watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Going to Derby this Saturday

Started by Allestree andy, February 26, 2018, 12:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Off to see us against Derby this saturday with my son and his friend, never been to pride park before, have just spoken to the ticket office and they have sold over 1,500 tickets, and think it could reach 2,000. is it a good stadium for away supporters and whats it like getting there and leaving (going by coach from motspure park).
what is the parking like around motspur park.

thanks
To the limit and beyond

bill taylors apprentice

The ground is in a business park on the outskirts of the City.
Very similar to Middlesbrough's Riverside stadium.
Plenty of parking around the stadium so the coach will probably drop you in what they like to call the Plaza!

bog

All who were Fulham supporters on May 14th 1983 will think revenge is sweet when served as an away win in a promotion run in when Derby County are one of our rivals....

092.gif

Whitesideup

It's a good, modern stadium that you'll enjoy, but in the middle of nowhere. We found one pub about 10-12 minutes walk away, but it was rammed with Derby supporters  (see what I did there?) and ended up walking into town.

Chesh

Anyone know (for sure) what time the coach(es) from Craven Cottage (not Motspur Park) leave on Saturday?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Allestree andy

i believe theboth coaches leave their respected venues at 9.30 but not sure
To the limit and beyond

davew

Quote from: bog on February 26, 2018, 02:55:59 PM
All who were Fulham supporters on May 14th 1983 will think revenge is sweet when served as an away win in a promotion run in when Derby County are one of our rivals....

092.gif

+ 1, a lot of memories from that game, all bad!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Yet another top six six pointer, each match seems to get more important than the previous one.
Good to know we have a lot of fans going and I hope they enjoy the journey home.

Wingnut

Going to this one myself but I am worried about the bad weather that is coming our way. The worst of it is going to hit on Thursday and Friday.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Chesh

Quote from: Allestree andy on February 26, 2018, 04:49:31 PM
i believe theboth coaches leave their respected venues at 9.30 but not sure
Thanks Andy, someone said the same on TiFF. I just need to see if my wife can take over the kid's football duties on Saturday morning (need to tread carefully lol!) and will probably go by coach - boring though that normally is!
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Baston White

Checked weather for Derby area earlier today and it showed no sign of the snow.
So 3 tickets purchased and looking forward to Saturday.

grandad

Quote from: Baston White on February 26, 2018, 06:59:34 PM
Checked weather for Derby area earlier today and it showed no sign of the snow.
So 3 tickets purchased and looking forward to Saturday.

Forecast for Saturday is 40% chance of snow & a high of 2C.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baston White

Hi Grandad,

According to the BBC website, weather forecast for Saturday is light cloud and breezy.
Max temp 3 degrees.
That wasn't what I expected as I've seen the national forecast on tv.
Booked tickets on that assumption.

hovewhite

9-30 the coach leaves the cottage,just hope southern rail aren't playing up service wise from Brighton.

Joe5

May 1983 !! Was it that long ago as that was the one and only time I have been to Derby,
Until this Saturday when my son and me will be travelling to Derby from Witham in Essex to Follow FFC.
FFC

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Allestree andy on February 26, 2018, 12:46:02 PM
Off to see us against Derby this saturday with my son and his friend, never been to pride park before, have just spoken to the ticket office and they have sold over 1,500 tickets, and think it could reach 2,000. is it a good stadium for away supporters and whats it like getting there and leaving (going by coach from motspure park).
what is the parking like around motspur park.

thanks

Re the parking at Motspur Park. Not good directly outside the entrance, best to park near the station level crossing in the road that runs up the side of the training ground, it's West Barnes Lane.