watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Terry Angus

Started by FulhamStu, January 18, 2018, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

He talks about his time at Fulham and some very interesting comments about how some players could not be bothered.  Don McCay, nice guy but weak and did not stand up to players.   He makes you realise that sometimes players really don't care and obviously that makes a huge difference.   

One thing I think is that our current squadmdo care, I don't think we are carrying any passengers, sure some players are out of form, or lacking in confidence, but I think the current group have a good attitude.

During the Premier days, I felt there were a few that did not give their all, or at least,had games when they were somewhat less than 100%.    A strong manager or head coach is important, Slavisa I imagine does not tolerate anything less than 100%.  This could be a reason why some squad players are seldom seen.   

Have a listen on fulhamfocus.com.   Terry Angus is very open.

Mince n Tatties

Terry cared,shed blood for the cause on more than one occasion.... One Terry Angus there only one Terry Angus.. 049:gif

On the wing

I heard that interview and really enjoyed it.  Terry comes across as a really down to earth guy.

Looking forward to the second part.

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 19, 2018, 06:55:45 AM
Terry cared,shed blood for the cause on more than one occasion.... One Terry Angus there only one Terry Angus.. 049:gif

:plus one:

Dr Know

In , i think , 2001 , i went to hayes fc to watch them play nuneaton knowing Terry played for them . Unfortunately Terry was injured so not playing . But just after kick off i saw Terry on the terraces and went over to him and had a great chat . He is one top bloke .

Fernhurst

Oh my memory...... I know it was an important game (someone on here will remind me).
My abiding (fading) memory of Terry was the game at The Cottage against Northampton. It was pretty dire game but we were pushing toward the Putney End when a ball was played over the top, Terry turned and was favourite for the foot race BUT HE  SLIPPED. Striker ran from almost the halfway line and slotted the only goal of the game.
Micky Adams was furious and almost immediately hauled off Terry to his obvious annoyance.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Terry Angus, we loved him and oh wouldn't we love him in our present team.

Fernhurst

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2018, 11:06:15 AM
Terry Angus, we loved him and oh wouldn't we love him in our present team.

:plus one:

res

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 19, 2018, 10:37:40 AM
Oh my memory...... I know it was an important game (someone on here will remind me).
My abiding (fading) memory of Terry was the game at The Cottage against Northampton. It was pretty dire game but we were pushing toward the Putney End when a ball was played over the top, Terry turned and was favourite for the foot race BUT HE  SLIPPED. Striker ran from almost the halfway line and slotted the only goal of the game.
Micky Adams was furious and almost immediately hauled off Terry to his obvious annoyance.

It was meant to be the game when we mathematically clinched promotion from the old Div. 4 to the old Div. 3. A big crowd turned up but we were dire...3 times the Northampton centre forward turned Angus in the first 15 minutes only to miss 1:1s with our keeper...the 4th time he slotted home. Terry Angus and Lawrence were withdrawn immediately by an ashen faced Mickey Adams, but we never recovered and lost 1-0. We got promotion of course in the following game. Angus was a bit of a folk hero...he once was voted won man of the match despite being a non playing sub., and was often seen in the crowd (generous word given the attendances in those days) if he wasn't in the match day squad... a great team member and a great guy.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: res on January 19, 2018, 01:25:38 PM

It was meant to be the game when we mathematically clinched promotion from the old Div. 4 to the old Div. 3. A big crowd turned up but we were dire...3 times the Northampton centre forward turned Angus in the first 15 minutes only to miss 1:1s with our keeper...the 4th time he slotted home. Terry Angus and Lawrence were withdrawn immediately by an ashen faced Mickey Adams, but we never recovered and lost 1-0. We got promotion of course in the following game. Angus was a bit of a folk hero...he once was voted won man of the match despite being a non playing sub., and was often seen in the crowd (generous word given the attendances in those days) if he wasn't in the match day squad... a great team member and a great guy.

Sorry to be pedantic, but we had clinched promotion with a dire 0-0 at Mansfield a couple of days after the win at Carlisle and we needed to win this to help us to try to win the league with a couple of games to go.

Terry was possibly my favourite all time player. Totally committed to the cause with the heart of a lion.

I'll always remember when we won at Orient and he was injured and was in the seats behind us in the enclosure and he was singing along with all the chants,he seemed to particularly like "stand up if you're going up"

It should also be know that he commuted to the games from his home in Coventry.

What a gem of a man with qualities which are so missing in players today.

Fernhurst

Thank you and thank you.... knew someone would sort me out. After they sorted each other out!

res

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 19, 2018, 02:21:58 PM

Sorry to be pedantic, but we had clinched promotion with a dire 0-0 at Mansfield a couple of days after the win at Carlisle and we needed to win this to help us to try to win the league with a couple of games to go.

Terry was possibly my favourite all time player. Totally committed to the cause with the heart of a lion.

I'll always remember when we won at Orient and he was injured and was in the seats behind us in the enclosure and he was singing along with all the chants,he seemed to particularly like "stand up if you're going up"

Not pedantic, just correcting my marginal lapse of memory. Well remembered!!

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: res on January 19, 2018, 06:19:15 PM
Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 19, 2018, 02:21:58 PM

Not pedantic, just correcting my marginal lapse of memory. Well remembered!!

Thank you

FulhamKC

Terry Angus played for FFC before I started following the the club so I don't know him. But he sounds like a great guy.

Isn't interesting how the old days and old players seem to be superior in our minds than the current ones? Some day the young fans of today will be thinking back wistfully about how good [insert current player here] was "back in the day."

mrmicawbers

Top man who mixed with the fans when he wasn't pllaying

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Dr Know on January 19, 2018, 09:48:17 AM
In , i think , 2001 , i went to hayes fc to watch them play nuneaton knowing Terry played for them . Unfortunately Terry was injured so not playing . But just after kick off i saw Terry on the terraces and went over to him and had a great chat . He is one top bloke .
Dr,
Did you not also see Geoff Horsefield in the crowd that day?