News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton, is this a game that Jokanovic can't win ?

Started by Riversider, January 05, 2018, 03:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

At the press conference yesterday, Jokanovic revealed that he doesn't think our squad is good enough and that we need new players (I agree to an extent)
We also learnt from Jokanovic that the people above him think our squad is good enough and that we have underperformed in the first half of the season (I agree to an extent)
So tomorrow then we play Premier League Southampton, in the FA Cup, a game that I will be at, but I'm going tomorrow with some trepidation,  and here's why,
If we were to beat Southampton tomorrow it kinda makes Jokanovic's argument look a bit silly doesn't it ?whereas if a struggling Saints side put 5 or 6 past us then it only strengthens Jokanovic's hand,
Anything could happen tomorrow with fireworks both on and off the pitch, with all the hacks from the red tops in attendance for the post match press conference, and you can bet your bottom dollar that there's only one thing that they want to talk to Slavisa about.
So an interesting day lies ahead and I for one have no idea how it's going to pan out.
COYSW

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on January 05, 2018, 03:36:01 PM
At the press conference yesterday, Jokanovic revealed that he doesn't think our squad is good enough and that we need new players (I agree to an extent)
We also learnt from Jokanovic that the people above him think our squad is good enough and that we have underperformed in the first half of the season (I agree to an extent)
So tomorrow then we play Premier League Southampton, in the FA Cup, a game that I will be at, but I'm going tomorrow with some trepidation,  and here's why,
If we were to beat Southampton tomorrow it kinda makes Jokanovic's argument look a bit silly doesn't it ?whereas if a struggling Saints side put 5 or 6 past us then it only strengthens Jokanovic's hand,
Anything could happen tomorrow with fireworks both on and off the pitch, with all the hacks from the red tops in attendance for the post match press conference, and you can bet your bottom dollar that there's only one thing that they want to talk to Slavisa about.
So an interesting day lies ahead and I for one have no idea how it's going to pan out.
COYSW
An interesting analysis, and the more the relationship between Jok and the amateurs who run the club gets revealed, and the more I realise the lack of professional support he gets.
Only convinces me we will never get promoted under the Khans regime, and we could end up losing Jok one way or another, and our prize players, then where would we be, floating around the bottom half of the Championship for the next decade.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Our Coach has a job to do and after our recent form must feel we can put in a good account of ourselves. The result and performance doesn't really make his POV about the squad true or false. Anybody can see we need a few improvements. No team in the land doesn't However the club may argue that the squad cannot be improved enough to guarantee a play off place at least, so they will keep their hands in their pockets until the Summer.

But the performance tomorrow should show how the players feel and how much they want success. As for Joka? He has won already. My club don't support me, my players aren't good enough, if I make a success of it shows what a great coach I am.........There is more than one way to look at this.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

VancouverWhite

It feels like the original story was sensationalized. 

They made it sound like SJ kicked the door and stormed out when that seems highly unlikely. 

I'm interested to find out first hand from the journalist that wrote the piece. I bet his response would be "Well, to ME it felt like he was furious and stormed off." 

Just my 2 devalued Canadian cents.

S.F.Sorrow

Even if we beat Southampton 4-0 with our current starting 11 I will personally still think our SQUAD isn't strong enough for promotion. I totally agree with Joka on this. A couple of injuries and we can easily be back to our October form. There's a HUGE difference between the quality of our strongest 11 and the quality of our squad. Very little depth in some positions (like CB). We need reinforcements in the January window whether we win or lose against Southampton.

JackHFFC1990

Is our squad good enough for a top 6 finish? Yes I think so. A reasonable chance anyway. Is it good enough to be promoted when in the Play offs? No I don't think so. Very similar to last season our lack of investment in January will again be costly

The Rock

One interview changes nothing. They all get paid to produce. I actually think we can bat any PL outside of the Top 6, and SH on their current form are there for the taking.

toshes mate

One of the best OPs I have read this year with a lot of clean punches landed.

My own view is that SJ's prime task is promotion and the FA Cup is a bonus earner for TV coverage and gate money for those lucky enough to draw clubs who will bring revenue to them.  His task tomorrow is about putting a team together who have a chance and can get past PL opposition on the day.  If he succeeds it goes on his resume; if he doesn't then it'll be forgotten pretty quickly as Championship matters take over.

However the following match, against the media, may demonstrate that side of Jokanovic that isn't to be messed with.

hovewhite

If slavs was really sick of his working environment I believe he would be off,playing politics with Khan jr I think.