more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Bolton

Started by terryr, February 08, 2018, 11:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Updated Below

Not much across two different forums but what I found I have posted. They don't fancy 3 points but  many believe given their home form they can manage a draw.

" Is it this Saturday?"

"1-1 "

" I'd be quite happy if we pick up another point. 1-1 "W

" Good team Fulham, avoiding defeat would be a victory so to speak "

" They have won SIX league matches on the trot so a draw would be monumental
We will poo um 3-1"

"We've only lost 1 of the last 10 home games (flipping Burton!). 6 wins and 3 draws, we're becoming a tough place to visit - let's hope it stays that way on Saturday, like most others a draw would be a cracking result IMO. "

"  2-0 Bolton.....Fulham are rubbish away"

" Same number of away points as Bristol City and Cardiff so still beatable "

" Always a draw home to Fulham! "

" Fulham most in form side along with Villa at the moment.
Expecting them to really dominate possession.
But I honestly think we can beat anyone at home.
Think it will be 2-2 "

" Bogey team in the PL, we never seem to beat them, can think of the odd win at home but they always seem to be a pain in the arse "

" I'd be happy enough with a draw in this one. Fulham are on form and for the past couple of decades have been a bit of a bogey side, not quite so much at home admittedly."

" ot so much at home but they've still put the dampeners on us a couple of times

Last day of the season when we'd won 7 in a row they turned up and won, season we went down we were showing signs of life after winning 3 in a row then they turned up and twated us 3-0
And that game where they scored in first and last minute and wouldn't let us touch it in between
Add to the fact we never win at their place in the league its fair to say they're a pain in the arse
1-0 clough "

" 2 injury time goals against 10 man Barnsley won their last away game - hopefully their free flowing football isnt suited to playing battlers
Edited by Biggish Dave, Today, 07:27 AM."

" Is this not a must win game like the must win games that we did not but are still doing ok ? "

" We've only beaten them once at home in ten years. Home record this century is W5 L4 D7. Five of those draws were 0-0. "

" I'd take a point now win and I'll be popping the champagne as they've way more class than us, in tremendous form and we rarely beat them. "

" 0-2 "
" 3-1"
"100% nailed on draw no doubt"

"  They are a really good side. Play good football. I do worry where our goals come from. Will be tight, either a draw or they'll narrowly win it. "

" We need to do like we did against Bristol City and keep breaking up the play.  Staying in the game is also vital.
Granted it would be a good point
With 3 aways on the spin after Fulham, we would need at least 3 points on the road I reckon."

" For all they battered us at their place we had chances, and our biggest threat was Armstrong. "

" Always going to be a tough one this, but with the loan signing of Mitrovic Fulham are more dangerous than ever now. Fulham are on the up - they've had 5 straight wins and will be confident of beating us.
Our lot will have to play out of their skins again to get anything from this, but I'm hoping that home advantage may give us the draw. TBH anything from this and Tuesday's away game at Cardiff would be a result IMO."

" Mitrovic is nothing special - that's why he's been loaned by Newcastle to Fulham.
Fulham are on fire though and are the most inform team in the division over the last six games.
They are scoring freely and keeping clean sheets.
Hard to see past a Fulham win (maybe even a hammering) but here's hoping.
My heart says 0-0 my head says 0-3 for them."

"Mitrovic would bully our defence, lucky us that he doesn't seem to be in the best of shape right now"

" Would he really?
Yes he was a £13 million buy for Newcastle but he didn't keep them up.  In the Championship last year he got just 4 goals from 25 leagues appearances and Benitez - who was desperate to strengthen the team - rather take a punt on  Slimani on loan from Leicester who only has 1 goal in 12 league games this season.
Fulham were flying before Mitrovic's loan and I doubt he would start against us anyway.
This being football, no doubt he'll score a hat-trick against us - but I doubt we'll see much of him in the game in all honesty.
As Kane (Chris) says above, Sessegnon is the one to watch - certainly one for the future.
(Don't forget to give Tim Ream a cheer on his return)."

" Looking forward to seeing this Ryan Sessegnon lad in the flesh - he looks absolutely brilliant.
I'll take any result that isn't a taterin'"

" Fulham are full of goals this season,but,I still feel we can come out of this one with at least a point. Two points from Fulham/Cardiff games would be OK by me.
Anything more would be a bonus."

" Bolton 3 - 0 Fulham
Ameobi
Clough x 2"

" You have the score correct just the wrong team.
I cannot see us getting anything from this game unfortunately."

" I think this new found confidence will make a big difference. Having said that, we need a decent game plan, tactics, etc, to drop into place for this game. Something we don't know about yet, but I'll go for the slightly positive, and look for a 1-1 draw, (Clough)"

" Yep its a tough one and yes they are a very good team and in form. However in there last six away games they have lost two and drawn one, losing at Sunderland and drawing at Hull that surely gives us a shout.
They beat an out of form Cardiff best result away at Boro other than Cardiff non of there success was against a team in the top 8. We have a better home record on form than Fulhams away form (last 6 )"

" We will need to score at least twice to get anything from this game I think, hopefully it will freezing cold and wet and they won't fancy it. COYW"

I'll check back tomorrow and post whatever I find if it isn't just more of the same

Updated Below

For the second week in succession we host the Championship's fifth placed team on Saturday, with Fulham being the visitors after claiming fifth from last weeks visitors Bristol City after our wonderful 1-0 victory.

Fulham play their home games within metres of the Thames, a river that at times has its flow to the sea interrupted by the Thames Barrier in order to protect London from incoming North Sea tidal surges. Fulham's current form represents a surge of its own. They are top of the recent form table with five successive wins, and seven wins and a draw from the last eight. All this after a shaky start which belied their pre-season rating as one of the favourites for promotion. Bankrolled by billionaire Shahid Khan, Fulham had the luxury of spending £20m on three strikers in the summer, who have all generally under-performed, and were also able to rebuff £12m bids for midfielder Tom Cairney, and 17 year old left sided star Ryan Sessegnon. Sessegnon looks an outstanding prospect and is currently top scorer with eleven goals. They have also added quality in the January transfer window with £14m Newcastle striker Alexandr Mitrovic joining on loan, alongside defenders Cyrus Christie and Matt Targett.
For us, life after Madine started well last week. Parky showed his adaptability by changing the shape the day before the game to a 3-4-3/3-5-2 system. We looked very solid, limiting a dangerous Bristol City side to just a couple of chances, and thanks to Sammi Ameobi's wonder goal we sneaked it 1-0. It is likely we will see a similar line up again, and maybe a similar game, with Fulham utilising a similar attractive, passing style. Lets hope for a similar result!! COYW,

" I've possibly/probably seen us play Fulham on more occasions than I've seen us play anyone else.
Memorable moments? Bobby Moore getting sent off in a League Cup replay at Burnden in 76 and being followed off by all his stroppy mates. I was 10.
That is all!
As such, and in preference, this weekend I'll be running around in Jersey with a bandaged knee."

" Feel this will be one game where we will definitely miss some physicality up front. Fulham are a good side and have some very good players in. I think normally we'd have a chance of bullying them out of it. Harder when we'll have to play a game we're less suited to against a side who are far better at it than we are.
The adrenaline of the occasion helped against Bristol City. Fascinated to see how we fare in the cold harsh light of day sans Madine.
Big test. A point would be decent."

" Need some physicality up front to deal with who? Tim 'dandelion clock' Ream? Reet oh!"

" Precisely, a physical striker would have unsettled them."

" Flippin eck, Zachary could blow a kiss at Timmy Ream and it'd probably knock him over."
" We haven't got one, whether we need one or not.
Anyway, with our big lump free side, whether they be bogeys or snot, I predict we'll devastate the fxckers 2-0"

" We have three big lads we can send forth when needed. Sort out our set piece mode and remember how well it worked last season between Wheater and Beevers goals-wise."

" Hows about forgetting about Madine and concentrating on those we have? He's gone, we've paid our tax bill and Clough's back (for now, at least) ."
"Iles: "Buckley (hamstring), Darby (head injury), Wilbraham (calf) and Burke (back) all doubts for Fulham game"
File under "we'll manage"

" Fulham are my (our?) bogey side. I must have seen us play them several times in the last 5 decades and can only recall 1 win. A 3-1 win at the reebok under Todd.
Memorable 'disasters';

1978 - 0-0 draw. We lift the 2nd div title but couldn't beat them
1983 - we're unbeaten in 13, pulling ourselves clear of relegation then we lose 0-1 to them at Burnden . We win only 2 or 3 games more all season and get relegated.
2000 - we're utterly destroyed by Tiganas wonderful side in a flattering 0-2 defeat. Still, to this day, the best display ive seen by an away side at the reebok.
2011? - Damien Duff tears us and Marcos Alonso a new one in a 3-0 gubbing
Away this season we put in an excellent counter attacking performance before a last minute goal gives them an undeserved point.
1-0 win. Sammi strikes again

" Whether you remember it or not, we've beaten 'em eight times since the millennium  :D They fell to sides managed by Allardyce, Coyle, Lennon and even Lee; on the other hand Megson drew two and lost two, while Doogie's death warrant was signed by a flaccid 4-0 at Fulham – if memory serves, we had Tim Ream lost in central midfield while Prufrock stabbed himself in the eyes with forks."

" Fulham have two wingbacks that can run the length of the pitch in 10.5 seconds. I'll take a draw right now."

" Be interesting to see who's going to cope with wonder boy Sessegnon. Big double page article on him in the Sun today. He'll need some watching. I'd love a win, ( it could happen, we're the home boys) but for once a point might be a realistic aim."

" Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for Jan and PFA Championship Player of the Month for Jan. The lad's on fire. I hope we stick Wheats on him as I think he'll make a bit of a knob out of Beavers.
Won 10 of their last 14. Some going. I think I'll be happy with a point here too."

" He's a left wing back isn't he? Isn't he the one who can do 100M in 10 seconds or something ridiculous?
Seems to be a view that Fulham might nick the second automatic promotion spot as fans of the opposition they've played recently have all said they are a superb side. And they've added in January.
Going to be very tough. I'd be delighted with a point."

" They play 4-2-3-1. He started the season as their left back, but has moved onto the left hand side of the attacking three behind the striker as the season has progressed. Ryan Fredericks who plays right back is one of those 10 second flyers. Wasn't sure that Sessegnon was that quick, they had Scott Malone, now at Huddersfield, at left back last year who was also super quick.
Their winning run has to come to an end at some point :)
To be fair, they haven't been winning convincingly every game. Barnsley had them 1-1 after 90mins in their last away game despite playing the second half with ten men, before Fulham scored twice injury time. They won at Middlesbrough with a penalty in the fifth minute of injury time, and they were 1-0 down after 65mins at home to Ipswich, before scoring 4 in ten minutes after Ipswich had a man sent off. Clearly a very good side, opposing managers were saying that before this run of results, but not impossible for us to get something. Should be an interesting watch."

" I keep saying we'll get dicked. So I'll say it again
1-3"

" They've one of the best attacks in the league and we've one of the worst defensive records - so on paper we're poo out of luck. On grass, we're probably still going to struggle; but sod it. We need to go out there and spoil the game in midfield and find a way to deal with Sessegnon and Cairney. Little has the pace and energy to live with Sessegnon. We'll find out if he's also got the ability.
They've also got Cyrus Christie and Ryan Fredricks, who have some of the best assist rates from crosses in the league. You'd hope our centre backs will be good enough in the air to deal with that, though.
I'm not hopeful, but they're beatable."

" Hope the brass monkeys are out as bad as today. Those southern er, gentlemen may be slighly affected by the Hill climate; it ain't called Winter Hill for no reason...Well, I'll grab any straw that gets us a win. "

" Mitrovic is likely to have his first start.
His out of the blue transfer came about because of a social media comment from his old mate the Fulham boss.
All may be sweetness and light, or there may be discord in the camp.
We live in hope."

" We won't beat Fulham, we're playing well, but so are Fulham and they're our bogey team.
Bolton 1 Fulham 2"

" its almost two years since I actually expected a home defeat... lighten up mo fo's; we've been in worse situations and won. we have confidence, motivation and the crowd behind us..."

" Hate games against Fulham
Home - nailed on boring 0-0 in poo weather and a poo crowd
Away - nailed on narrow defeat but a good day out
Going against the grain here - 1-0 us and quite entertaining as they are a good side"

" Confidence should be high after Bristol.  Back to back wins for me."

" We'll just edge it, 1:0"

" id take any kind of positive result.
Ream OG for us"

" Fulham have sold just over 800 for anyone thats arsed "

" ken will be
another 24k in the pot!"

" Good effort for them, that. "

" Bloody excellent for them. "

" Best following since they beat us in 2000 2-0"

" They were unbelievable that day. I think we touched it at kick off and once or twice afterwards "

" Fulham at home always reminds me of a time when it was a 12.00 Sunday kickoff after I'd been at the warehouse project, kicking on through until I had to get a rail replacement bus from manc to horwich.
Horrendous.
0-0 "

" Worst recent Fulham memory, they regularly stunk the place out in the 70s, was a couple of days after a UEFA away in the sun
Sunday by the river
Freezing "

" Th'only time I've been to flum was in the cup run under Coyle.
Highlight was the burger van outside selling Aberdeen Angus burgers on focaccia and a group of lads wandering through the park in the sun singing
I wanna go home,I wanna go hoooome, Fulham is quite nice still wanna go home! "

That's it for this week! COYW's 049:gif

Fernhurst

Thank you Terry, always look forward to your round up's
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tabby

Quote from: TerryR on February 08, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
"  2-0 Bolton.....Fulham are rubbish away"

Needs to update his facts. We've been mediocre at home for the last 2 years, but good away.

Sgt Fulham

Seem an honest bunch. Has to be an away win really, but knowing the championship who the hell knows.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 08, 2018, 01:47:27 PM
Seem an honest bunch. Has to be an away win really, but knowing the championship who the hell knows.

So true...... been getting a bit too excited about what could happen over next fortnight.
The whole shooting match is most likely to go right to wire, so gonna concentrate on CALMING DOWN.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

tommy

I love the statement "I honestly believe we can beat anyone at home. Prediction 2-2." 😂

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

Pretty fair and realistic, with one or two silly exceptions.  Seem a reasonable bunch.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 08, 2018, 12:32:34 PM
Thank you Terry, always look forward to your round up's

:plus one:

092.gif

Fulham Tup North

Good comments. Nice to hear other supporters praising our style of football.
They seem to like Sees as well 😁⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

terryr

SP

I have no idea what the score will be but I'd love Tim Ream to score today.