more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 Down, 4 to go.......

Started by Baston White, February 26, 2018, 06:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Yeah I know - one game at a time.
7 points from the last 9 is fantastic so what about the next four prior to the international break?
4 games in 14 days.
Derby (Away).
Sheffield Utd (Home).
Preston (Away).
QPR (Home).

How many points would you take now?
I would take 8 from 12.

filham

In spite of our good form the next three look really tough.
A point from each of the away games and wins from the home games would give us 8 points and keep us in the top six, that would be great.

However, just now all, concentration must be on the six pointer against Derby, A win there would be so valuable.

Denver Fulham

Barring an extreme rash of injuries, we're going to make the playoffs. I wouldn't sign for 8 points from 12, because we'll likely need more than that from these four matches to legitimately challenge for second.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ProfficerFFC

10 pts to have a shot at top 2, otherwise 7 would be perfectly OK for top 6.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 26, 2018, 06:56:16 PM
At least 12 points minimum.
To make top 2 it's got to be 12 pionts, agree 100%

St Eve

I think 14 points would surprise a lot of people

YoungsBitter

Quote from: hovewhite on February 26, 2018, 08:48:26 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 26, 2018, 06:56:16 PM
At least 12 points minimum.
To make top 2 it's got to be 12 pionts, agree 100%
Cardiff play Brentford away, then  Barnsley, Birmingham at home, Derby away, Burton home. Thats minimum 9 points for three home games and arguably on current form 11-15. We have to win the next 4 just to stay in the hunt.
The good news is that after Burton Cardiff play Villa, Wolves, Norwich and Sheff Utd - the last two away.

In simple terms we need to be winning most of the rest of the games and drawing if not. We are play off bound if we lose and Cardiff and Villa win.
They are currently 8 points ahead of us so at the end of the next 5 games
Quark, strangeness and charm

General

Our form is win draw win draw.. whilst we're unbeaten in 12 and have done remarkably well in our last two home games we should  be a bit more practical with our expectations. These are tough games and not to be taken for granted. Hard work is required for all four. I don't believe any of us should be doing anything other than taking it one game at a time. First derby - had their own blip in form but are above us for a reason based on season form and we need to do what we did to villa and wolves to Derby to maintain momentum and push for 2nd. I love the idea of Wembley but practically I'd take 2nd over seeing us risk playoff uncertainty. We deserved to get to the final over reading last year and for some ridiculous refereeing decisions didn't have a chance.. we have to put promotion to the premiership in our own hands.

RaySmith

Al the team can do is go into every game  aiming to win, then prepare for the next game.

The Rock

The goal is automatic promotion. 10 from 12 minimum.

We're that good; what a difference 5 or 6 players can make.

Texas White

12 points and we are on track to win the league. Points only good for the playoff spots. I don't want playoffs, but either way "I believe"