watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mollo's gone

Started by Southcoastffc, January 30, 2018, 10:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

The Club can confirm that Yohan Mollo has left Fulham following the mutual cancellation of his contract.

Mollo made six appearances for the Whites after joining in the summer. We thank him for his efforts during his time at the Club and wish him the best of luck for the future.

Shame it didn't work out.  Talent but wrong character.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Tabby

Low risk move, didn't pay off.

Now we have 5 wingers again.

davew

Quote from: Tabby on January 30, 2018, 10:33:00 PM

Damn, last minute panic then to sign another 1!! How much did we pay for Mollo?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SG

it has still pissed away wages and presumably a payment to him to pay off his contract. What a waste as clearly the manager did not rate/want him in the first instance

bobbo

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 10:34:08 PM

i think we paid nothing he was unattached at the time. Shame what I saw of him was ok.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Quote from: SG on January 30, 2018, 10:36:22 PM
it has still pissed away wages and presumably a payment to him to pay off his contract. What a waste as clearly the manager did not rate/want him in the first instance
Exactly another c-ck up, I hope Kline will reimburse the Club!

davew

Quote from: bobbo on January 30, 2018, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 10:34:08 PM

i think we paid nothing he was unattached at the time. Shame what I saw of him was ok.
That's a relief no signing on fee, I watched all of the games he played for us and from memory he didn't produce anything memorable?

HatterDon

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 10:40:06 PM

For what? You never know what you got until he hits the practice ground. Sometimes they work; sometimes they don't.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

davew

Quote from: HatterDon on January 30, 2018, 11:12:46 PM

For what? You never know what you got until he hits the practice ground. Sometimes they work; sometimes they don't.
At last something sensible to be discussed amongst all this transfer nonsense. Every club makes mistakes in signing players, I don't keep stat's on other clubs because I only follow our club and as you have read it has been for many years! Lately I do find it strange that we have signed (purchased/or on loan) so many players that "appear" to be sub standard to enhance our team! Times have apparently changed not just at FFC but at a lot of the clubs, I find it strange listening to the managers/coaches of the top Premier League Clubs saying they are not directly involved in signing/choosing players, can we really believe that? At our club, the impression has been given that 1 person or a team led by 1 person have been delegated with the decision on who we sign/loan, so when things don't work out, which they haven't with a fair number of players in the last couple of seasons, who do we blame, pretty obvious really!

HatterDon

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 11:26:06 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 30, 2018, 11:12:46 PM

At last something sensible to be discussed amongst all this transfer nonsense. Every club makes mistakes in signing players, I don't keep stat's on other clubs because I only follow our club and as you have read it has been for many years! Lately I do find it strange that we have signed (purchased/or on loan) so many players that "appear" to be sub standard to enhance our team! Times have apparently changed not just at FFC but at a lot of the clubs, I find it strange listening to the managers/coaches of the top Premier League Clubs saying they are not directly involved in signing/choosing players, can we really believe that? At our club, the impression has been given that 1 person or a team led by 1 person have been delegated with the decision on who we sign/loan, so when things don't work out, which they haven't with a fair number of players in the last couple of seasons, who do we blame, pretty obvious really!

I know this is relatively new in the UK, but as salaries and transfer fees walk briskly into Stupidville, owners become less and less comfortable letting the manager/head coach be the only or deciding voice in who to spend THEIR money on. This is even more of a concern in these days when managers come and go so as quickly as the cast of The Wizard of Oz.

One thing I have seen here since we've been relegated is that any transfer perceived as imperfect or poor is laid down to Klein or "Statsboy" or something else, while those at are successful must have appeared out of the clouds. Example: during his first six months or so with the club, Ream was considered a waste of money and space and was "obviously chosen by statsboy." Over the last year, however, he's been a frequent winner of the Man of the Match, and we don't hear Klein linked with his transfer -- or Cairney's.

The fact is that no owner is going to spend oodles of money without getting as much input as possible. Sometimes that input didn't expect that a player -- however talented -- didn't mesh with the rest of the squad and, as a result, didn't feature. Everything in professional sport is a roll of the dice -- especially for a club like Fulham.

my last word; nice chatting with you again DaveW! We must do this over a jar at some point.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Yes this one didn't work out but even Joka, who we know will not pick players he doesn't rate, gave him a number of goes at the start.
It hasn't worked out for  off field reasons and we cut him.

Happens under every manager and owner. Anyone want to talk about Giles or Jari?
Just the views of a long term fan

terryr

I rated Mollo
He had a bit of an edge to him and took a decent corner.

Riverside

Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2018, 06:59:01 AM
I rated Mollo
He had a bit of an edge to him and took a decent corner.

Clearly had skill
But sounds like he didn't have the discipline ( and or football intelligence )
SJ did have a decent look at him before he was banished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFFC

I liked him talented player I thought, obviously had problems off the pitch like at previous clubs. Shame
Come on you Whites!! :)

Twig

He had some ability, sadly we will never know how much. he didn't work out because his personality and attitude wee incompatible (he refused to adhere to Joka's playing style and tactics, a loose cannon).  Now it is standard practice to look at off field aspects; lifestyle, personality, family etc. when signing a player. Whose job was that? The recruitment team. Who led that team? Go figure.

the nutflush

Adel Tarrabt mark II.