watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The people running the club.

Started by colinwhite, February 01, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

The transfer window is shut and we have  done well I would say. If you had asked me at 1030 last night what my views were on how the club is being run I would certainly have expressed some misgivings !
All three signings look good and the aquisition of Mitrovic is one that didnt see coming. He could be fantastic for us. He has all the tools and if any one can sort his head out then it has to be his fellow-serb Jovanovic.

More than anything ,I think this particular transfer windows settles, for me, the niggling doubt about the intentions of the hiearchy and ownership of the club. The idea that the Khans just want to drain the club of its resources and dont really care about much else is clearly completely ridiculous. Had that been the case then we could have easily have cashed in on Cairney and/or Sessignon (not even mentioning Fredricks) for huge bucks and the very fact that we have been able to retain these (irreplaceable) players says an enormous amount about how football issues and reults are hugely important to our leadership.
Clearing out all the  players that Jokanovic clearly didnt like the look of also shows flexibillty on the behalf of the people deciding who we sign. By clearing out not only previous unsucessful signings (sigardsson etc) ,we have also shipped out Sores ,Graham,Cisse ,Mollo who were brought in by the recruitment team,who have now bowed to greater  footballing knowledge of our coach without  getting hung up on lost prestige .

Well done to club , now lets push on and fight for promotion !

Delboy

Maybe the owners see that with our asset players still in the bank they are covered financially and can carry on and see how the next six months pan out. Hopefully with the incoming players we should surely push on for promotion and the owners might have a Prem side again. COYW.

res

Quote from: colinwhite on February 01, 2018, 11:14:02 AM
The transfer window is shut and we have  done well I would say. If you had asked me at 1030 last night what my views were on how the club is being run I would certainly have expressed some misgivings !
All three signings look good and the aquisition of Mitrovic is one that didnt see coming. He could be fantastic for us. He has all the tools and if any one can sort his head out then it has to be his fellow-serb Jovanovic.

More than anything ,I think this particular transfer windows settles, for me, the niggling doubt about the intentions of the hiearchy and ownership of the club. The idea that the Khans just want to drain the club of its resources and dont really care about much else is clearly completely ridiculous. Had that been the case then we could have easily have cashed in on Cairney and/or Sessignon (not even mentioning Fredricks) for huge bucks and the very fact that we have been able to retain these (irreplaceable) players says an enormous amount about how football issues and reults are hugely important to our leadership.
Clearing out all the  players that Jokanovic clearly didnt like the look of also shows flexibillty on the behalf of the people deciding who we sign. By clearing out not only previous unsucessful signings (sigardsson etc) ,we have also shipped out Sores ,Graham,Cisse ,Mollo who were brought in by the recruitment team,who have now bowed to greater  footballing knowledge of our coach without  getting hung up on lost prestige .

Well done to club , now lets push on and fight for promotion !

Cisse still with us I think...but agree with what you're saying about a logical clear out, with much more sensible (compared with other posts) comments about Khan's interest and investment given who we've brought in and, most importantly, who we've kept.

MikeW

Good post Colin.  Shame Cisse could not get a loan though as he needs to get up to speed with Champ football and all the physical stuff that goes with it.

Cast your mind back over the past 4/5 years - my god we've got through some players!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

hovewhite

Good OP agree 100% as good as winter window since Roy's time when brede came in.Also football he based rather than just stats.
Think Khan jr is learning to well done to him also.