watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, January 06, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I don't care who it is, nobody can claim that we are well equipped in the striker dept. The game itself was a bit of a damp squid. We were not quite at the races but Saints were not much better. Except for their goal, neither keeper was really tested. Finally,both Fred and Olly,bell that was the worse that I have seen them play.

Andy S

Yes it was but nobody expected a win any way

Bill2

Agree about olly, couldn't pass to a Fulham player in the changing room, but he was not alone in that.

domprague

No one seemed to have the confidence to take a shot.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

jarv

agree. Saw it on tv here and Fulham never really got off the bus. Disappointing.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Peabody on January 06, 2018, 06:47:29 PM
I don't care who it is, nobody can claim that we are well equipped in the striker dept. The game itself was a bit of a damp squid. We were not quite at the races but Saints were not much better. Except for their goal, neither keeper was really tested. Finally,both Fred and Olly,bell that was the worse that I have seen them play.
Mr Peabody......I don't want to be 'that person', God knows its New Year still, but 'damp SQUID'! Really? My New Years Resolution was to 'let it go' but I realise I cannot! Sorry and all that!
SQUIB!
OK, I will go now 😉
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SP

Should highlight how good the ref was today, makes a pleasant change having a decent PL ref.

Riversider

But our one and only striker didn't come on until the 75th minute !

hovewhite

When I saw the team selection new we would lose.
Enough said.

jeremyfulham

Lol Aren't Squid ALWAY'S damp ? !!!!

HV71

Our display obviously lacked mussel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: jeremyfulham on January 06, 2018, 11:38:33 PM
Lol Aren't Squid ALWAY'S damp ? !!!!

The six squid in my wallet aren't.

Just realized how old that 'joke' is
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Nightwind15

I have to disagree about how the lads played today.  Granted there was no quality at striker but the remainder of the squad played with more quality than the Fulham teams five years ago....sorry I was drinking.   
I played in the first match I ever saw!

HV71

I believe that I agree where you are coming from regarding the performance today ( yesterday to be exact- time plays funny tricks ) Talking of time  - are you the Doctor? How can you travel forward in time and see how we will perform in the future? I want hope for FFC - but in 5 years it sounds like we may be doomed ! Who is the manager in 2023 ? Please God not Warnock or Big Sam aghhhh!!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: General on January 07, 2018, 02:44:12 AM
https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59179-Fulham-0-Saints-1-Post-Match#.WlGHnnnLjIU

even saints fans thought our up front was useless...

A lot of them wouldn't have been disappointed if we had gone through to next round.

Peabody

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 06, 2018, 08:40:28 PM
Mr Peabody......I don't want to be 'that person', God knows its New Year still, but 'damp SQUID'! Really? My New Years Resolution was to 'let it go' but I realise I cannot! Sorry and all that!
SQUIB!
OK, I will go now 😉

No need to apologise, I did type squib but spell checker took over and I never checked when I posted

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Peabody on January 07, 2018, 10:31:55 AM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 06, 2018, 08:40:28 PM
SQUIB!
OK, I will go now 😉

No need to apologise, I did type squib but spell checker took over and I never checked when I posted

Mind you, if this is my biggest frustration this week, I'm in for a good week!
Now, where are these new signings???  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham Joe

Six squid? I can't have that either.
I always thought the joke revolved around a bloke saying "Here's that sick squid I owe you"

filham

I had to miss the game but the result suggests means that perhaps it was a good one to miss. I am never happy coming away from the Cottage without seeing a Fulham goal.

However we must now concentrate on the Boro match, it seems we should start with a fit and rested Cairney.