more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christie, please not again

Started by DevonFFC, February 21, 2018, 10:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 22, 2018, 11:45:07 AM
Unbelievable that anybody could say he had a good game, constantly gave the ball away and offered nothing going forward. Our goal was a shambles from them not a good assist.

I'm sorry but what on earth are you on about? Constantly gave the ball away? What twice? One bad touch and cross all game. As someone else said used good footwork to weave out of at least two tight situations. Made at least one memorable crucial tackle and better than Fred in the air. Got mixed up with Odoi on one occasion but the communication will come in time.

The assist was class. Outside the boot. Poor defending, sure but that doesn't detract from the quality of the assist. I can't believe how quickly some posters are to dismiss some new players, especially one giving a decent first account and assisting our only goal.

MrFFC

Think Christie had a decent game. Is he as good as Fredericks? No my for me especially at RB but I think he could do a job infront of him as we see with the goal he has good feet & a decent delivery
Come on you Whites!! :)

EastEndWhite

Quote from: davew on February 21, 2018, 10:29:39 PM
Quote from: SG on February 21, 2018, 10:23:56 PM
FFS  :doh:
+1, I waited at least 6 games to write off a 9m player and have done so ever since, Christie is allowed a lot more games yet before I write him off! I think Joka should have kept the same team from the week-end, it's posted on another thread. The inquest about the team selection tonight will no doubt gather pace as the night rolls on especially after we didn't win, but then we didn't lose either and we are still 5th!

That was very generous of you!

EastEndWhite

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 22, 2018, 09:45:28 AM
Stupid post and compounded by further comments from the OP

This player may or may not be as good as the current first choice RB and a comparison is valid but please make a more intelligent assessment.

:plus one:

b+w geezer

I wasn't there and have just viewed highlights, including a classy assist from him.
According to the stats of the match, his passing success rate was lower than we expect in that position (69% instead of 77% from Fredricks). Apart from that, the OP's problem does not translate into measurables, but seems semi-contradicted.
Was responsible for 3 of our 31 losses of possession.
Made 9 of our 52 clearances (Odoi 11, Ream 8)
Won 6 aerial duels  (Baker and Flint 7 each, Ream 4).

Max Headroom

complete nonsense to write a guy off so soon. I didnt think he had the best of games, but his assist was fantastic and undoubtedly won us the point as we were second best last night. First game in a new team/nerves. come on guys.... give him a chance.

ealex40

:plus one: What is wrong with some people?
Next they'll be judging a player from how they performed in the prematch warm up.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Max Headroom on February 22, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
complete nonsense to write a guy off so soon. I didnt think he had the best of games, but his assist was fantastic and undoubtedly won us the point as we were second best last night. First game in a new team/nerves. come on guys.... give him a chance.

Nogood "no need to add anything to this, isit" Boyo

MJG

Quote from: ealex40 on February 22, 2018, 05:31:52 PM

:plus one: What is wrong with some people?
Next they'll be judging a player from how they performed in the prematch warm up.
seen that on these pages.
Just the views of a long term fan

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Max Headroom on February 22, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Totally agree, ridiculous. There were plenty of people who did not have their best games - TC, Odoi, Sess, Piazon...his contribution was arguably better than their's and it was his first 90 minutes FFS.
Quark, strangeness and charm

jeremyfulham

What ? His cross for the goal was an exquisite piece of skill ! Is this a wind up post ? Are you a supporter?  Get behind a debutant if you are.  COYW

filham

I am sure we will see Fredericks back in the team against Wolves but I am not going to be hard on Christie for a while, more assists like last night's and we could end up singing his praises.