watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whether or not we get promoted this year

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 27, 2018, 01:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

...due to any one of several occurrences,  'a la' Reading last year.
How much do you think we should offer Newcastle for Mitro and/or Saints for Targett,
if either could be tempted.
They are both excellent CS players and proven PS players and both have slotted in
superbly to our style of play (and seem to be relishing it)

I know some will say this is irrelevant but I refer you to the subject title
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rock

Well, we'd have a lot more to spend if promoted.

I like answering this question without going back and seeing their transfer fees.

Mitrovic 12-18m and Targett 4-6m? Sounds reasonable if their parent clubs saw little in them.

St Eve

If we don't get promoted we won't be offering anything for them. We will be a selling club

FulhamStu

If we don't get promoted Mitro will never agree to come, maybe try for Targett on loan again if we can't sign him.   I think we will sell Sess which will give us plenty of money to spend and stay within FFP. One thing we must do is keep hold of Jokanovic and get next years team in place early.  We have 6 loan players, all who have been important.   To replace these is going to be a huge task.  If we had our current squad in place for last August I truely believe we would be in the top 2.

the nutflush

We will have to pay through the nose if we do get promoted.  Because if we do it will mean that Mitro has scored a bunch of goals therefore inflating his price.  Would love him to come but I can see Newcastle demanding 25m for him.  They won't let him go for nothing.  Can't see it happening I'm afraid.

Horsfield_No9

Mitro will of played in a World Cup by then. Could make it difficult financially. Would love us to try and buy him though regardless of us being Champ or Prem.

I think if we put in a decent offer for Targett they'd maybe let him join, would take a fair amount of money though. 8m? Would we spend that on a LB?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

St Eve

Quote from: the nutflush on February 27, 2018, 08:00:13 AM
We will have to pay through the nose if we do get promoted.  Because if we do it will mean that Mitro has scored a bunch of goals therefore inflating his price.  Would love him to come but I can see Newcastle demanding 25m for him.  They won't let him go for nothing.  Can't see it happening I'm afraid.
Maybe we have an agreed price in the loan agreement

filham

If we get promoted then Targett and Mitrovic will have to be high on out list of needed players, of course their parent clubs will be aware of this and will be looking for big money.

If we don't get promoted they will not wish to stay here and we would not be able to afford them.

Benny

With the way he's playing I have a feeling we may not get a look in on buying him...

I would love to be proved wrong of course.

the nutflush

Its catch 22.  If he scores a boatload of goals we probably have a good chance of going up.  But then another bigger club comes along and offers big $$$ for him and then he's off.  What might help our cause in Newcastle going down and then having to have a fire sale. 

The Rock

Great thread. How much did Newcastle pay for Mitrovic? £20m? Paying whatever they paid with promotion sounds reasonable.

The Rock

Newcastle paid £13m. Fact. I think he's worth it.