watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any LGBT Fulham fans?

Started by StevenageRd, February 06, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenageRd

I've supported Fulham for a good few years and never really known any other LGBT fans.

We're a friendly club and the usual derogatory tripe on social media is always promptly shot down by Fulham fans, which is another reason I'm proud to be a white.

Don't necessarily want to start the usual debate about having a supporters group (which clubs are increasingly starting), but just wondered if there is a quiet community of us.

COYW.

HatterDon

We've had a few here over the years, but I haven't seen any of them in a while. We've also lost almost all the women who used to post here regularly. I hope you do stick around and continue to contribute. Welcome!  076.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JoelH5

There's a few guys who are very active on Twitter. Nice blokes
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham 442

We've had a few here over the years, but I haven't seen any of them in a while. We've also lost almost all the women who used to post here regularly. I hope you do stick around and continue to contribute. Welcome! 

A nice welcome message but I don't think women in general fit into the specified category!

HatterDon

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 06, 2018, 09:25:28 PM

We've had a few here over the years, but I haven't seen any of them in a while. We've also lost almost all the women who used to post here regularly. I hope you do stick around and continue to contribute. Welcome! 

A nice welcome message but I don't think women in general fit into the specified category!

I didn't say they did. That's what the "also" was about. If they fit into "the specified category," I wouldn't have needed the "also."

Fulham 442

Yes the also is most definitely key!

HatterDon

I guess it would have been simpler to say that FofF isn't as tolerant and welcoming as it once was.

terryr

Personally I'd  thought the world had moved on.
I certainly don't care what anyone is.
If they're a fan they're like me and subject to the highs and lows of the mighty FFC and sailing this boat together.
I can't imagine caring who is what and whether a poster is a woman, gay, transgendered , white , black , Asian,Christian or.. the list could be endless!
All are welcome.
Onward to victory  #7 (in a row) is the only relevant thing in my mind.
Oh and despising QPR is on the list too!

COYW's!

bobbo

What does LGBT mean?

Please
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: bobbo on February 07, 2018, 07:55:25 AM
What does LGBT mean?

Please

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender

Not to be confused with a Subway sandwich.

Sorry StevenageRd - just a non homophobic joke

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: TerryR on February 07, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
If they're a fan they're like me and subject to the highs and lows of the mighty FFC and sailing this boat together.
I can't imagine caring who is what and whether a poster is a woman, gay, transgendered , white , black , Asian,Christian or.. the list could be endless!
All are welcome.
Oh and despising QPR is on the list

COYW's!

Recently I've picked up the reading bug again. The current book is to do with Cubism its roots and the artists involved. As it involves quite a few people I've been cross referencing those mentioned as I've been reading and it got me thinking about groups. Is it important to belong to a group or more important just to see ourselves as part of a whole? I'm undecided personally but don't have an issue with anyone who wants to belong to anything as long as it doesn't adversely effect anyone else.
The Club have had an American following for a number of years now (and have taken a fair amount of stick on here over the years) There have been Japanese and Korean fans when Inamoto and Seol played for us.
Stevenage Road did mention he didn't want to start the usual debate about a separate supporters group but I wonder what the members of FOF feel about separate boards within FOF for different groups of Fulham fans. Be they young, old, male, female, crossgender, locals, exiles etc etc.
The current Exiles page isn't used much but does that prove its not worth the effort or should FOF trial different pages to increase the numbers here and look to grow support for FOF and the Club generally?

toshes mate

I would suggest this is something that could be raised by Fulham Supporters Trust (FST) on behalf of the OP to put on their agenda as a question at an appropriate meeting with FFC. Pride in Football and others are pushing to raise the profile of such groups.   

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: toshes mate on February 07, 2018, 08:12:46 AM
I would suggest this is something that could be raised by Fulham Supporters Trust (FST) on behalf of the OP to put on their agenda as a question at an appropriate meeting with FFC. Pride in Football and others are pushing to raise the profile of such groups.

That's one route Tosh but StevenageRoad was asking if there was anyone on here from the LGBT community.

toshes mate

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 07, 2018, 08:34:59 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 07, 2018, 08:12:46 AM
That's one route Tosh but StevenageRoad was asking if there was anyone on here from the LGBT community.
I do take your point and agree with it.

terryr

I'd rather have one board, so we can hear what everyone has to contribute.
It is football board afterall and I'm unsure that splitting up different boards would be a good idea.
I suppose there could be a good reason for some segmentation but frankly I'd hope everyone would still contribute to the main board.

bobbo

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 07, 2018, 08:04:13 AM
Quote from: bobbo on February 07, 2018, 07:55:25 AM
What does LGBT mean?

Please

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender

Not to be confused with a Subway sandwich.

Sorry StevenageRd - just a non homophobic joke
thank you slaphead in Qatar.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Andy S

God we are all Fulham supporters does anything else matter. One of the rules is no politics but if you start a  page for LGBT's then how about Tory Labour greens and Lib Dems. It all starts to get very silly

FFCAli

Quote from: Andy S on February 07, 2018, 09:02:12 AM
God we are all Fulham supporters does anything else matter. One of the rules is no politics but if you start a  page for LGBT's then how about Tory Labour greens and Lib Dems. It all starts to get very silly
:plus one:
OP  -  do post again so you stop being a Michael Jackson!

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: FFCAli on February 07, 2018, 09:16:55 AM
Quote from: Andy S on February 07, 2018, 09:02:12 AM
:plus one:
OP  -  do post again so you stop being a Michael Jackson!

Not necessarily the Jags board for instance has several other pages. One for everything except politics and religion and a page for politics. Works for them.
You have a point though. Those that felt inclined could belong to a number of different boards on any subject that interests them.
In answer to TerryR the last three posters on the Exiles page. Love4FFC, Lyle and YankeeJim all post on the mainboard as well as if not more.

JoelH5

Quote from: TerryR on February 07, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
All are welcome.
Oh and despising QPR is on the list too!

COYW's!

Exactly this...

There are probably posters on here who post regularly who haven't felt the need to publicly announce what their sexuality is on FoF.

Who cares what anything anyone is? We're all the same, Fulham fans.
I was there, standing in the Putney end