watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'd give young Sess a rest

Started by BedsFFC, February 10, 2018, 06:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Not because he's tired but because he is something special and is getting targetted and getting no time. His touch is not quite on song in the last 2 games.

Having said that, if TC starts playing I will not say that as when he is on the pitch he takes much of the pressure and gives other players more time.

Mince n Tatties

Don't entirely disagree with you.
He still a kid for all his prowess.

filham

We can afford to rest Sess. as we have options in that position,

MikeW

Would any other side other than us have bought Christie and then not played him?

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

HV71

Quote from: MikeW on February 10, 2018, 07:00:02 PM
Would any other side other than us have bought Christie and then not played him?

To be fair we have been on a winning run so why change the team ?

res

Why bring him in now, in the middle (I hope) of a long unbeaten run? Provides cover, and competition, for the back 4 (we're bound to get an injury or a suspension before the end of the season). Lots of premature moaning about the lack of signings as the January transfer window was coming to a close, now some are moaning that the players we brought in should not have been brought in.

Woolly Mammoth

We cannot do much about the result today, that's football for you. But we can do a lot about what could happen next Saturday against the Villians. We get 3 points means they do not get any.
This is where our energy and thoughts should be.
It can be a smooth road to stay in the top six or a pot filled road, or a combination of both.
But it's the same for everyone.
Bolton were fighting for their lives, and would obviously be doing anything and everything to gain an edge. They weren't going to lie down for us.
We let them off the hook unfortunately.
But ask yourselves man for man, are we better than Villa. If you think we are as I do, then as we begin the match with one point, we only need another two to win it and send them back home gutted.
Imagine how they feel the prospects are of coming to our ground to get a result. They won't fancy it, that's for sure.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EJL

He should be allowed to make mistakes and recover from them in the first team. It's not like Arsenal where Wenger plays kids like Iwobi and fails to rest them/shield them from criticism in a cut-throat atmosphere. We can afford to play Ryan and let him ride it out. He's not even playing badly, either. I remember the last time people suggested he gets rested and he hit form soon after (might've even been the Sheffield United hat-trick).

colinwhite

BedsFFC

Just slightly off tangent. Something I have noticed as the season has gone on.

In the early part of the season, Sess was targeted as a potential weak link. Something to expose.

Now, he's being targetted to stop him.

Subtle difference but it really shows his development this season before our eyes. As a fan of both FFC and young players, it's fantastic to witness him develop first hand.

res

Quote from: EJL on February 10, 2018, 11:09:31 PM
He should be allowed to make mistakes and recover from them in the first team. It's not like Arsenal where Wenger plays kids like Iwobi and fails to rest them/shield them from criticism in a cut-throat atmosphere. We can afford to play Ryan and let him ride it out. He's not even playing badly, either. I remember the last time people suggested he gets rested and he hit form soon after (might've even been the Sheffield United hat-trick).

I suggested he should be rested the day before his hat trick at Sheffield so I'm keeping quiet about him now.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 11, 2018, 08:55:07 AM
Just slightly off tangent. Something I have noticed as the season has gone on.

In the early part of the season, Sess was targeted as a potential weak link. Something to expose.

Now, he's being targetted to stop him.

Subtle difference but it really shows his development this season before our eyes. As a fan of both FFC and young players, it's fantastic to witness him develop first hand.

Good point.

Now Targett is playing (and playing well) Ryan has to adjust to his new role and partnership. Resting won't help that.

MJG

Maybe the plan for the season of moving him from back to forward and back again that has upset so many people has been seen to be the right way to use him?
Now two games into him being employed as an out and out wide man and people are talking of dropping him. Two weeks ago that would have been laughed down.
Just the views of a long term fan

BedsFFC

Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2018, 11:05:35 AM
Maybe the plan for the season of moving him from back to forward and back again that has upset so many people has been seen to be the right way to use him?
Now two games into him being employed as an out and out wide man and people are talking of dropping him. Two weeks ago that would have been laughed down.

Mike, I certainly wasn't suggesting dropping him in the traditional sense. Just a bit of player management. He may need to come on as sub a couple of times just to ease a bit of the glare.

He's been player of month, appeared in big Nike ad in space of a few days. He's in the spotlight like never before and he's a child. Just man management that's all I was suggesting

toshes mate

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 11, 2018, 09:24:18 AM
Now Targett is playing (and playing well) Ryan has to adjust to his new role and partnership. Resting won't help that.
In my opinion this is spot on.  A very different set of puzzles and potentials are offered to and by both players and the partnership is bound to take a little time to settle down, but it has already produced a goal for the young Mr Targett and there is no reason to believe the young Mr R Sessegnon will not benefit sooner rather than later.  Our left flank seems to be seen as the dangerous one by opponents and that can be dealt with by exploiting the other flank a little better than we are doing.

MJG

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 11, 2018, 11:40:04 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2018, 11:05:35 AM

Mike, I certainly wasn't suggesting dropping him in the traditional sense. Just a bit of player management. He may need to come on as sub a couple of times just to ease a bit of the glare.

He's been player of month, appeared in big Nike ad in space of a few days. He's in the spotlight like never before and he's a child. Just man management that's all I was suggesting
I understand that and not really aimed at yourself but more general. But I do think if we had gone with him just as a left winger from day one, he would nit have been as effective as he has been. Pressure on him now in that position more than ever.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Never understood why we purchased Christie, no way can we drop Fredericks.

res

Quote from: filham on February 11, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

See above comment...we don't buy, the Board is harangued, they do buy and they still get harangued

RaySmith

Quote from: res on February 11, 2018, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: filham on February 11, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

See above comment...we don't buy, the Board is harangued, they do buy and they still get harangued

Surely good to have  quality competition for places, presumably Christie knew the situation before he agreed to come here. His chance will come.

RaySmith

Re Sess - what do you think the player would like to do - play every game, or not play?- let someone else   play in his place who might  then stay in front of him for that position?

He's seemed in top form this season, since moving up onto the wing, getting Player of the Month.
The players are constantly monitored for signs of  mental of physical fatigue, so why drop him if he's OK, and  thus risk dropping points?