craven Cottage last night ...

Marcus Bettinelli: The Fulham keeper didn't have much to do, but flapped at Martyn Waghorn's free-kick that Joe Garner headed in to give Ipswich a shock lead against the run of play. Got clattered by the striker for good measure and received several minutes of treatment before carrying on – and was largely untroubled after Jordan Spence's red card turned the tide of the game. 6

Ryan Fredericks: Another feisty display from the flying full-back. Fulham almost look like a completely different side when he's in full flow down the right flank. Started with a low cross in the opening minute that flashed across the face of goal. Pushed forward down the wing throughout giving the Ipswich defence another man to track and that contributed to the amount of space that appeared for the likes of Neeskens Kebano and Aboubakar Kamara to exploit so effectively. 7

Ryan Sessegnon: Here was a game that showed just what an attacking threat the teenager can be from left back. Surged into the box from deep positions and posed all sorts of problems for Mick McCarthy's defence as the midfielders didn't know whether to pick him up or track back alongside him. His instincts in the final third are second to none and after sending in a succession of low crosses, found himself at the far post to profit from Kebano's miscue in front of goal. Stole in at the back stick unnoticed to prod home after some world class skill by Tom Cairney to give the Whites a two goal lead they never look like relinquishing. 9

Denis Odoi: Something of a surprise selection at centre back as Jokanovic dropped Tomas Kalas to the bench, especially after that red card at Brentford. Odoi might have had a difficult night against the physicality of Waghorn and Garner, but he won header after header in the air and carried the ball forward impressively, befitting his confidence at full back. If Jokanovic is looking for reinforcements at centre half in the transfer window, there was a timely reminder of what the versatile Odoi can provide. 7

Tim Ream: Calmness personified at the back again, Ream was resolute in the face of the Ipswich raids forward that increased as Fulham failed to get their noses in front during the first half. He produced a number of superbly judged tackles to win possession back for his team and his reading of proceedings remains first class. Comfortable on the ball and someone who really looks like he is enjoying his football at the moment. 7

Ollie Norwood: Reintroduced into the holding role in central midfield after Jokanovic left out Kevin McDonald. Almost gifted Ipswich a goal with a terrible ball across his own box that played Odoi into all sorts of trouble, but recovered well to distribute the ball effectively and get Fulham's midfield firing early in the second half. Showed his defensive attributes by breaking up a number of Ipswich attacks as well. 7

Stefan Johansen: Until half time, this was another iffy performance from the Norwegian midfielder, who couldn't get his usual range of passing going and criminally gave away the needless free-kick from which Ipswich opened the scoring with a ridiculous push. It was totally different in the second half as Johansen demanded the ball and forced Fulham to play deep in Ipswich territory with a combination of driving runs and forward passes. By the end, he was in his element.  7

Tom Cairney: The Fulham captain looks like he's getting back to his best with a peerless performance that brought to mind some of his outstanding displays of last season. So much more effective when he gets involved in the final third of the pitch rather than starting attacks from deep positions, as he was doing during the first period. Orchestrated Fulham's dominance in those devastating seven second half minutes superbly and produced an outrageous moment of magic to dribble between two defenders and produce a cross where they appeared to be no for gaps for Fulham's third goal. 8

Sheyi Ojo: Toiled hard on the wing, but couldn't produce the sort of powerful performances with which he ended 2017. It wasn't for the want of trying and he came close with two individual efforts in the first half, lifting one shot over the bar and then placing another just wide of the far post after cutting inside impressively. Struggled to break down a disciplined Ipswich defence before being replaced on 65 minutes by Lucas Piazon. 6

Floyd Ayite: An immensely frustrating evening for the Togolese international who flattered to deceive in his more natural left wing position before limping off what looked like a recurrence of his hamstring problems. 6

Aboubakar Kamara: The hulking forward is beginning to pour scorn on all those doubters who mocked his suitability for the Championship when he arrived in August. Full of confidence following his critical double at Hull on Saturday and started dangerously here, narrowly failing to get on the end of a couple of low crosses in the first half. His goals were beautifully poached – in a manner that Fulham have been missing all season – but Kamara should also get credit for the delicious cross that created the equaliser. He showed great composure to put the Whites 2-1 up from close range and his second was all about confidence, cutting in from the right and taking an early shot. For all the brickbats he's put up with, he deserved the wicked deflection that totally deceived Bartosz Bialkowski. 9

Substitutes:

Neeskens Kebano (on for Floyd Ayite, 34): Kebano might have considered himself unfortunate to only be a substitute once again after his part in the turnaround at Hull on Saturday, but seized his chance impressively when Ayite came off injured in the first half. Made a really presentable opportunity before the break that Kamara couldn't turn home and should have equalised from the French striker's cross in the second half, although Sessegnon was able to take advantage of his miscue. Lively throughout and had a prominent part to play in the build up to the second and fourth goals. 8

Lucas Piazon (on for Sheyi Ojo, 65): The Brazilian's first contribution was to be booked for simulation when he seemed to be tripped in the box. It was surely no coincidence that the much-missed forward's arrival soon brought that goal glut as he looked to take up dangerous positions in the final third and his industrious running presented a different problem for the Ipswich defence. Could be ready for a start against Southampton on Saturday after stepping up his recovery with more first-team minutes. 7

Rafa Soares (on for Ryan Sessegnon, 88): Just the briefest of appearances for the Portuguese full back, who has struggled to make an impression since those two cameos in the defeats by Bristol City and Wolves. Seemed strangely reluctant to attack the Ipswich defence when he had the ball, but it was good to see him back in senior action. 6

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/fulham-4-1-ipswich-town-player-ratings/

WhiteJC

Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon felt he had to return to Fulham after missing out on promotion last season

The loanee also revealed that he is no longer scared about playing with his leg after his leg break at Leeds in August

Lucas Piazon felt he had to return to Fulham after last season and has revealed he's no longer scared about his leg after his leg break at the start of the season .

The Brazilian spent last season on loan at the club and returned for a second spell in July, but broke his leg in the 0-0 draw at Leeds on August 15 - something that saw him spend the next four months watching from the sidelines.

That has become an all too familiar feeling for the 23-year-old, who also suffered a broken jaw in February in a 2-2 draw with Cardiff which ruled him out until April.

But Piazon has now played a part in the previous three games as he gets up to full match fitness and could be in line for his first start since returning from injury in the FA Cup tie against Southampton on Saturday.

And the Chelsea loanee believes he had unfinished business and is now looking forward to starting his season after a frustrating few months.

He said: "I felt good to be honest, in the last game against Hull it felt good and today it felt strong and feels like I'm not too scared any more and that I can go out there and put my leg in and I know it will be 100%.

"I broke my jaw in February and then broke my leg in August so it was very frustrating but it's a new year now, my leg feels good, I feel good so hopefully I can finish the season strong.

"It was hard to watch, this period is so long and it was tough to watch. I was always here supporting them but to be back out there helping them is much better so I hope we get this going and getting more wins and get things going.

"The year we had we pushed into the play offs and had a good chance to go up, but we failed, so after this I felt like I had to come back and try again.

"I had three games before the injury, so the new year is the beginning of the season for me now so I have to make the most of it."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-loanee-lucas-piazon-felt-14107229

WhiteJC

Piazon raring to go after injury hell

Lucas Piazon says he feels no ill effects from his broken leg after stepping up his Fulham comeback with another substitute appearance during last night's win over Ipswich tonight.

The Brazilian forward played 25 minutes as the Whites came from behind to beat Mick McCarthy's men 4-1 at Craven Cottage and Piazon is hoping that the new year brings with it an injury-free period after spending four months on the sidelines following his horrific injury at Leeds earlier this season.

The on-loan attacker told Get West London's Ryan O'Donovan after the final whistle:

I felt good to be honest, in the last game against Hull it felt good and today it felt strong and feels like I'm not too scared any more and that I can go out there and put my leg in and I know it will be 100%.

I broke my jaw in February and then broke my leg in August so it was very frustrating but it's a new year now, my leg feels good, I feel good so hopefully I can finish the season strong.

It was hard to watch, this period is so long and it was tough to watch. I was always here supporting them but to be back out there helping them is much better so I hope we get this going and getting more wins and get things going.

Piazon also revealed that he felt duty-bound to return from Fulham after their heartwrenching failure in the play-off semi final against former club Reading last May. He signed for a second season-long loan from Chelsea in the summer:

The year we had we pushed into the play offs and had a good chance to go up, but we failed, so after this I felt like I had to come back and try again. I had three games before the injury, so the new year is the beginning of the season for me now so I have to make the most of it.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/piazon-raring-to-go-after-injury-hell/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss discusses future of Spurs and Man United target – will he leave in January?

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has reiterated the club do not intend to sell Ryan Sessegnon in January.

The 17-year-old, who is reportedly wanted by Tottenham and Manchester United, scored twice in Fulham's 4-1 win over Ipswich on Tuesday night.

After the game, Jokanovic was asked to clarify his stance on Sessegnon's future.

"Yes, Sessegnon is probably the most talented player in this country and this age. His natural physical preparation is amazing and he doesn't have problems for arriving in the box from a far position and at the end," said the Fulham boss. (Quotes via Football.London.)

"We have opportunity to observe the beginning of one brilliant football career because, for myself, it will be very strange if this player doesn't play in the English national team.

"I don't know if this interesting thing about this player, I can help so much but this kid and the people around him are clever enough, after 50 odd games, he's in a very good situation and we are going to see what people around him and what Fulham will decide.

"Between us, I don't have any information that we want to sell him and for another side I don't want to sell him, I have no intention.

"What I try explain, it's not in my decision, Fulham don't want to sell him, he doesn't say any words and at the end I'm thinking of him in the future for the season what is ahead of us, and for next season too."

Depending on the extent of Danny Rose's latest injury, Spurs could be forced into the market this month. Sessegnon would be ideal, but Fulham will surely hold out for a huge fee.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2018/01/03/fulham-boss-discusses-future-of-spurs-and-man-united-target-will-he-leave-in-january/

WhiteJC

Inside Track: Fulham

Fulham reporter for Get West London, Ryan O'Donovan, gives us the lowdown on Southampton's FA Cup third-round opponents...

What has the season been like for Fulham so far?

It's been an up and down season. Expectations were high in pre-season after the previous campaign and the season hasn't gone the way many expected. Fulham haven't really hit the heights they were at last year, and a period of six games without a win in October and November was a worrying sign. However, they're unbeaten in their last four games and are only four points off the play-offs, so things are looking up for the side.

How do you expect them to approach the FA Cup?

I think Slaviša Jokanović will take the FA Cup quite seriously. Last season they reached the fifth round before being knocked out by Tottenham, and they fielded fairly strong teams in all their games. I think the head coach will rotate and give players who haven't been playing regularly a chance, especially after the festive period, but Jokanović will want a good run in the cup this year too.

What sort of an approach/style of play can Southampton fans expect to see from Fulham?

Fulham like to get on the ball and try to dominate play, so expect the home side to look to have a lot of possession and patiently work their way into the Southampton box. Jokanović's side like to play out from the back too, so if Southampton can press them high up the pitch the home side might be in trouble.

Who have been the team's top performers this season?

Kevin McDonald has been the side's best performer this season, he is a consistent performer in the Fulham midfielder and is one of the best in the Championship at playing the anchor role. Tom Cairney has also added another gear to the Fulham machine after coming back from injury, with most attacks coming through the Cottagers' metronome in the heart of midfield.

Is there anyone else you think will be key for them/who Southampton should watch out for this Saturday?

The obvious name is Ryan Sessegnon – watching someone with as much talent as the 17-year-old has week-in, week-out is a joy and he's been in fine form this season, although he may be rested having played 28 games this campaign. Striker Aboubakar Kamara, known as AK47 to the home fans, has also found a purple patch and has scored four goals in the past two games.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-01-03/inside-track-fulham-southampton-fa-cup-1718

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic says he enjoys the festive period - despite Man City boss Pep Guardiola's concerns

Pep Guardiola thinks the festive fixtures are 'killing players' but the Fulham head coach admits he'll miss then when he's eventually gone

Slavisa Jokanovic has said he will miss the busy festive fixture list in England when he eventually leaves the country, despite Man City boss Pep Guardiola slating the fixtures on Tuesday night.

Fulham have played seven games since the start of December, including a trip to Cardiff and Hull within the space of four days, while City played ten, including two cup games in the Champions League and Carabao Cup.

Guardiola, who enjoyed winter breaks with both Barcelona and Bayern Munich, said after his side's 3-1 win over Watford that the schedule is "going to kill the players" and that it is impossible to recover after 48hours.

"We're going to kill the players," he said after the Watford game. "They play 11 months in a row. They have to protect them and play with quality and not quality. We have to think about the artists.

"I know it is not going to change but for what? Life would survive without playing every two days. Nothing would happen."

"I am not saying you have to change the amazing thing that you play on Boxing Day and the people can watch at home all around the world - but you cannot play a tough game at midday at Selhurst Park, come back, the people can celebrate New Year's Eve and then play two days later.

"The people who understand about that, they say it is impossible to recover 48 hours after a game. That is not basketball or tennis where you can play every day or every two days - here the players need recovery.

"I think this is not going to happen because tradition is tradition but just think about it a little for the players please - they are artists, the reason why all together we are here."

But the Fulham boss has a different feeling on the Christmas period having enjoyed the festivities for five years in England - insisting he will miss the busy fixture list when he eventually leaves England.

Jokanovic said: "I am not thinking about the long journeys - here it's normal.

"This is my fifth Christmas in this country, I'm always playing football or coaching, I'm happy because we play in this period, sometimes you need rest, sometimes you need time with family, but when I go outside of this place I'm going to miss this busy and tough fixtures in England."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-says-enjoys-festive-14107422

WhiteJC

Road Closure

Fans are advised that there will be water utilities works taking place between 5-27th January 2018 in the area, and the southbound lane of Fulham Palace Road at the junction with Talgarth Road will be closed.

This will inevitably cause some major disruption due to the increased traffic in the surrounding area, and supporters attending the matches against Southampton (6 January) and Burton Albion (20 January) are advised to allow plenty of time for their journey and to check travel updates.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/january/03/road-closure

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon: What Fulham's manager and players say about wonderkid wanted by Manchester United and Tottenham

Ryan Sessegnon continued his stunning start to life as a professional footballer on Tuesday night as he netted twice in Fulham's 4-1 win over Ipswich Town.

The 17-year-old sensation already has seven goals and four assists this campaign, compared to the five goals and three assists he contributed last term as he broke into the first-team.

And it's unsurprising both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are extremely keen on snapping up the incredible talent this January, who can play anywhere on the left flank.

But what do those who know Sessegnon best say about him? talkSPORT profiles the in-demand youngster and takes a look at what his manager and his team-mates have said about him in recent months...

Name: Ryan Sessegnon
Date of birth: 18/05/2000 (age 17)
Nationality: English
Position: Left-back/Left-wing
Height:  5 ft 10 inches
Club: Fulham
International recognition: England Under-19s

What do Sessegnon's team-mates and manager say about him?

"Sessegnon is probably the most talented player in this country and [at] this age, his natural physical preparation is amazing.

"We have [the] opportunity to observe the beginning of one brilliant football career because, for myself, it will be very strange if this player doesn't play in the English national team.

"We believe he's going to be an important player in this country and in the future for the English national team." – Fulham manager Slaviska Jokanovic

"It's 99% certain he will be one of the top left-backs in the world." - Fulham midfielder Stefan Johansen

"One hundred per cent [he can play in the Premier League]. He's a great talent. He just turned 17 and he played more than half of the games this season, he scored a lot of goals.

"He has a very bright future. I'm just surprised he didn't get any offers during the season. I think he was that good." – Fulham defender Ragnar Sigurdsson (June, 2017)

"Ryan Sessegnon is going to be the future of English football – he is that good.

"Is he the best young player I've ever seen? Put it this way, I have worked with many, many young players, but he is the most talented for his age.

"At Paris Saint-Germain, I used to play with Adrien Rabiot when he was 17 or 18 and just breaking into the first team." – Fulham star Neeskens Kebano

https://talksport.com/football/ryan-sessegnon-what-fulhams-manager-and-players-say-about-wonderkid-wanted-manchester

WhiteJC

U19s at Sparkasse & VGH Cup

Fulham's Under-19s have travelled to Germany to take part in the Sparkasse & VGH Cup in Göttingen.

It's a five-a-side indoor football tournament, and it is the eighth time the Young Whites have flown over to take part.

The tournament is over four days and starts with the preliminary rounds. The competition moves onto qualifiers, and from that onto the quarter-finals onthe final day.

In Fulham's group are JFV West, JFV Eichsfeld, JSG Auetal-Altes Amt, JSG Uslar/Solling, Hertha BSC, Eintr. Braunschweig.

In later rounds Fulham could come up against teams in different groups, also including last year's winners Manchester United.

Other teams include Austria Wien, FC Kopenhagen, FC Brugge, FSV Mainz 05, Eintracht Frankfurt, FC Shalke 04, Hamburger SV, Hannover 96, Hertha BSC and Eintracht Braunschweig.

Each match is 13 minutes long; cards result in two-minute sin bins. From the quarter final stages the matches go to penalties if drawn.

Fulham's squad for this year's competition is:

L. Ashby-Hammond, Schwarzer, Spence, Felix, Hilton, Mundle-Smith, Garrido, Kelly, Francois, York, Harris, Santos-Clase, Martin and De Havilland.

All matches will be live streamed for free on fulhamfctv, and here is the group schedule (All times in GMT):

Thursday 4th January: 7pm v JFV West, 8pm v JFV Eichsfeld.

Friday 5th January: 4.15pm v JSG Auetal-Altes Amt, 5.45pm v JSG Uslar/Solling

Saturday 6th January: 2pm v Hertha BSC, 4.45pm v Eintr. Braunschweig.

Sunday 7th January:  TBC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/january/03/u19s-sparkasse-and-vgh-cup

WhiteJC

Kamara feels confidence flowing

Aboubakar Kamara says his confidence is growing after scoring four times in his last two Fulham appearances to boost the Whites' hopes of making another push for promotion from the Championship.

The French forward added a double during last night's 4-1 win over Ipswich to his brace that helped Fulham fightback for a point at Hull on Saturday. The striker, who has now six goals since swapping Amiens for London in the summer, told the club's official website that his recent purple patch in front of goal has inspired him to set high personal targets for the rest of the season.

If I can try to get at least one goal each game that would be a good ratio and a good platform to build from. It's always good to get on the scoresheet, for me, my family, the team and supporters. It's important to carry on in a positive way, we can't stop, there are a lot of matches left and a chance to keep climbing the table.

Kamara admitted to being disappointed by not being able to break the deadlock during a first half that Fulham dominated at Craven Cottage last year – something only compounded when Joe Garner headed Ipswich in front just before half time.

I was a little bit frustrated to begin with seeing as I nearly scored and when I missed my first chance this stressed me a little, however in the second half we rallied and we attacked well which was rewarded in the end. I had the chance to score a hat-trick but it wasn't to be this time, hopefully next time.

Confidence is hard to come by, but this is achieved by doing the right things in training. You know that one day all the hard work will finally pay off, and this is how we must continue. There is a lot of confidence in the team, my teammates are always encouraging me, even when I missed the chance in the first half they were spurring me on and this is good both for me personally and the team as a whole.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/kamara-feels-confidence-flowing/

WhiteJC

A Rough Guide To Fulham

A treat for those that like going to traditional football grounds, two sides of the ground date back many years albeit seats have now been put onto what was terracing with the Stevenage Road stand now named after Fulham legend Johnny Haynes dating back to 1905, a rare treat to see a football ground with a stand as iconic as this these days.

Getting There

Train

The easiest and by far the quickest way is to change at Clapham Junction and take a train to Putney, from there it is a short walk over Putney Bridge from where you can see Craven Cottage nestling on the banks of the Thames.

For those that prefer to go into Central London you need to pick up a westbound district line tube going to Wimbledon and alight at Putney Bridge.

It should be noted that with a replacement bus service from Southampton to Eastleigh in operation that journey times are extended by about 30 -40 minutes on the train.

Car

There are a couple of options, perhaps the most direct is to follow the M3 as it then becomes the A316 after passing through Richmond follow directions for the A205 (South Circular) eastbound to Putney. Putney is just across the river from Craven Cottage about a ten minute walk. but will probably offer the best options for parking.

Parking

Parking around Craven Cottage is extremely limited with 1 hour parking meters being the only options, which are obviously no good for those wanting to spend longer than that watching the game.

Perhaps the best option would be to park over the river in Putney where there are many options including street parking, the farther you go away from the Bridge the cheaper and easier is the rule. and its obviously well situated to head back to the M3 aftrwards.

The Ground

Saints fans are situated in the Putney End, a stand built just over a decade ago it holds 6,000 in total divided into roughly half being allocated to visiting supporters with the other half usually being a neutral zone which often sees away supporters in that section as well. Strangely for a stand built fairly recently it does have some supporting pillars that obstruct the view but only in the rear section.

Saints have sold over 4,000 tickets for this game and probably a few have bought tickets in the neutral section.

Beer and the usual food stuff is available, but although the kiosks are covered from the rain etc they are open being just under the stand at the back so are cold in winter and for those that havent noticed it is winter out there.

If you do like a beer in the ground etc then a good tip is go to the kiosk in the left hand corner and then you can enjoy a fine view of the Thames as it goes past the ground.

Pubs Eating Etc

The Eight Bells on Fulham High Street next to Putney Bridge is a popular pub with away fans but tends to get extremly busy, nearby there is also the Temperance Bar and the Golden Lion as well as The Kings Arms, again these are likely to be packed with Saints supporters.

If you have parked over in Putney or got the train to there, then that might offer the best chance for a pre match drink given the few options near the ground will probably be busy, there are a number of pubs near Putney Station.

Fulham

Craven Cottage

Capacity: 25,678 (all seated)
Address: Stevenage Road, London, SW6 6HH
Main Telephone No: 0843 208 1222
Fax No: 0207 384 4715
Ticket Office: 0843 208 1234
Ticket Office Fax No: 0207 384 4810
Team Nickname: The Cottagers or The Whites
Ground Opened: 1896

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/47225/

WhiteJC

Fulham captain Tom Cairney feels like the club turned a massive corner last season

The club had failed to get to grips with the Championship after their relegation, but the skipper feels Fulham turned a corner last year

Tom Cairney feels like Fulham turned a massive corner as a club last season after they finished sixth in the Championship - their highest since being relegated in 2014.

The Cottagers had struggled to get to grips with the second tier of English football after relegation from the Premier League, finishing 17th and 20th in their first two seasons in the Championship.

But last season something changed, and Fulham finished sixth, qualifying for the Play-offs while at the same time scoring the most goals in the entire division - something that coincided with the 26-year-old's best season to date.

Despite the 2016/17 season ending in heartbreak at Reading, the skipper believes they turned the club "the right way up".

Cairney told the official matchday programme: "I feel like we turned the Club around last year. We turned it upside down, or should I say the right side up.

"We turned a massive corner and the fans and players were together as one for the first time in a while.

"The football the manager got us playing was the most attractive in the Championship in the second half of last season and I was also playing well and really enjoying my football.

"The low, 100 per cent, is losing the Play-off semi final to Reading - I've never felt worse on a football pitch."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-captain-tom-cairney-feels-14109335

WhiteJC

Saints not planning Sessegnon swoop

Southampton are not seeking to add Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon to their squad during the January transfer window, according to a West London Sport report this evening.

A Daily Telegraph report last week claimed that the Saints were keen on reinvesting some of the £75m fee Liverpool paid for defender Virgil van Dijk into recruiting the England youth international, with Matt Targett rumoured to be offered as a makeweight in the deal. But Southampton, who travel to Craven Cottage for their FA Cup third round die on Saturday, have apparently distanced themselves from suggestions that they were preparing an offer for Sessegnon.

The Fulham academy graduate, who scored twice as the Whites mounted a fierce second half fightback to overwhelm Ipswich 4-1 at home last night, has a wide array of suitors right across Europe, with Manchester United and Tottenham regularly linked with big-money offers for one of the domestic game's hottest talents. But Sessegnon, who signed his first professional contract with Fulham in the summer despite several lucrative offers from other clubs, has recently spoken of his commitment to the Championship side and Fulham would demand big money for their prized asset.

The 17 year-old has quickly established himself as one of the first names on Slavisa Jokanovic's team sheet and has now scored 14 goals in 58 appearances for Fulham, including an incredible hat-trick at Sheffield United in November.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/saints-not-planning-sessegnon-swoop/

filham

Look at the first photo in this thread, what game is the Ipswich defender playing, did we get a penalty for this incident.

Bill2

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2018, 11:40:29 AM
Look at the first photo in this thread, what game is the Ipswich defender playing, did we get a penalty for this incident.
I think for us to get a penalty the opposition have to get a gun out and shoot one of our players, so the answer to your question is no. 

Jims Dentist

I wish this was just another bad dream, but:
With everything they've done in the past, is there any limit to the levels of stupidity that the Khan's and The Mac might inflict on us in January.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 04, 2018, 07:56:47 PM
I wish this was just another bad dream, but:
With everything they've done in the past, is there any limit to the levels of stupidity that the Khan's and The Mac might inflict on us in January.

There is no limit, they are a boil under the armpit of the club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2018, 11:40:29 AM
Strictly Come Dancing by the looks.  Pigeon toes pointing east and west.  Hands in completely the wrong position.  Fortunately his professional dance partner knows what he is doing.