more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good Professional Performance.

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 03, 2018, 07:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Thought the lads(some not at their best today) gave a
Professional performance and dug out the result by keeping the pressure on them..Great 3 points at the end when not at our best made me a happy chappy even though returning home a little bit wet...Coyw

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2018, 07:09:36 PM
Thought the lads(some not at their best today) gave a
Professional performance and dug out the result by keeping the pressure on them..Great 3 points at the end when not at our best made me a happy chappy even though returning home a little bit wet...Coyw

Yes we improved the goal difference, keeping a clean sheet ta boot, and moved into 5th place.
The only issue is that I feel it may be hard to catch Wolverhampton Wanderers before the season ends. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

All good in the end but on too many occasions Forest opened up our defense too easily.

ron

Playing out from the back when the sodden pitch was making judging the strength of a pass difficult nearly led to disaster on more than one occasion. Betts made important saves to maintain the clean sheet. Adjusting to conditions is a great Adrenalin reducer.

KJS

Quote from: Twig on February 03, 2018, 09:49:38 PM
All good in the end but on too many occasions Forest opened up our defense too easily.

All Forest threatened with was set pieces also the team defended well as a whole unit the improvement from earlier in the season is very noticeable as we would not have won that game in October

hovewhite

Defensively we defended from the front yesterday and Betts really is showing his ability.

Twig

Quote from: ron on February 03, 2018, 10:04:22 PM
Playing out from the back when the sodden pitch was making judging the strength of a pass difficult nearly led to disaster on more than one occasion. Betts made important saves to maintain the clean sheet. Adjusting to conditions is a great Adrenalin reducer.

Yes, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Twig

Quote from: KJS on February 04, 2018, 07:15:17 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 03, 2018, 09:49:38 PM

All Forest threatened with was set pieces also the team defended well as a whole unit the improvement from earlier in the season is very noticeable as we would not have won that game in October

The latter part I agree with but not the former.  They threatened to catch us on the break a coupe of times in the first half and they had a spell of possession in the second when we were under considerable pressure.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Our new left back had a good game in an attacking role, but he gave me heart attack a couple of times with the gaping gap down the left side of the pitch.

It is fair to say that he had little to mark but we must learn to cover his attacks or a good team like AV (or even Bolton) will punish us.