watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli

Started by Benny, February 26, 2018, 09:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Anyone notice how vocal Marcus is during the game?

I've heard him every week since he's been selected in the first 11 in the Hammersmith & JH stand. After the game on Saturday I watched the Championship highlights and could also hear him giving orders from the back.

This was something I never saw and heard when Button was between the sticks.

I think having Marcus in goal has improved the communication of the back 4 and midfield a lot.

res

Quote from: Benny on February 26, 2018, 09:01:47 PM
Anyone notice how vocal Marcus is during the game?

I've heard him every week since he's been selected in the first 11 in the Hammersmith & JH stand. After the game on Saturday I watched the Championship highlights and could also hear him giving orders from the back.

This was something I never saw and heard when Button was between the sticks.

I think having Marcus in goal has improved the communication of the back 4 and midfield a lot.

Definitely has improved communication and general defensive awareness. I suspect he's good in the changing room, geeing people up. He also gives the impression of being a "Fulham" man. So, better than Button but that's not to say that Button did a bad job...he was OK and unfairly criticised as he had many good shot stopping games.

snarks

The Sky commentary team actually made a comment about this saying

"The view from the club is that Button is marginally the better keeper technically, but that Bettinelli is more vocal and organising"

Now I have no idea how they know that is the clubs view but I take that bit with a pinch of salt, the rest I probably agree with.

bog

Why is there no chant that he s one of our own? Against Forest he made three brilliant saves at 0-0.

092.gif

snarks

I prefer the chant I saw when Mitro scored ... "He's one of our loans...."

colinwhite

Agreed .you cant take it away from him he has made a big difference as results clearly show.

Twig

Quote from: colinwhite on February 27, 2018, 04:03:10 PM
Agreed .you cant take it away from him he has made a big difference as results clearly show.

I agree and I'm not sure why anyone would want to take anything away from him.  He is Fulham through and through. He was our keeper for our best run last season and again this season. Not sure he has anything to prove. I agree with bog, we should be singing his name loud and proud.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: snarks on February 27, 2018, 02:24:57 PM
The Sky commentary team actually made a comment about this saying

"The view from the club is that Button is marginally the better keeper technically, but that Bettinelli is more vocal and organising"

Now I have no idea how they know that is the clubs view but I take that bit with a pinch of salt, the rest I probably agree with.

I heard this quote, and I didnt understand where it came from. You don't play a worse goalkeeper because he shouts a bit. Also, those of us who are at the majority of games would also disagree with the assertion Button is more technical.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: snarks on February 27, 2018, 03:49:14 PM
I prefer the chant I saw when Mitro scored ... "He's one of our loans...."

064.gif

DevonFFC

He is very clear in his celebratory actions when we score which is great, punching the air and gesturing towards the fans, i like the guy a lot.

hovewhite

Still young as a keeper and will only get better our Marcus.