watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro or Fonte or Kamara ?

Started by FulhamStu, February 05, 2018, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

I am sure Slav will continue to play 4-3-3 with one central striker ahead of 2.  Sess seems undropable even when not at his best and currently Piazon is ahead of the rest but huge competition for those inverted 2 wide attacking spots.

The central striker role is now one of Mitro, Fonte or Kamara.   All are totally different.   Mitro is that old fashion centre forward who will always be in and around the penalty area and is big and strong enough to hold off defenders and provide a target.  Fonte is a great runner who puts in a lot of work but lacks strength needed in the Championship, technically good and a great team player. Then you have Kamara who has power and pace and tends to wonder around and I imagine very difficult to defend against.   Difficult one for me but I would start Mitro and then have Kamara as my finisher to use Eddy Jones Rugby term.   If you need a goal keep Mitro on and add Kamara or if you want to just blast them away at the end add Kamara for 20 mins as Mitros replacement. 

Not sure I can see an obvious role for Fonte but he is clearly a player with qualities and would be on my bench, maybe coming on to fill the no10 role if needed.

ToodlesMcToot

I'd trust Slav to make the best decision but.....

At the moment, I don't know how one can trust going away from the formula that has proved so potent for us recently.....allowing Fonte to run the defense ragged for the majority of the match and then put on the goal scorer (Mitro or Kamara) who best fits the situation and need.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Neil D

Mitro needs game time to get match fit but I'm not sure he can play 90mins yet.  Maybe 60/30 Mitrosevic/Kamara or vice-versa...

filham

And then of course there is Ayite___________________ .

Difficult to see which one is first choice, I think I would go for Kamara but isn't it a luxury to have four players for one position.

grandad

Nice conundrum for SJ. Just be thankful we did not recall Woodrow. Not that he would get a sniff.
Where there's a will there's a wife

choice_of_ends

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 05, 2018, 02:27:06 PM
I am sure Slav will continue to play 4-3-3 with one central striker ahead of 2.  Sess seems undropable even when not at his best and currently Piazon is ahead of the rest but huge competition for those inverted 2 wide attacking spots.

The central striker role is now one of Mitro, Fonte or Kamara.   All are totally different.   Mitro is that old fashion centre forward who will always be in and around the penalty area and is big and strong enough to hold off defenders and provide a target.  Fonte is a great runner who puts in a lot of work but lacks strength needed in the Championship, technically good and a great team player. Then you have Kamara who has power and pace and tends to wonder around and I imagine very difficult to defend against.   Difficult one for me but I would start Mitro and then have Kamara as my finisher to use Eddy Jones Rugby term.   If you need a goal keep Mitro on and add Kamara or if you want to just blast them away at the end add Kamara for 20 mins as Mitros replacement. 

Not sure I can see an obvious role for Fonte but he is clearly a player with qualities and would be on my bench, maybe coming on to fill the no10 role if needed.
That's pretty clear: Mitrovic, as he is our only centre forward with all capabilities you need in English football - in particular in Championship. Then it's Sess and Piazon on the wings, with Kebano and Ayite as backup. For me it's rather 4-2-3-1. I don't see Kamara and Fonte in Starting XI. The only option to play Fonte or Kamara would be alongside Mitrovic in a classic 4-4-2 in order to create space for Mitrovic.

colinwhite

Dont Forget that when Fonte plays Piazon doesnt actually play as a winger,but keeps coming in from his side. They have a decent partnership and I believe Slavisa thinks they work well together. Having fonte brings out the best in Piazon. If he goes for Mitro we May well see Piazon in another role .
Kamara is going to be the joker in the pack when needed I would think.

Burt

Each has their own strengths, and in Mitro we now have an added dimension which is a target man up front and someone who may actually score with a header from corners or set pieces.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Twig

This is the second thread to discuss this.  In my view it depends on the opposition and whether we are home or away. They each have their strengths.  Mitro does not look ready to start yet so impact sub for two or three games then we will see.  For the upcoming game against Bolton away I would probably favour AK and try to use his strength and pace but if SJ prefers Fonte then who am I to argue?

irishfulham

Quote from: Burt on February 05, 2018, 08:21:56 PM
Each has their own strengths, and in Mitro we now have an added dimension which is a target man up front and someone who may actually score with a header from corners or set pieces.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Last time a direct header was scored from corner from my memory was smith last season first game at home to Newcastle but I stand to be corrected

HatterDon

isn't this sort of like "which striker starts against Bolton?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Quote from: filham on February 05, 2018, 04:01:08 PM
And then of course there is Ayite___________________ .

And then of course there is Kebano _________________ .

toshes mate

Another thread which is demonstrating how encouraging our window was - all three players, and not just Matt Targett, looking like they could play major roles for the rest of the season.  Targett has already provided an extra dimension as he has a very solid overall game, is pretty nippy too, and should reduce the risk of counter attack panics down our left flank.  He gives all three attackers, and the midfield, a much clearer spectrum of opportunity and he has only played one and a half games!  The options that will appear over the next few games may see not so much Malone's ghost but Targett's bull's eye as those crucial training sessions develop new ideas and new opportunities to exploit by way of Ayite and Kebano to name but too.  Can see TC already salivating at the prospect of a return to full fitness as the options provided by Targett, Mitrovic and Christie materialise over the next few weeks or so.  Hopefully we are going to see arguments on here so much less able to pinpoint who'll play where and when....

No wonder SJ has been smiling since the window shut....   

We Are Premier League

Fonte for me.

Kamara is a great sub if there is space behind their back four, and Mitro if they are sitting deep...

VicHalomsLovechild

I'd start Fonte and Lucas then bring on Nitrovic (help with match fitness) and AK to (I so wish) terrorise the opposition defence.

Horsfield_No9

If all fit it has to be Mitro starting with AK as the impact sub.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

gerrys

Quote from: choice_of_ends on February 05, 2018, 04:30:27 PM

Then it's Sess and Piazon on the wings, with Kebano and Ayite as backup.

How about Ojo.....and even Christie, for that matter.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: gerrys on February 06, 2018, 10:51:47 AM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on February 05, 2018, 04:30:27 PM

Then it's Sess and Piazon on the wings, with Kebano and Ayite as backup.

How about Ojo.....and even Christie, for that matter.

injured and a fullback

Baszab

What's more interesting is who starts up front against John Terry - Wayne's toughest opponent

brightster

It just shows you the strength and different options we now have for the rest of the season. This could be our year now to go up! COYW