https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Oh Well"My Wembley Dream Over Again.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 06, 2018, 05:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

bog

grandad

At least I have seen them there in my lifetime. Not many can say that.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on January 06, 2018, 05:05:26 PM
At least I have seen them there in my lifetime. Not many can say that.
We won't see them there again though, not in the FA Cup anyway.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

:plus one:

Note to Owner: GIVE HIM THE SQUAD HE WANTS- OLD SODS ARMY RUNNING OUT OF TIME

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

f321ffc

In the 1975 season I went to all home and away league games and all  games home and away in our Record breaking FA cup run, our record of most games to get to an FA cup final can not now be broken as now penaltys  decide the tie after a replay.
Back in those days FA cup ties were a special game, now they are seen as an inconvenience to most clubs.
An FA cup run would be nice but I unfortunately I can't see it happening again in my life time. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Wingnut

Yep and I'm not surprised. Doubt that we'll pay much attention to the FA Cup until we gain promotion back to the PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Mince n Tatties

What gets my back up is when people come out with "its not a bad thing we can concentrate on the league".
Utter nonsense, with the luck of the draw you only have to win 4 games and it's a Wembley semi.
If you saw Man City today,their players celebrating when they turned it round,because they want to win all four trophies they are involved in..
I'm sick of hearing people belittle the most famous Cup Competition in the World....Rant over I'm Cheesed off😭😭😭

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 06, 2018, 05:31:40 PM
What gets my back up is when people come out with "its not a bad thing we can concentrate on the league".
Utter nonsense, with the luck of the draw you only have to win 4 games and it's a Wembley semi.
If you saw Man City today,their players celebrating when they turned it round,because they want to win all four trophies they are involved in..
I'm sick of hearing people belittle the most famous Cup Competition in the World....Rant over I'm Cheesed off😭😭😭

Agreed 100%. Here is the cheese. 🧀
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 05:47:42 PM

Funny looking cheese.🐹

Robbie

A perfect result for us. What is the point in burning through our squad to go out in the quarters, at best.

I am convinced that last season we were a spent force by the time we got to the play offs as we lingered in the cup competitions for too long.

ron

Ah well, forget the league as well, and our squad will be as fresh as daisies come May.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Robbie on January 06, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
A perfect result for us. What is the point in burning through our squad to go out in the quarters, at best.

I am convinced that last season we were a spent force by the time we got to the play offs as we lingered in the cup competitions for too long.

Utter nonsense.
What's the point in going in for if then..😵

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: f321ffc on January 06, 2018, 05:19:03 PM
In the 1975 season I went to all home and away league games and all  games home and away in our Record breaking FA cup run, our record of most games to get to an FA cup final can not now be broken as now penaltys  decide the tie after a replay.
Back in those days FA cup ties were a special game, now they are seen as an inconvenience to most clubs.
An FA cup run would be nice but I unfortunately I can't see it happening again in my life time. 092.gif

Likewise and can confirm that FA Cup Finals aren't all they are made out to be. Now Goodison Park, Brunton Park and Hillsborough, they were something special.

The Swan

We could still get to Wembley if we get to the play off final this season.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 06, 2018, 06:03:50 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 05:47:42 PM

Funny looking cheese.🐹

It was what Felix left behind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 06, 2018, 05:10:39 PM
  :plus one:

Note to Owner: GIVE HIM THE SQUAD HE WANTS- OLD SODS ARMY RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Lol! Very true Fernhurst and of some concern! Don't panic! We are all doomed....

092.gif

SG

I was fortunate to be there in 75 but have not been to the new Wembley. Have said I will only go if Fulham get there! Could be a long wait.
Good job Roy didn't take the view that there is little point taking part as we don't have a chance against the top teams

colinwhite

Never quite got over that game in75, it was great to be at Wembly . Never been able to watch it again.