more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro or Fonte or Kamara ?

Started by FulhamStu, February 05, 2018, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Burt on February 05, 2018, 08:21:56 PM
Each has their own strengths, and in Mitro we now have an added dimension which is a target man up front and someone who may actually score with a header from corners or set pieces.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Think last time was Ream against Cardiff.

Bracken White

Absolutely delighted that we're in a position to have this discussion! I'd agree that it depends on who we are playing but for Saturday, for me, it would be Mitrovic to start. Also I'd love the idea of a 4-4-2 - Fonte & Mitrovic together with Kamara poised as sub! The only one, I'd add, is not up to scratch from what I've seen is Ojo. Personally, with all the Loans we have, I'd suggest that he goes back to Liverpool - but some may say that's harsh!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Forever Fulham

Truth is, we don't play like your typical Championship team.  We don't bash about.  No boot and chase it, well, not so much anyway.  We are trying, I think Slavisa is trying, to make us play more like the league to which we strive to be promoted.  Maybe I'm wrong  about that.  But it's how I feel anyway.  So much of Fonte's skill set is wasted if he doesn't get service from teammates.  He's not going to bull through any troglodytes.  He's sly, deft, sneaky, quick, a snail darter not a bull moose.  No Zamora he.  He needs service and then he can weave about in tight spaces, wiggle in between, and get his shot off.  He brings a different style as an attacker, and it's different from what current teammates are accustomed.  They're not on the same page with him.  So, mostly without the ball, he contributes in other ways.  If you only count goals by him as the measuring stick of his success on the pitch in these games we're winning, I think you're missing the positive contribution and effect he has on the game.  I would not start Fonte until teammates synch with him. 

The Rock

Send Piazon. He hasn't scored many goals and missed a lot of games.

Matt10

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 07, 2018, 12:14:14 AM
Truth is, we don't play like your typical Championship team.  We don't bash about.  No boot and chase it, well, not so much anyway.  We are trying, I think Slavisa is trying, to make us play more like the league to which we strive to be promoted.  Maybe I'm wrong  about that.  But it's how I feel anyway.  So much of Fonte's skill set is wasted if he doesn't get service from teammates.  He's not going to bull through any troglodytes.  He's sly, deft, sneaky, quick, a snail darter not a bull moose.  No Zamora he.  He needs service and then he can weave about in tight spaces, wiggle in between, and get his shot off.  He brings a different style as an attacker, and it's different from what current teammates are accustomed.  They're not on the same page with him.  So, mostly without the ball, he contributes in other ways.  If you only count goals by him as the measuring stick of his success on the pitch in these games we're winning, I think you're missing the positive contribution and effect he has on the game.  I would not start Fonte until teammates synch with him.

Well said, completely agree with this.

toshes mate

Sums up the situation better than I could have put it.  I also believe the syncing you mention will be done almost automatically as patterns develop and players have more decision making time.  One thing we did very well last season was to slow games down at times in order to make our possession count.  I think a fully fit TC makes that much more likely to happen.

Twig

But isn't there a contradiction in this? You say Fonte is a different type of player and that his teammates aren't in synch with his style (ok I get that). But SJ has very clearly succeeded in coaching those same teammates to play a thoughtful, passing game. As you say we don't bash and chase, and we are playing his preferred style pretty damned successfully. So my question is, what will it take for our other nine outfield players to get in synch with Fonte's particular style and what he needs to thrive? Because I can't see how they can do too much more.

MrFFC

Am happy we have the 3 of them. Ayite aswell if needed up there. For me the starting forward will be Mitrovic. I expect Fonte to be 2nd choice with Kamara 3rd. May be wrong but that's my prediction. Shame as I like Kamara think he has good talent
Come on you Whites!! :)

Chutney

I feel like Fonte will start, Mitro will need time to get up to full fitness, I think Fonte also deserves it right now as he has improved so much from the first half of the season, he links up beautifully with piazon.
C O Y W

Twig

Quote from: Chutney on February 07, 2018, 01:49:00 PM
I feel like Fonte will start, Mitro will need time to get up to full fitness, I think Fonte also deserves it right now as he has improved so much from the first half of the season, he links up beautifully with piazon.

Fonte links up beautifully?  Ok each to their own but i heven't seen too much beautiful anything from him yet.

hovewhite

Quote from: MrFFC on February 07, 2018, 01:35:33 PM
Am happy we have the 3 of them. Ayite aswell if needed up there. For me the starting forward will be Mitrovic. I expect Fonte to be 2nd choice with Kamara 3rd. May be wrong but that's my prediction. Shame as I like Kamara think he has good talent
I think your correct but AK is a menace from the bench,also I believe a couple of years on he will be a pivitol player for our team!