watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Piazon & Kalas

Started by Andy S, January 23, 2018, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Can anyone see piazon and Kalas getting into the Chelsea team? Or should they sell them to us on a permanent basis?

MikeW

Realistically, the answer is no.  So yes please, we'll have them.

It makes you think reading about all the people they are supposedly interested in this window if the manager has really got a clue who he already has on his books?  OK, media talk a lot of it but when you consider how many are out on loan it really is the oddest policy.  Sometimes you think they purchase just to act as a spoiler for others.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MikeW on January 23, 2018, 03:56:38 PM
Realistically, the answer is no.  So yes please, we'll have them.

It makes you think reading about all the people they are supposedly interested in this window if the manager has really got a clue who he already has on his books?  OK, media talk a lot of it but when you consider how many are out on loan it really is the oddest policy.  Sometimes you think they purchase just to act as a spoiler for others.
Which, albeit cynical, makes perfect business sense.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

I don't think it does! People forget that a lot of good business sense is good will of which Chelsea do not excell either to supporters or players or staff. Chelsea obviously have a youth set up yet the players have no chance of marking it to the first team. That demoralises players and staff. Not good business sense at all. Then there is the amount of staff required to keek a check and support these players. I could go on

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I think I read that Chelsea have 34 players out on loan but I could not tell you where they all are.

Chelsea FC is not a charity and the price they would require for our two players would be well beyond what we could afford or be willing to spend.

cmg

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 23, 2018, 04:12:59 PM
I think I read that Chelsea have 34 players out on loan but I could not tell you where they all are.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/leihspieler/verein/631

+15
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea-u21/leihspieler/verein/9250

That's 32 of 'em. Not inconceivable that a couple have gone missing.

ToodlesMcToot

Problem is that both re-signed at the beginning of the season. So now they are on long term, fairly high wage contracts. They are not valuable in the context of Chelsea's playing squad but, they are valuable assets that can be sold to PL level clubs for a good sum.

Sucks but unless we get promoted, I believe they'll be playing elsewhere next season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

Problem is that Chelsea can afford to hold out for offers abvoe their realistic market value.

Andy S

I suppose the players are getting paid and are playing at our level anyway. They are still making a good living

toshes mate

The loan system works both ways - players who do not make the grade can be returned with less loss than had they been permanently recruited.  I think the action taken by Kalas last summer shows how the system can be effectively influenced by individual players too.  If a player's desire and will is there the loan system can be made to work.  As always clubs have to temper their activities as the market dictates and players can always influence activities for good or ill e.g. Martin's new contract with Derby while on loan to us.

It isn't a perfect or fair system but until the football authorities start to deal with problems effectively there is unlikely to be anything better.

hovewhite

The PL seems to have more power than the F.A and even more money,off the pitch the game stinks full stop and this system that allows teams to stockpile the best acedemeny players of smaller clubs need EUAFA to step in and until they do nothing will change!

cookieg

I'm sure I read somewhere that their business model is to buy young players, loan them out and look to sell on for a profit. There are many teams benefiting from having players on loan that they could not afford to buy and the players are, as in Kalas and Piazon, getting regular first team football so are in the shop window.

I'm sure that lot down the road would look for hefty fees for both if we were to go up but to be honest it would be money worth paying.

the nutflush

Chelsea probably still want 200 gazillion trillion for them.  I feel sorry for them being tied to such a club. 

Joseffc

Piazon is contracted at Chelsea until 2020 at which point he'll be 26 and Kalas until 2021 at which point he'll be 28.

As they are on such long and we assume high-paid contracts and considering they are both entering their prime years, the question is could we afford them?

Both the transfer fees commanded and wages could be prohibitive. 

The next question is, on the back of their loan spells will bigger clubs be taking an interest?

Nero

Chelsea loan them out with a loan fee of say 2m a season and the loan club paying there wage, they just see the poor slaves as a money making tool