Main Menu

If QPR do us a favour tomorrow

Started by JoelH5, January 26, 2018, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

We could go as high as 5th!!  :wine: 049:gif
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fernhurst

Err.... we've gotta win first ...... or is that a given?????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

JoelH5

Andyb

Sgt Fulham

QPR couldn't do themselves a favour let alone us.

JoelH5

KJS

We need to take care of business and see what happens no point relying on other teams if we don't do enough ourselves. 049:gif

SP

Can see the Hoops picking up an unlikely point or 3 after City's tough midweek cup game.

alfie

Quote from: Andyb on January 26, 2018, 03:54:38 PM
draw at best tomorrow
Good to see you have a bit of faith in your team
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: alfie on January 26, 2018, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Andyb on January 26, 2018, 03:54:38 PM
draw at best tomorrow

I too am looking for a draw tomorrow but a win without Cairney wold send a strong signal out that we are in the promotion race.

Woolly Mammoth

We are still playing catch up, therefore one point is not much better than nil point. But three points is what teams with a serious ambition to aquire promotion is the only acceptable result.
Otherwise we will once again be talking about what might have been.
Once we start thinking about relying on other teams results, then we are already playing for snookers. We have to win our games, that's what will get us promoted, not drawing against mediocre teams. We have already lost more than our share of points against mediocre teams. We cannot afford anymore draws.
Unfortunately in the absence of purchasing quality players, we ain't going anywhere.
We already have less players on the books than we had before the Window opened.
Have the recruitment dudes retreated back into their usual coma.
Are they aware we are not far off launching a serious promotion challenge. But will fall short if the necessary additions are not acquired.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: filham on January 26, 2018, 09:39:06 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 26, 2018, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Andyb link=topic=63464.msg929479#msgh929479 date=1516982078
draw at best tomorrow

I too am looking for a draw tomorrow but a win without Cairney wold send a strong signal out that we are in the promotion race.

If I leaving home at 6.00am to travel to Barnsley I think I'm looking for more than a draw, and I expect the team are too.

hovewhite

Can only see a win as a minimum in slavs and the players minds.

Andy S

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Quote from: fulhamben on January 27, 2018, 05:41:55 PM
Quote from: Andy S on January 27, 2018, 05:36:52 PM
As for QPR Pahh.........
yep, absolutely destroyed by 10 men

In terms of football club owners, I can only think of Goldburg (?) from Palace who has blown more cash than Tony Fernandes.  Presumably TF is eyeing up potential property deals but he's wasting so much money along the way. How he hasn't sacked Holloway yet is beyond me.

fulhamben

Quote from: SP on January 27, 2018, 06:39:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 27, 2018, 05:41:55 PM
Quote from: Andy S on January 27, 2018, 05:36:52 PM
As for QPR Pahh.........
yep, absolutely destroyed by 10 men

In terms of football club owners, I can only think of Goldburg (?) from Palace who has blown more cash than Tony Fernandes.  Presumably TF is eyeing up potential property deals but he's wasting so much money along the way. How he hasn't sacked Holloway yet is beyond me.
Mittals aren't there anymore, so they don't have any money, hence they mainly bought from lower leagues and won't sack the manager. Doubt Tony will be there much longer, very reminiscent of fayeds last couple of seasons
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Don't know if there's any truth in it but my QPR friend says their kit man was texting friends after the game yesterday telling them Ollie was sacked.  Seems that's not so, training should be interesting on Monday.