watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Sold down the swanny"

Started by howitis, January 06, 2018, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

No better way to describe the team selection, lack of desire to win this match and the battle of wills that exists between manager and club hierarchy.
Make no mistake this game was there for the taking and we paid our money to see that. Instead we saw a strange team selection and sub rota that meant we were never going to clinch the win. I can only assume Joka was making a statement and to that end he may have got a victory but for us poor punters we were literally sold down the swanny !

howitis

Sorry so angry i need to reply to my own post :-

Fonte - couldn't get in the sutton utd squad (sorry Sutton)
Norwood - just awful. Needs half an hour to demonstrate his passing ability. He is lower champ level
Kamara - please folks - his touch and passing when he came on was embarrassing. He will never be good enough at this level of football
Button - just give up
Ojo - Liverpool my a**e

Now tired of manager and management. Sava if they are stitching you up then have the guts to resign. Khan if your not interested in improving stuff on the pitch then please bugger off.
So disillusioned wit our club !

BedsFFC

I don't understand how you are making these assumptions. The only strange thing I found about the selection was the lack of young fringe players. Other than Piazon for Ayite, this is pretty much the team we saw after August.

What was the statement Slavisa was possibly making?

davew

If Joka was trying to make a statement he would have picked Mollo, Graham, Djalo, Cisse, Soares as well as the completely useless and out of his depth Fonte, so I have to disagree with the OP. His team selection was rubbish though, that we can agree on.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

EastEndWhite

Quote from: davew on January 06, 2018, 07:06:51 PM
If Joka was trying to make a statement he would have picked Mollo, Graham, Djalo, Cisse, Soares as well as the completely useless and out of his depth Fonte, so I have to disagree with the OP. His team selection was rubbish though, that we can agree on.

Who else was there to pick? Bettinelli, Cairney and Ayite were all out injured.

@jolslover

Fonte was good today I thought, Second half especially. Weird how people watching the same game can come out with such different conclusions.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: howitis on January 06, 2018, 07:02:34 PM
Sorry so angry i need to reply to my own post :-

Fonte - couldn't get in the sutton utd squad (sorry Sutton)
Norwood - just awful. Needs half an hour to demonstrate his passing ability. He is lower champ level
Kamara - please folks - his touch and passing when he came on was embarrassing. He will never be good enough at this level of football
Button - just give up
Ojo - Liverpool my a**e

Now tired of manager and management. Sava if they are stitching you up then have the guts to resign. Khan if your not interested in improving stuff on the pitch then please bugger off.
So disillusioned wit our club !

Controversial but all these players are above average champ level in my opinion.
STH H3

howitis

you answered your own post. He went with Fonte as the lone striker - all £9m worth.
He subbed McDonald  - nuff said.
He didnt play Kebano when he was arguably MOM on Tuesday night..
No Cairney
Norwood would have been subbed by any manger

irishfulham

Kebano did play he came on 2nd half......and was crap

howitis

did you really just say you thought Fonte did well ? Mind boggling!

@jolslover

Quote from: howitis on January 06, 2018, 07:23:43 PM
did you really just say you thought Fonte did well ? Mind boggling!

Yep, Made some great passes in the second half and pretty much had no service all day but when he did get the ball didn't lose it. Worked hard aswell. Put the average champ poacher there today and you would have got a much worse performance 100%.
STH H3

Baszab

Fonte was pathetic out of his depth and contributed zero (possibly one good left diagonal pass 2nd half excepted)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 06, 2018, 07:15:40 PM
Fonte was good today I thought, Second half especially. Weird how people watching the same game can come out with such different conclusions.

But he was bought to score goals Jols.
He has one against useless Ipswich,who I could score against.

Woolly Mammoth

Fonte is a 9 million waste of space, and Jok knows it, if this was a League game Fonte would not have had a sniff. I am embarrassed for him.
It's time we played one or two of our Academy and put last summers imports who are firing blanks out to grass.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

It is and so far you seem to have been watching a different game to most of us, maybe he was good today just rubbish instead of total rubbish as in most of his previous games, so that could be the answer?

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 06, 2018, 07:45:47 PM

But he was bought to score goals Jols.
He has one against useless Ipswich,who I could score against.
Now come on, not true you would be played out of position, probably in goal!

Woolly Mammoth

What I want to see is a visual winning mentality from manager to all the players.
But I do not see it often enough.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Fonte apparently made a few good runs but no Fulham player picked him out. Just don't think Fonte is suited with out style of play. We all know that our problem lie with the lack of quality forwards. We haven't had them since Ross and Dembele. The players brought in since have simply never been good enough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

Hang on a minute. What did Button do wrong today?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Motspur

Agree with Howitis points with exception of Fonte. I'm sure that MANY will disagree with me but he is a quality striker but we don't play to his strengths. He makes run after run but never gets the ball played into his path, instead it goes sideways and we allow the opposition defence to be organised and less opportunity to breakdown. Some think AK47 is the biscuit; well if you saw him trying to pass ten yards today to a teammate you'd be disappointed. Just to add that Piazon is still getting over his injury and needs time, whilst Johansen for me continues to disappoint after last season's performances; it maybe that he's managing an injury, but seems off the pace. Our main attacking options today were via the two Ryan's but build up was so slow it allowed their defence to shift from side to side to cover and if there were any progress our final pass was diabolical. Finally, the players final warm up is shooting practice but no one wants to shoot. I can't recall their keeper having a shot to save.