watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huddersfield on the way down??

Started by Fernhurst, February 04, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

After a good start now second bottom of league.

Only 25% possession and zero shots on target yesterday.

Maybe slightly poetic justice if we pass them on our way up.

The half a dozen games after next weeks game at Bolton will chrystalise our season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

I don't think we will lose them all or win them all either. It usually goes down to the wire and probably won't be that different this term

Texas White

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 04, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

The half a dozen games after next weeks game at Bolton will chrystalise our season.

I wouldn't wish them anything bad. They beat those cheats from Reading after all.

Whitesideup

I agree with Texas White ... they seem like a decent bunch but looks like they are off the pace, and that's no surprise. They are a small club and it's hard to compete week in week out. They have already had some good moments and I hope they have some more. But I fully expect them to be in the Championship next year.

Fernhurst

No I didn't mean them harm, delighted they beat Reading to get their week in the Sun. It was more a case of us beating them 9-1 over two games last season and still getting pipped to a seat at the top table.
Hope they avoid the drop, but don't think they will.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Jimsbeerbelly

I wasn't to impressed with their summer signings, they seemed to buy all top end Championship players, then add the odd name player from Europe. I know you need to buy a whole new team when going up, but, Malone, Ince?? Not to sure there.

Bill2

Quote from: Texas White on February 04, 2018, 02:30:15 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on February 04, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

I wouldn't wish them anything bad. They beat those cheats from Reading after all.
I feel that is rather sad, their manager always wanted to play football and didn't resort to the tactics we see other teams adopt when we play them. Went up their last season, nice ground and fans.

Wish them luck and hope we play them next season, in the Prem that is.

ffc73

What I find a shame is all 3 sides that were promoted last season are struggling to stay up. They all could come straight back down.

Not anything for us to worry about now. A worry I hope to have this coming August

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on February 04, 2018, 04:07:15 PM
I wasn't to impressed with their summer signings, they seemed to buy all top end Championship players, then add the odd name player from Europe. I know you need to buy a whole new team when going up, but, Malone, Ince?? Not to sure there.

Isn't that a sound strategy if you are trying to consolidate your standing as a club? It was a fluke that they went up. There is no way to replace an entire 18 man squad with Premier Level talent in a season on their budget, no matter how much money comes from the promotion. The other 19 teams they are competing against have it too.

If they fail to stay up, which was the likely scenario at the start of the season, you have a better Championship team than you did when promoted. Seems like a solid way for a club like that to climb the ladder so to speak over the long haul.

Tabby

Quote from: FFC73 on February 04, 2018, 04:43:12 PM
What I find a shame is all 3 sides that were promoted last season are struggling to stay up. They all could come straight back down.

Not anything for us to worry about now. A worry I hope to have this coming August

Half of the Premier League is struggling to stay up to be fair. 9 of the 10 bottom teams within 3 points of each other.

cookieg

Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 04, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

Isn't that a sound strategy if you are trying to consolidate your standing as a club? It was a fluke that they went up. There is no way to replace an entire 18 man squad with Premier Level talent in a season on their budget, no matter how much money comes from the promotion. The other 19 teams they are competing against have it too.

If they fail to stay up, which was the likely scenario at the start of the season, you have a better Championship team than you did when promoted. Seems like a solid way for a club like that to climb the ladder so to speak over the long haul.

Didn't West Brom yo-yo for a few seasons and slowly build a team for mid-table PL? If a team is going to carry out that strategy you probably need to change the manager to suit as well.

hovewhite

aaronmcguigan

If Huddersfield had 3 more points , they could be in 11th. Anything can change in that bottom half , and it's all about runs, momentum, scoring..
At the moment West Brom and Watford have changed managers and haven't improved. Swansea have lost Bony and someone else for the rest of the season now and West Ham have just had a terrible defeat. Newcastle are never far from danger and seem to be their own worst enemy whereas the majority of Southampton fans seem resigned to constant struggle until pellegrino gets the boot.
Not sure about Stoke under Lambert but will probably do enough to survive. Crystal Palace and Brighton are unpredictable but are able to pull off impressive wins when it matters.

All of these teams apart from WBA are 3 POINTS apart. West Brom have 3 wins from 26 and cut adrift. The past few years it's seemed like you need to find 3 worse teams to be relegated rather than being better than all the rest. A lot of self destruct and panic (like us in 2014) can go a long way to determining your fate

MikeW

Just nice to see a new name competing.  Same old dead wood with the Hammers, the Baggies, Stoke even hanging on every year. Would be good to see Huddersfield hanging in there with Bournemouth, Burnley and US next season.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: hovewhite on February 04, 2018, 06:05:17 PM
I don't really give a monkey's
Always good to get your intelligent insight into the topic of the day 😝
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: cookieg on February 04, 2018, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 04, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

Didn't West Brom yo-yo for a few seasons and slowly build a team for mid-table PL? If a team is going to carry out that strategy you probably need to change the manager to suit as well.

I don't think it is a necessity. Burnley have accomplished Promotion-Relegation-Promotion-Possibly Europe??? all with Dyche as manager too.