watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If second place isn't meant to be !

Started by Riversider, February 26, 2018, 04:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

(And let's hope it is, though I can't see it)
Who would we rather go up with Wolves to make our challenge in The Play Offs easier,
For me it has to be Aston Villa, yes we beat them comfortably , but let's face it they had some major players missing including Jonathan Kodjia who is due back in May,
Take Villa and Wolves out of the play off equation and we must surely be the team to be feared, and there are literally no teams for us to fear,
But I must admit I did feel the same last May when I saw the Play Off line up !
The only nagging concern I have is this, in our long history we just don't win the all important games when it matters , will this be the year it all changes ?

Kent Cassandra

If we don't go up automatically then it is essential we get third place to give us a better chance.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Andy S

One game at a time and see what happens

Milo

If we don't get it I'd like to see the back of the shrewd managers. I.e. Warnock and Cardiff.

I fancy us beating sluggish Villa, Derby seem to implode at the important times thankfully... which leaves me very worried about Bristol City.

I thought they played better than us last week.

filham

The possible play off line up is looking tough much harder than last season when I really expected to beat Reading.

Having said that I expect the other teams will be hoping to avoid Fulham.

This season's play offs are going to be exciting matches but a lotterry. That second automatic place is becomming invaluable, it would be great if we could sneak it.

MJG

I know people think they are out of it but Sheff Utd could be the surprise for 6th and the final.
Just the views of a long term fan

BedsFFC

Well, if it isnt going to be us in 2nd, I hope that this becomes clear, sooner rather than later. I also then hope that Aston Villa and Cardiff go neck and neck until the final game putting their strongest teams out.

I think our biggest issue last season was tiredness. We looked absolutely knackered against Reading. Huddersfield were able to take the last few games fairly easily resting players

gang

Quote from: MJG on February 26, 2018, 06:16:56 PM
I know people think they are out of it but Sheff Utd could be the surprise for 6th and the final.

I have the same feeling about Middlesbrough.

copthornemike

One of the posters above makes an excellent point about our team looking tired in the play offs last season. Wagner resting players in the last few matches before the playoffs was on reflection good management (although the recent rule change will make this more difficult).
Tiredness, injuries and suspensions may be as, if not more important, than who we play!

HV71

If we could get through to the final - then my belief is that we could beat anybody. Our style and pace would destroy any team on such a pitch

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on February 26, 2018, 05:31:59 PM
One game at a time and see what happens
The only comment I have read that makes sense.  Who knows what the next dozen games for every team are going to do to the table?

colinwhite

The problem with the plays offs is that if you get aloose ref like the one from the Brsitol city game anything can happen. It makes it abit of a lottery.

hovewhite

Play off wise,we need to learn to win a play off game before winning the final, walk before we run so to speak.As good as we are we all know it's not a given.

JoelH5

We don't play well against the long ball, physical teams like Bristol and Cardiff
I was there, standing in the Putney end

simplyfulham

We'd do Cardiff easy. We've taken 4 points off them this season (should have been 6) and Sess scores against them for fun.

It's currently Derby that worry me, a lot of playoff experience in that side and we have a poor record against Rowatt.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: copthornemike on February 26, 2018, 07:51:21 PM
One of the posters above makes an excellent point about our team looking tired in the play offs last season. Wagner resting players in the last few matches before the playoffs was on reflection good management (although the recent rule change will make this more difficult).
Tiredness, injuries and suspensions may be as, if not more important, than who we

We can easily rest Fredericks, Bettinelli, Ream, Cairney with Button, Christie, Odoi and Norwood who have all played 20+ league games and all them forward players are all interchangeable to an extent: Ojo, Piazon, Sess, Kebano then Mitro, Fonte, Kamara etc.
For the first time in many a year at Fulham, resting players does not mean weakening the team 

Milo

Quote from: Newry FFC on February 27, 2018, 12:05:57 AM
Tiredness, injuries and suspensions may be as, if not more important, than who we

We can easily rest Fredericks, Bettinelli, Ream, Cairney with Button, Christie, Odoi and Norwood who have all played 20+ league games and all them forward players are all interchangeable to an extent: Ojo, Piazon, Sess, Kebano then Mitro, Fonte, Kamara etc.
For the first time in many a year at Fulham, resting players does not mean weakening the team 

So the q is when do give up on 2nd? When do we start to rest players at the expense of points

The Rock

Quote from: Milo on February 27, 2018, 12:41:51 AM
Quote from: Newry FFC on February 27, 2018, 12:05:57 AM

So the q is when do give up on 2nd? When do we start to rest players at the expense of points

Last few games if the maths impossible. We'll know.

I agree with most on here; I'd rather play Villa or Wolves, instead of a PNE or Bristol City. This is rugby, not football isn't nogoodboyo wherever you are?

Bassey the warrior

I fear for us in the play offs. We have to go for 2nd.

hovewhite