watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A little bit early but

Started by Andy S, February 27, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I think we should not think about 2nd spot as it is no achievable. Here is a list of ours plus Cardiff's fixtures to come make of them what you will but I think 2nd spot is not achievable.

Cardiff City
Brentford A
Barnsley H
Birmingham H
Derby A
Burton H
Sheff Utd A
Wolves H
A Villa A
Norwich A
Forrest H
Hull A
Reading H

Fulham
Derby A
Sheff Utd H
Preston A
QPR H
Norwich A
Leeds H
Sheff W A
Reading H
Brentford H
Milwall A
Sunderland H
Birmingham A

Porthogs FC

To be fair, the only game that I'm scared of in our run in is Preston away and Milwall away. Might as well dream.... I'd rather not play a fully healthy Aston Villa in the playoffs.

RaySmith

The main  difficulty is the  points advantage Cardiff have.

I don't think it matters who  they or we play, Cardiff could go on a poor run.

One game at a time- we should  go out and believe we can beat anyone, and we can, but who knows how things will pan out.

Joe5

Quote from: Andy S on February 27, 2018, 02:17:35 PM
I think we should not think about 2nd spot as it is no achievable. Here is a list of ours plus Cardiff's fixtures to come make of them what you will but I think 2nd spot is not achievable.

Cardiff City
Brentford A
Barnsley H
Birmingham H
Derby A
Burton H
Sheff Utd A
Wolves H
A Villa A
Norwich A
Forrest H
Hull A
Reading H

Fulham
Derby A
Sheff Utd H
Preston A
QPR H
Norwich A
Leeds H
Sheff W A
Reading H
Brentford H
Milwall A
Sunderland H

Think you forgot we end our season at Birmingham so could be yet another 3 points.
FFC

Joe5

Still new to this forum posting,
We do finish our season at Birmingham
FFC

Arthur

Quote from: Andy S on February 27, 2018, 02:17:35 PM
I think we should not think about 2nd spot as it is no achievable.

By 'we', do you mean the supporters or the players?

If it's the latter to whom you are referring, I disagree. Aiming for second place should keep motivation and performance levels at their highest level. I accept that we may need to gain as many points from our remaining twelve fixtures as we've taken from our previous dozen, and that the odds are not favourable. But what harm can it do to give it a go, I ask?

toshes mate

We should aim to get as close to the maximum of ninety five points and not consider what other clubs may or may not do.  To start with we have three points to get from Pride Park on Saturday.  Then we assess how we should play the next game and so on.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: RaySmith on February 27, 2018, 03:30:36 PM
The main  difficulty is the  points advantage Cardiff have.

I don't think it matters who  they or we play, Cardiff could go on a poor run.

One game at a time- we should  go out and believe we can beat anyone, and we can, but who knows how things will pan out.

I think our managers mantra of one game at a time is probably the thing that will (and I believe) get us to second spot.
To paraphrase Kipling "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming you for winning. Then you'll be Slavisa Jockanovic my son.

Andy S

Yes I'm not sure what happened to Birmingham. Where I see the trouble is 1 Cardiff have 8 points more than us and 2 we have three London derbies in QPR Milwall and Brentford. They can always go either way no matter where anyone is in the league. Then there are two of last years play off finalists to contend with.  They have both had poor seasons and they could be trying to show that they still have something. But I agree one game at a time could see the situation improve

filham

Yes , 2nd place is looking impossible for us but a play off at Wembley will be a pretty good consolation and if we just keep taking a game at a time who knows what may happen.

Jonaldiniho 88

Realistically after Preston we don't have anyone in serious contention for the playoffs. Brentford and Millwall will be tough and if they both continue until then with good form they may still feel they can make top six. I hope by when we play them that isn't the case as if we go a goal up and start passing circles round them you would hope they would give up. Wishful thinking by me I suppose.

Milo

We need to make up 3 points early and then 5 points is achievable and something to aim for. If it drags on at 8 point gap then we will struggle.

filham

Time to forget all that crystal ball/what if stuff for this week and full concentrate on Derby. It is yet another top six pointer that we need to win. Come on Fulham lets have another good performance.