watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwood bid

Started by clanky, January 24, 2018, 09:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clanky

According to Sky, Brighton have turned down our bid to sign Norwood , even though he is keen to make the move himself.

Obviously, could be rubbish, but are we bolstering our midfield in case any last minute departures i.e. Cairney.

Might be putting 2+2=5, but it's cold and wet outside, the wife's watching 'enders and thought I would open the proverbial can of worms

Views ?

KJS

Good player is on loan and we'd like to make him permanent, good business if we can get him also frees up another load space.

Nothing to do with Cairney

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Do we know how fit Cairney really is?

Jimsbeerbelly

Just posted in the transfer thread about this, about Brighton being shrewd, and I don't blame them.

If they are relegated this season, which they could well be, then Norwood is a Champ ready player that can step straight in, who's getting game time.

If they stay up, watch them offer him to us for 4M, or something similar.

For now, they are pricing us out of a move.

Fulham 442

I'd be glad to sign him. At least he can take a penalty!

KJS

The fact is he is on load until the end of the season so no panic

twang

I really don't see the need to make a move for Norwood in this window. If we're still in the Championship next season then he'll be of use for us but I can't see him making the step up if we get promoted. Leave it until the summer window.

Milo

Agreed. Worth a probe but nothing more... for now.

Fulham76

Quote from: clanky on January 24, 2018, 09:43:18 PM

According to Sky, Brighton have turned down our bid to sign Norwood , even though he is keen to make the move himself.

Obviously, could be rubbish, but are we bolstering our midfield in case any last minute departures i.e. Cairney.

Might be putting 2+2=5, but it's cold and wet outside, the wife's watching 'enders and thought I would open the proverbial can of worms

Views ?

I just said this on the other thread but very unusual to put in an offer to buy a player we've already secured until the end of the season.

This is our replacement for Cairney when we finally accept a bid for him later in the month.

Riversider

As others have tried out, we've obviously got another player lined up but either the player only wants to come on loan or his club will only let him join us on loan  ,
Hence the need to free up a loan slot,
£2.5 or £3 million that's fair enough for Norwood but no way is he worth any where near £8 million.

ThisIsntAJok

This is an opportunity to free up a loan slot, and as he has turned out to be very good for us, we don't want to risk losing him in the summer.

I for one would love to see a permanent move for him.

Matt10

At least it will boost his confidence knowing that he is a high priority for us. The feeling of being temporary to permanent can make all the difference in the world to a player's confidence and performance as a result. Brighton are playing games unfortunately, but it's nice to see we are focused on players that will only improve the club like Norwood.

hovewhite

Like the other comments tend to agree that Brighton covering all the bases,also we have sent back some loans so cutting wages to make way for saints l.b and possibly one more to come in I'm guessing.

filham

We can relax about Cairney being snatched away, no one is going to risk millions on him with his dodgy knee. We just have to concentrate on getting that knee sorted and meanwhile Norewood is essential as cover, that is the probable reason for trying to sign him.
I assume Brighton are able to recall Norewood under the loan agreement if they wish.