watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

False Optimism

Started by Peabody, September 21, 2010, 08:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Lots of  "we are going to win tonight" before kick-off. Where's Lighthouse when you need him 1- 0 down and not looking as sharp. Oh well

SmithyFFC

FTID

Jimpav

The smart money was on Stoke the moment they were drawn at home.

Go on Fulham, surprise us for a change.

WhiteJC

JBH

Keep the faith, we don't start playing until we are 1 - 0 down at half-time this season  :clap_hands:

Jimpav

If we win this match I don't know what I'll do. Probably tuck into a large slice of humble pie.

LBNo11

...well I tipped Stoke 1 Fulham 3, so it is still possible.

Keep the Faith - and curse Wolves...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

You managed to curse Wolves Ed so let's hope that we get the 1-3 next.

Fernhurst

Yeah quite right LB -- we do appear to be missing him badly tonight.

Stoke sound as if they are winding up for a 2nd---- come on Fulham --  3 quick ones

BigDaddyAt

:doh:  2nd tally...game over....the stream makes it sound as though we are playing dreadfully.  Is it really as bad as it sounds?

JBH

Once again Schwatzer flaps at a cross, get fit soon Stockdale, the Aussie has lost it.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 21, 2010, 08:44:18 PM
Fulhamish  :clap_hands:

I think this phrase is quite overused. Not being able to win away is not Fulhamish, it's a joke, a complete joke. We're supposed to be a solid premiership outfit but again we'll be relying on our home form to ensure that we won't go down this season. It's completely ridiculous. We should be going to places like Stoke and Blackburn with confidence and a genuine chance of winning, but if we're all honest most of us knew we'd lose tonight. It's not good enough saying 'The Britania's a notoriously difficult place to go', nowhere is easy to go to, but this needs to be urgently addressed otherwise we'll be falling the rest of the pack. If this place didn't have the sophistication it does, and if I wasn't banned from the Offal, I'd be swearing my nuts off. So so frustrating.

Jimpav

you've hit the nail on the head Brede.

I draw the line at labelling our away record embarrassing but its discomforting at best.

We can rule out any cup success until we can be confident of playing away from the Cottage and be sure of having at least a chance of winning.

Peabody

Who remembers some years ago now, we were 2-0 down at Middlesborough, into injury time and we drew 2-2. I know, Iknow, clutching at straws

SmithyFFC

Can't believe I was so optimistic at the start of tonight. It's gonna be a long hard season from here on.
FTID