watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next up: Burton Albion

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 15, 2018, 09:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Burtons last 6 games have brought 3 loses, 2 draws and 1 impressive 3-0 win away to Sheffield Wednesday.

However, Burton currently sit 3rd from bottom on the Championship, 2pts off bottom place Sunderland.

After our 'smash & grab' win away to Middlesbrough on Saturday, and now only 1pt off the playoffs, what do Fulham have to do to grab all 3pts here?

As always, this type of game is a potential banana skin for Fulham, but, what does Slav have to do, what Team will he put out, will he risk playing Tom Cairney, what will the score be?

Please discuss.

Fernhurst

Buy Jackson Irvine off them before Saturday and there buggered
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Whoops he's with Hull City...... that's good then

davew

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 15, 2018, 09:25:54 PM
Burtons last 5 games have brought 3 loses, 2 draws and 1 impressive 3-0 win away to Sheffield Wednesday.

However, Burton currently sit 3rd from bottom on the Championship, 2pts off bottom place Sunderland.

After our 'smash & grab' win away to Middlesbrough on Saturday, and now only 1pt off the playoffs, what do Fulham have to do to grab all 3pts here?

As always, this type of game is a potential banana skin for Fulham, but, what does Slav have to do, what Team will he put out, will he risk playing Tom Cairney, what will the score be?

Please discuss.
Last 5 games, 3 losses, 2 draws and an impressive win, isn't that 6 games (lol)? We will all have to hold a bible and pray hard with a large stiff drink on stand by when things are on a knife edge, don't buy any bananas as you say they can be dangerous especially for Fulham supporters. The team Slav will put out will depend on what happens in the t/fr market the next few days and whether he feels he has a future at Fulham, that I can't answer! He shouldn't even consider playing TC!!! We should be good enough to beat Burton whatever team is picked without TC. Score prediction is 3-1 to us!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

Seriously,  we didn't get either of our fullbacks beyond theirs on Saturday. If we start to get down the flanks can see nothing but woe for Burton.

Fernhurst

Match Fred with Neeskens down the right.

Twig

Odoi and Sess on the left and leave the CB duties to Ream and Kalas.  TC on the bench again. Ojo on the bench too.

hovewhite

Can see TC on the bench and a victory sat it may be tight.

bog

The last thing we need is any complacency....or first come to that.... :doh:

092.gif 

RaySmith

I'm sure Slav and the players will approach this game with a professional attitude.

This is exactly the type of game where we can come a cropper, at home laying a team desperate for points, who will probably have 10 men behind the ball, and try to hit us on he break.

It would be good if TC is fit, we need his passes to unlock a massed defence, but I fear he won't be fit. Norwood is a good replacement though.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on January 15, 2018, 10:13:46 PM
Odoi and Sess on the left and leave the CB duties to Ream and Kalas.  TC on the bench again. Ojo on the bench too.
How I wish we could clone Mr Odoi.  I have the utmost regard for him in spite of the occasional lapses of sensibility he incorporates to his game.  He was exceptional on Saturday when needed either in central defence or covering on the left.  One thing that was very encouraging on Saturday was how we still had bags of energy left in the final twenty minutes of the game and that may be the key for us.  Play Odoi in defence first half and keep a clean sheet, then switch to Kalas and release Ryan Sessegnon second half.  If we can plunder a goal or two first half even better.  Ojo to bench and play Kebano from the start.   

Whitesideup

Start with Odoi at LB (he is easily good enough) and Kalas at CB (as is he) - push Sessegnon further up - which is his real strength (defending is not yet up to required level IMO)  - and when we get chances, we have to take them otherwise this is a potential banana-skin as Burton will surely work their socks off, and I suspect will be hard to break down without the creativity of Cearney.

I hope I am wrong and that we run out comfortable 5-0 winners! COYW!

S.F.Sorrow

I just checked the form tables and was surprised to see that Burton's away form is second only to Derby in the last 4 matches and 4th in the last 8 matches. The are terrible at home, worst team by far in the last 8 matches but their away form is actually very good. Certainly a lot better than I suspected. They have won their last three (league) matches away!

I'm actually relieved to see this. I can't see them getting a fourth win away. Let's give them a long overdue thrashing!

filham

What yet another rest for TC, soon we will be saying he is not match fit.

davew

AK, Kebano and Sess up front to start with, Ojo too inconsistent in my opinion!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
Did you not know he has a bit of a knee problem that seems to be reoccurring recently, I am sure you do, rest him as often as possible to give time to recover, have him on bench and only bring on if necessary.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Milo

Normally I'd be posting with the normal "we will lose 2-1 or 1-0 and it'll be a flat, disappointing game where we never get going".

However I actually sense the opposite. I think it could be 3-0 or 4-0. I literally have no idea how we are where we are given how poorly we've played this season but I have no doubt we will be in the playoffs come the end.

gezkc

We definitely can't be complacent about this game. Don't forget Burton have already beaten us once this season (2-1 at their ground back in September), and that was during a bad spell when they were being walloped by the likes of Leeds and Aston Villa.

Hopefully we'll continue the good run of form we've been showing recently, but I'm not overly confident. These are the kinds of games we often disappoint in!

filham

Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2018, 12:14:45 PM
Did you not know he has a bit of a knee problem that seems to be reoccurring recently, I am sure you do, rest him as often as possible to give time to recover, have him on bench and only bring on if necessary.

He has had the knee problem all season and missed a good amount of playing time already. Is it our intention to play out the remaining nineteen games of the season playing Cairney only against top teams or in the second half of matches when we are losing. This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

gezkc

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 04:44:32 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2018, 12:14:45 PM

He has had the knee problem all season and missed a good amount of playing time already. Is it our intention to play out the remaining nineteen games of the season playing Cairney only against top teams or in the second half of matches when we are losing. This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Would you prefer he risks long term injury by playing full games when his knee's clearly not right?

Surely it would be better to rest him completely to make sure he's fully fit when it comes to the crunch games at the end of the season?