Main Menu

Murphy Contract - Its In 'Shoot' So It Must Be True

Started by White Noise, September 22, 2010, 10:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.shoot.co.uk/news/latest_article/C52/latest_news/murphys_law/

Murphy's law

Wednesday, 22/09/2010

Fulham midfielder Danny Murphy will sign a new deal at Craven Cottage this week, potentially extending his playing career till the age of 36.

Murphy, who is 34 next March, captained the Cottagers to their first European final in May and has been offered a new one-year deal, with the option for the club to automatically extend it.

Murphy is the latest player to be offered fresh terms at the West London outfit.

Defender Chris Baird signed a new three-year deal last week, Bobby Zamora and Dickson Etuhu penned extensions at the start of the month, while Simon Davies agreed a new deal last month.

* Murphy played in Fulham's 2-0 Carling Cup defeat to Stoke last night.

FatFreddysCat

Just go all out to sign Charlie Adam, cant believe Blackpool got him for half a mill, absolute quality. Murphy is in steep decline.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 22, 2010, 10:48:05 AM
Just go all out to sign Charlie Adam, cant believe Blackpool got him for half a mill, absolute quality. Murphy is in steep decline.

Blackpool are skint and will go down this season, £5m should do it.

TonyGilroy

Not in my opinion.

I don't care how often people say it I see no decline in Murphy. He bosses the team and provides great leadership.

That Hughes wants to give him a new 2 year contract suggests that he sees that.

Lighthouse

Is Shoot still going? I used to keep all my old Shoots in my attic. But had to rid myself of them along with all my Goals.

How sad that is on so many levels.

I am buying the collections of TV 21 now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamwannabe

fulham4prem

As much as I like him,I think a 1 year contract would have been enough.He is already at the stage of his career where he is taken off early due to fatigue.

fulhamwannabe

even hi
Quote from: fulham4prem on September 22, 2010, 11:50:18 AM
As much as I like him,I think a 1 year contract would have been enough.He is already at the stage of his career where he is taken off early due to fatigue.

even his hair is gone,come onnnnn

BestOfBrede

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 22, 2010, 11:13:02 AM

Not in my opinion.

I don't care how often people say it I see no decline in Murphy. He bosses the team and provides great leadership.

That Hughes wants to give him a new 2 year contract suggests that he sees that.

I agree - he can still turn a game in our favour with 1 pass. I also thick he will a great trainer or manager at some point and I think it would be better here than elsewhere!

RidgeRider

I think it is good news. I'm sure Mr. Mackenzie has a longer view of what is needed beyond this season and if Murphy is signed to a contract for more than a year they see value in his leadership and his playing abilities. Fulham may also see Murphy in a mentoring role for the younger players as well. This maybe more difficult for us to judge on the outside looking in. Even if he fades physically, he will be a huge asset to younger players coming into the squad who may in fact replace him. I think this is a great move.

White Noise

The cultural architects cultural architect?

The most influential and important player in the dressing room?

The perfect bridge between management and players?

A man for all seasons?

The man who would be king?

Nuff said?

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: White Noise on September 22, 2010, 04:52:48 PM
The perfect bridge between management and players?
i think putney bridge is more useful than danny