watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham full back Ryan Fredericks has speed to terrify any defence

Started by notonfire1226, February 26, 2018, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notonfire1226

when i first saw him i thought he was just a right back who had pace , however over the years he got better at crossing , marking , and tackling. When i saw him against wolves he gave it his all , sort of like scott parker. It will be great if we can keep him . heres what the daily mail thinks of him

Fulham full back Ryan Fredericks has speed to terrify any defence... if he can get his passing and mentality together he will be the full package

• Ryan Fredericks has come through under the radar as Fulham's pacey full back

• The 24-year-old possesses speed in attack as well as a good defensive brain

• But the Fulham defender needs to work on his passing

By The Secret Scout For The Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 22:35, 5 October 2017 | UPDATED: 23:46, 5 October 2017

Our scout is a top football expert who attends matches each week searching for the next star. He'll bring you his verdict in Sportsmail.

This week, he has sniffed out Ryan Fredericks, currently plying his trade at Fulham.

Here is why so many of the country's biggest clubs have one eye of the full back, and what our scout believes he needs to make the grade in the Premier League...

Ryan Fredericks is Fulham's exciting left back who is being courted by the country's top club

WHAT HAS HE GOT?

At 17, Ryan Sessegnon is probably the most talked-about full back in the Championship, with big clubs lying in wait.

But I have also been impressed with the improved performances of his right back colleague Fredericks. The 24-year-old is also a speed merchant.

When his midfield have possession he is always anxious to use the space in front of him to run on and receive a pass. Once in the midfield third he is rapid in reaching the 18-yard box.

Unlike some full backs, who only break forward on the outside of their midfield colleague, Fredericks sees the opportunity to go on the inside at times. This tactic can surprise the opposition.

In a recent game I saw, he ran forward with the ball at least 50 yards to play a pass into the front man and it is this that can sometimes bring goalscoring opportunities.

The 24-year-old (right) possesses the speed and strength every full back needs

RYAN FREDERICKS: AGE: 24

CLUB: FULHAM

POSITION: FULL BACK

VALUE: £2m

2017-18 APPS: 11

GOALS: 0

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

His great efforts to reach good advanced positions are often spoiled by his lack of composure after a speedy run.

He needs to slow down at that vital moment and pick a player out. His passing is satisfactory but he can be impetuous and also gives the impression of getting irritable when refereeing decisions go against him.

To sum up: speed is his forte, tackling is a strength and his passing can improve. A calm head in the final third will make the difference.

But is often frustrated with his refereeing decisions and still has work to do with his passing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4953608/Fulham-s-Ryan-Fredericks-pace-terify-defence.html#ixzz58D8oehEV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Slaphead in Qatar

One our most potent weapons.

Improves his crossing a bit then he will be Kyle walker standard

Mince n Tatties

Can't believe that he got so few votes on MoM, I thought he was by far the best player on the park against Wolves,and that included their lot as well.

colinwhite

Fair summing up by the mail, but not exactly extensive research. Slavisa has improved him enormously. I think his composure is improving and he is avery important player for us. We missed him against Bristol as his pace can get you off the hook when other players are caught high up the pitch when teams hit us on the break, as he showed on several important occassions against Wolves.

RaySmith

I was really impressed with his defending against Wolves, and this had previously seemed a bit of a weak spot - well, you can't have everything, I thought.

But he saved us many times , getting back and covering, using his pace, which makes it  very hard to get past him,
and he has become a very good tackler and  blocker.

Are Fulham's coaching staff responsible for his improvement ?

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 26, 2018, 05:45:43 AM
Can't believe that he got so few votes on MoM, I thought he was by far the best player on the park against Wolves,and that included their lot as well.
V wolves, thought he was the stand out player all round defensively and offensively.thats why I voted for him and expected a lot more to do the same.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: RaySmith on February 26, 2018, 06:03:59 AM
I was really impressed with his defending against Wolves, and this had previously seemed a bit of a weak spot - well, you can't have everything, I thought.

But he saved us many times , getting back and covering, using his pace, which makes it  very hard to get past him,
and he has become a very good tackler and  blocker.

Are Fulham's coaching staff responsible for his improvement ?
Undoubtedly he's improved from coaching. He has been here a while snd it's only the last 2 years that he's improved his crossing and all round decision making. Will be a real shame if he leaves now.

MJG

Biggest issue for me when he arrived was stamina. Not to mix that up with fitness as some do. At around the hour m,ark he was shot and lost concentration and made mistakes.
He has improved that over last two seasons. He has upped his game. Still very wild with his crossing and especially his shooting but he has improved.
The biggest factor now is he has competition in Christie. That's what you need sometimes is a player breathing down your neck. We have spent good money on him and it was telling what Joka said last week about him. But RF remains the man with the shirt and he needs to keep up those performances before he signs for WHU.  ;-)
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

Question is, is he playing so well for the team or a move to a bigger club. I would like the club to do all they can within their pay structure to keep him. If he wants silly money then there is nothing the club can do about it.
Once again Malone was an unused sub for Huddersfield. Take note Freddo.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HillingdonFFC

Brilliant against Wolves, his pace is phenomenal but Ream best player on the park for me. One of the best performance I've seen from a central defender in years

VicHalomsLovechild

Anybody think the rotation Tuesday night had anything to do with it?

Carborundum

The big improvement for me is that he doesn't get clattered nearly as much.  In his first season the narrative was:

RF to fullback: " I'm going to make you look slow and hopeless"
fullback to RF:  " Rightho, if that's the way you want it"

So we got treated to high impact football, decks hit at full pelt, red mists descending and three week injury absences.

I doubt he's got faster than his first season, but I'm sure he has got much smarter. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 26, 2018, 09:14:01 AM
Anybody think the rotation Tuesday night had anything to do with it?
The same thought had crossed my mind, but Fred had been doing really well before the Bristol game so probably not.  I think Christie's height was a bigger factor (no pun intended).
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

I think his game is very physically demanding - up and down the pitch  at full pace all game, and this may also make him susceptible to  knocks and niggles, so I think he may have been rested at Bristol, with Christie seen as a decent replacement.

Maybe  a combination of playing Christie for height, and to rest Fred.
Anyway, Fred  was at his peak against Wolves.

supersimmo123

It may be that competition for places is there now. Before Freddo knew Odoi was never going to start there unless he was injured. He now has a hungry and quality bit of competition in Christie which means his levels have to up and and be consistent.

toshes mate

I suspect all the 'conspiracy theories' about Fredericks's improvement in the past couple of seasons have a certain truth to them but I thought, as a Championship full back, he was excellent last season. I especially remember his contributions in the latter half of the season when I thought he added more control and thought to his advanced wing play and produced some crosses and cutbacks of real class. He has continued to improve this season too and why shouldn't he?  He is playing a similar game to last year but in a different side and with some different partners ahead of him and we could ask how much these partners influence or change his game.  I like the more controlled edginess he now shows when opponents try to rile him.  Demonstrates to others that he is not to be messed with by getting the better of them consistently during a game.

Obviously there are many and varied reasons for his improvements but I am delighted that whatever his thoughts are about his future he is not letting these affect his play.  He is certainly a valuable asset which the Club would do well to protect, short, medium and long term.   At 25 years of age he will be looking to better himself.   

bill taylors apprentice

I have written several posts about him lacking a football brain, his poor delivery etc but in recent weeks he has stepped up a level in all aspects of his game culminating in Saturdays performance.

Perfect? No. who is but a great asset.

Twig

His crossing and his football brain have certainly improved but for me the key area is the improvement in his defensive work. He tracks back quickly and puts in some excellent and well timed tackles. Not an easy player to get at any more and prevents the opposition getting much joy down their left side.

bobby01

Quote from: hovewhite on February 26, 2018, 07:01:22 AM
V wolves, thought he was the stand out player all round defensively and offensively.thats why I voted for him and expected a lot more to do the same.

I voted for him as well I thought he was excellent, but mind you Fonte wasn't playing,  :hook: 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

grandad

After all what the Mail said they only value him at £2 mil. If the club were able to get him to sign a new contract he would be worth at least £10 mil. He should do the decent thing & sign & if he still wants to do a Malone at least we will get decent money for him.
Where there's a will there's a wife