watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Laugh of the day

Started by grandad, February 03, 2018, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Man City only fielded 6 subs as their manager said they don´t have enough players. Why then do they have dozens out on loan.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

He made himself a laughing stock by pulling that stroke, at the very least he could have brought in one of their Academy players, even if it was just to give him the match day experience and mix with the big boys. It would have done that player and the other Academy players a real lift.
He has been spoilt with flashing an open cheque book, something that other managers can only dream about.
He has gone down in my estimation, sacrificed having another player for his own selfish and petulant reasons.
Perhaps he should try managing Barnet, that would be a proper challenge, and that's with the greatest respect to Barnet.
But he wouldn't do that, as he wouldn't even have a closed cheque book let alone an open one at his disposal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

What about the stockpiling of young talent there collecting,what a stupid comment to make.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on February 04, 2018, 09:38:33 AM
What about the stockpiling of young talent there collecting,what a stupid comment to make.

Yes the stockpiling of young talent is almost criminal, whilst it stops them playing for any other team, with very little intention of giving that young player an opportunity to play for the first team, they solve their problems by flashing the cash to buy ready made so called stars, and when it suits them sell the Academy player when it suits them, and making a profit at the same time.

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I maybe dense but I can't see his reasoning for saying that
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

aaronmcguigan

All their players out on loan---- I'm sure most of their loans are for the season , loans can't be recalled outside of a transfer window. Is the consensus that you want the players literally stockpiled and kept at the club? The players need to be out and about for their development

Should use one of their academy players ----- The academy played the previous night, and I don't see the logic in giving an academy player the chance to sit on a bench , be an unused sub as a sign of a token gesture rather than keeping him in the academy to develop and play , gain minutes and earn a senior call up rather than by default when he won't be in their plans anyway. Furthermore, he won't have the proper recovery time from the academy game.

His own selfish and petulant reasons----- he literally didn't call an extra player up to allow them to continue in the youth team. I don't see his petulant reasons. It's literally just not naming one substitute. Not even this board had the same reaction when Slav named a 15 man squad for a friendly including 3 keepers for his own petulant reasons

What is with the overreaction ? Named a 17 man matchday squad instead of an 18 man squad when you can only use 14. His subs bench already included 3 academy players who weren't playing in the academy games so he's literally done as much as he can .
It's only been a few years since the matchday squad was increased from 16 to 18 anyway, yet still only ever able to use 14 in total in a game

Don't get me wrong. The whole Arab money thing has turned the top football table into a farce but get at them for something they're actually doing wrong rather than just saving one academy player from being an unused sub when he's played the night before.

Sir Alec of good Stock

How would he have coped when only one sub was available or even before that when there no subs.

snarks

I think it was more the point he was making about the protection of players (recent tackles on de bruyn and sane spring to mind). In the end pointless not naming the extra sub, but a subtle dig at the FA

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on February 05, 2018, 07:50:48 AM
How would he have coped when only one sub was available or even before that when there no subs.

Exactly, he would have found it difficult to have survived poor Lamb.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Has this guy ever served his time managing a poor club, he needs to talk to the likes of Ray Lew to see how tough things can be.