watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any LGBT Fulham fans?

Started by StevenageRd, February 06, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

Whatever your sexual orientation is, race etc - everyone is welcome at football games across the country.  I just don't think that this post is necessary nor is it considerate as I'm sure some people on here may not agree with the LGBT movement as a whole as it is, and has been used as  a political tool in recent times. If we could please refrain from rendering football forums into politicised domains I for one would be very grateful. It's one of the few places where we are free from political ideologies of which we may or may not agree with.

MikeW

Why do we need to have groups and sectors etc?  Can't we all just rock along together?  I hugged a bloke in the JH stand once who I had never met in my life.  He was also black.  It was after Peter Beardsley (rather ironic) had scored a goal for us. We just looked at each and burst out in laughter!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Quote from: southwest6 on February 07, 2018, 11:36:55 AM
Whatever your sexual orientation is, race etc - everyone is welcome at football games across the country.  I just don't think that this post is necessary nor is it considerate as I'm sure some people on here may not agree with the LGBT movement as a whole as it is, and has been used as  a political tool in recent times. If we could please refrain from rendering football forums into politicised domains I for one would be very grateful. It's one of the few places where we are free from political ideologies of which we may or may not agree with.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 07, 2018, 11:39:40 AM
:plus one:

Absolutely Agree, otherwise it's a slippery slope, no need to go down that road.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Bit harsh. All the op was trying to do was reach out to people. The reason why lgbt movement is politicised is because historically they have been treated unequally, hence they need pressure groups to fight their corner.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Andy S on February 07, 2018, 09:02:12 AM
God we are all Fulham supporters does anything else matter. One of the rules is no politics but if you start a  page for LGBT's then how about Tory Labour greens and Lib Dems. It all starts to get very silly

Not trying to be controversial, but a board for heterosexuals as well
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

epsomraver

God we are all Fulham supporters does anything else matter. One of the rules is no politics but if you start a  page for LGBT's then how about Tory Labour greens and Lib Dems. It all starts to get very silly
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 07, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Bit harsh. All the op was trying to do was reach out to people. The reason why lgbt movement is politicised is because historically they have been treated unequally, hence they need pressure groups to fight their corner.

Agree SWT there are plenty of groups for LBGT  out there without dividing football forums, not interested in what other posters do in their private lives and it should not matter either , same applies to players, why should they have to "come out" all pointless to me

Bokonon

I love the extended irony that is this thread. An innocuous ask of "any out there with my interests?" leads to a bunch of grousing unrelated to the simple query.

Put another way, if the OP had asked "are there any other Canadian FFC supporters/fans out there?" Would the response have been the same (I would wager not).

Anywho, hope the OP is not dissuaded from future participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Bokonon on February 07, 2018, 01:51:10 PM
I love the extended irony that is this thread. An innocuous ask of "any out there with my interests?" leads to a bunch of grousing unrelated to the simple query.

Put another way, if the OP had asked "are there any other Canadian FFC supporters/fans out there?" Would the response have been the same (I would wager not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Prod

I think I unwittingly hijacked StevenageRoads post. Just wanted to find out the opinions about whether other pages would lead to more inclusion or allow like minded Fulham fans an opportunity to discuss stuff not strictly pertaining to what happens on the pitch. Disabled fans for instance.
Anyway I apologise to SR for the misappropriation.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Bokonon on February 07, 2018, 01:51:10 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think anyone is grousing.  And the Op's perfectly acceptable question has led to a (very slightly) rambling discussion, just like most threads on this board.  No-one has been offensive or shouted anyone else down.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: epsomraver on February 07, 2018, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 07, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Agree SWT there are plenty of groups for LBGT  out there without dividing football forums, not interested in what other posters do in their private lives and it should not matter either , same applies to players, why should they have to "come out" all pointless to me

epsomraver - who exactly is trying to divide this football forum?

cmg

If we had a separate 'very silly' section it would certainly dramatically streamline the main board.

StevenageRd

I was just asking if there was any other LGBT fans on here, out of interest, to connect with. Obviously not!

Will stick to the footy.

Cheers.

WokinghamWhite

Stevenage Road - I'm gay. Been a Fulham supporter for years, travelled to loads of away matches (including Hamburg) and never heard any homophobia *ever*. Well that's not quite true - I heard someone try to start some homophobic nonsense at the friendly against Brighton we had last summer (or was it the summer before?) down at Aldershot. Didn't get anywhere, which is exactly what I'd expect.

In terms of organizing an LGBT group, I'd join but I actually agree with some of the other comments here that it's not such a big deal any more to most people - but I'm in favour of anything that can persuade LGBT supporters that football stadiums aren't full of homophobia (I know some people who still think that's the case) and - just as important -  encourage gay players to come out because professional football really does seem like a throwback to the 1970's.

To those who think that this is like having political party supporters, I'd point out that nobody chooses to be gay - comparison with an ethnic minority supporters group would be about right because nobody chooses the colour of their skin or the country they were born in.

Twig

Quote from: StevenageRd on February 07, 2018, 02:29:02 PM
I was just asking if there was any other LGBT fans on here, out of interest, to connect with. Obviously not!

Will stick to the footy.

Cheers.

You made a perfectly reasonable request, don't be put off by the serial grumps. As Bokonon pointed out, I could ask if there were any other retired fans from Ealing, hardly controversial.

HatterDon

Quote from: Twig on February 07, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: StevenageRd on February 07, 2018, 02:29:02 PM

Will stick to the footy.

Cheers.

You made a perfectly reasonable request, don't be put off by the serial grumps. As Bokonon pointed out, I could ask if there were any other retired fans from Ealing, hardly controversial.

and congratulations on your second post thus graduating from Michael Jackson  049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Any other fat old men who like cake out there? I like cake but I don't want to get into hard core recipes or discuss the finer points of flour. Problem comes once you have such a wide variety and age group of readers. Some will be fitness fanatics, some who are old enough to remember when cake was on the black market and others who think biscuits and cake should be kept in the cupboard.

By asking the question one must accept the complete cross section of opinion and ignore it. Everything is politicised nowadays. Just eat your cake and enjoy it. Actually that sounds like a euphemism but it wasn't supposed to be. I just like cake. LGBT fans tend to be very health and body fitness minded. That is why I don't really understand that community. The only good LGBT fan is an unhealthy one. Then I can have something besides football in common with them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill dando

Does craven cottage open it's doors and also it's ladies lavatory doors to men who dress as women !??!
made in essex

KJS

Personally I don't give a Monkey's what anyone's leaning is if your a Fulham fan then that's all you need to be so please stop making an issue out of something that is apparently only an issue to LGBT's  049:gif