watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Newcomers

Started by Southcoastffc, February 03, 2018, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

I thought that Matt Targett had a very sound game, looked composed in attack, combining well with Sess, and, although not put under great pressure by Forest, barely put a foot wrong in defence.

Mitro too did well. If he gets the games I'd wager he'll get at least 10 goals before the end of the season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Robbie

Targett is a real find, very good. EPL standard.  The Serbian guy looked fat and slow.  Interesting that he was largely ignored in the play making.

Southcoastffc

Fat and slow? Ignored?   Are you for real?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

Sorry Robbie you must have watched a different game to me

JoelH5

I guess he didn't see his header cleared off the line or his hold up play or his multiple lay offs to play people in. To be fair, he has had a whole 2 days training with the squad  :beer:
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

He did look overweight and short of match fitness.  Not sure why the OP says he did well?  I saw the header, what else?  But it's early days si I'm happy to wait and see.

ealex40

Quote from: Twig on February 03, 2018, 09:45:04 PM
He did look overweight and short of match fitness.  Not sure why the OP says he did well?  I saw the header, what else?  But it's early days si I'm happy to wait and see.

He came on after 55 minutes. What did you expect him to do in the final 35 minutes?
Fonte has 3 goals in 24 games and Kamara 7 in 27, so give the guy a break.

Southcoastffc

Do you not think that Mitro's introduction change the game's dynamic? If you have access to the replay of the game on line, watch and see the difference. Implying that all he contributed is one header is somewhat strange.

grandad

FFS, it´s started already. Slag a new player off after 35 minutes & 2 days training with a new club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

I thought Mitrovic done alright.  He is the sort of player we have been missing, and reckon even if he is not prolific, he will score his fair share of goals.
But just as importantly his alround game when he is sharper and fitter and his timing is back, he will I reckon make us a better and smarter outfit.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

peaty

Quote from: grandad on February 03, 2018, 10:05:18 PM
FFS, it´s started already. Slag a new player off after 35 minutes & 2 days training with a new club.

Yep, the usual depressive nonsense on this board. M did good enough, and stop the nonsense about "fat"/"slow" centre forwards. Does my head in, stupid talk. 

RaySmith

Quote from: peaty on February 04, 2018, 01:23:36 AM

Yep, the usual depressive nonsense on this board. M did good enough, and stop the nonsense about "fat"/"slow" centre forwards. Does my head in, stupid talk. 

0001.jpeg

hovewhite

Mitro wether posters like it or not is not match fit and it  will take him time and games to fit in and I can see him coming off the bench for a few games as rui is contributing to the team.

Twig

I'm not slagging anyone off. Far from it read my post!

davew

(LOL), surprised it didn't start before the match finished, so that's a good start!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on February 04, 2018, 07:31:38 AM
Mitro wether posters like it or not is not match fit and it  will take him time and games to fit in and I can see him coming off the bench for a few games as rui is contributing to the team.

Just how much Rui is contributing is a difficult one (I can see both sides of the argument but would have preferred AK yesterday).  However I do agree that Mitro may have to play the sub role for a coupe more games whilst he builds match fitness.  That's fine, it's not a criticism. Not sure why grandad and Peaty got their knickers in a twist.  Seems reasonable to me.

choice_of_ends

::off_Topic::
Quote from: davew on February 04, 2018, 08:31:12 AM
(LOL), surprised it didn't start before the match finished, so that's a good start!
How could he be match fit after 6 games as sub this season?! This takes time now, but I am pretty sure, if someone is capable of making Mitrovic match fit in these circumstances, then it's Joka. If Mitrovic scores the winner at Wembley and we go up, then one can say he's match fit.

Jims Dentist

I think Mitro was quite good yesterday and will be very good for use in future games.
He is just the sort of striker we need, different from those we already have.