watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we don't go up this season

Started by Benny, February 27, 2018, 08:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Will next season become a rebuilding campaign with the likes of Sess, TC, KMac and Fred out the door and our loans to return to their clubs? Targett, Kalas, Norwood, Ojo and Mitro

Not to mention the manager.......

We could be a nearly new team next season.

irishfulham

I think we are f***d if we don't go up and will end up like u said with new team prob new manager and low league finish with the chances of going back up gone

The Old Count

Assuming those players mentioned leave, it depends on how the money received for them is spent.  If they do leave priority would be to keep the manager then rebuild.  It would be harsh but not insurmountable.

Denver Fulham

Devil's Advocate: Cairney, coming off an injury-plagued down season, may not leave (or have to leave if we sell Sess). We'd still have something like this, as a base to work off of:

Kamara/Fonte
Ayite    Cairney   Kebano
   Johansen  *Prospect?*
??  Ream  Odoi  Christie
            Betts

Obviously, the roster would need a good number of replacements, but I don't know that we'd drop off that much of a healthier Cairney is kept and then we do a good job in the summer with the Sess money.

JoelH5

We'd have to sell Sess. If we get 50 mill at least we have a chance to properly rebuild and do a Wolves
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham 442

Please let's just live the dream whilst we're still in with a chance!!

hovewhite

Think we would cope personally ,think we would rebuild from a position of strength with ability of squad strong,of course we would need quality additions ,and now Kline's left would trust the transfer committee led by slav.

Andy S

I think we will go up this time around as the experience we gained from last season will be invaluable. Some will believe they can go up on thuggery alone but we will carry on playing our football with the backing of a strong defence and a good addition in mitrovic

Forever Fulham

I really fear the worst if we don't get promoted this time.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 28, 2018, 12:57:21 AM

Hate hate hate to be pessimistic, but have been thinking for a while this crest of wave we are on must break at some point, however, we definitely have enough for playoffs whilst 2nd appears unattainable.
So:
Villa
Derby
Bristol City
Fulham.

Can we do better than last season, I'm not sure. Betting I would go for Villa Derby Final presuming they miss each other in semi.
The ramifications of not going up are horrible to contemplate but face them we must if failure is our end of season end game.   
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Riverside

And if we go up we still have to rebuild .

More chance of keeping some players
More need to upgrade others
And the back ups we have will not be good enough for the premier league .

So either way there will the a summer rebuild .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverside

Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 27, 2018, 09:04:07 PM
Devil's Advocate: Cairney, coming off an injury-plagued down season, may not leave (or have to leave if we sell Sess). We'd still have something like this, as a base to work off of:

Kamara/Fonte
Ayite    Cairney   Kebano
   Johansen  *Prospect?*
??  Ream  Odoi  Christie
            Betts

Obviously, the roster would need a good number of replacements, but I don't know that we'd drop off that much of a healthier Cairney is kept and then we do a good job in the summer with the Sess money.

Even if Cairney goes
Not a bad team
And hopefully at least one youngster could break through
S Sess , Riley , Humphreys , kait , G Williams . De La Torre , Edun ? 

And room for new loans or retuning loans
And significant cash from Cairney and Sess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 27, 2018, 09:26:07 PM
Please let's just live the dream whilst we're still in with a chance!!

0001.jpeg :plus one:

Tabby

It was looking bleak during the Magath and Kit years, now we actually have players that would leave for good money if they go rather than a parade of contracts running out. Even if we don't go up this season, Derby have shown that you can keep a high performance after selling their best players (and they also replaced them for peanuts).

It all comes down to if Slav stays or who his replacement would be.

filham

Fail to get promotion and our loan players will walk away immediately followed by the premiership quality players like Sess., McDonald,Johansen, Cairney and Fredericks.

We may pull in £50m in transfer fees but we have demonstrated in recent years we know how to waste money in the transfer market.

Fail to get promotion this season and next season could well find us in a relegation fight.

MJG

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2018, 09:54:54 AM
Fail to get promotion and our loan players will walk away immediately followed by the premiership quality players like Sess., McDonald,Johansen, Cairney and Fredericks.

We may pull in £50m in transfer fees but we have demonstrated in recent years we know how to waste money in the transfer market.

Fail to get promotion this season and next season could well find us in a relegation fight.
wasn't that predicted this time last year by many?
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2018, 09:54:54 AM

Also a question here, who says Kmac and Johansen are prem quality players? StefJo has never played there and Kmac managed one season with a relegated Burnley. Kmac is also 29 and will be nearly 30. If anything if he goes I see Rangers being his destination and I imagine he'd perfer to stay here and be the captain if Cairney leaves.

Our success if down to a team which fights for each other and is in sync not nessecarily due to individuals (as poor Aluko has found out)

FulhamStu

What ifs, we could end up with another Tigana season or a Magath nightmare.   More likely would need to rebuild for a year, then push on again.   We have many good qualities, incl an owner that will not screw up as badly again, who is extremely wealthy.  Agreed he is keeping the money tight, but that's by choice.   If he wanted, he could spend a lot and add the Sess money, who know what could happen.

You can view things any way you like, best to focus on the now and near future.

I have also heard we have a plan in place already for whatever league we will be in, so that's at least encouraging.

berba

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 28, 2018, 12:57:21 AM

Sometimes we get scared without any reason,because we are not ready yet for this absolute faith. The pleasant feelings that we have come and go. The illumined thoughts which come to our mind appear and disappear. Why? We think that this is inevitable. It is not true.  Àll these "what if" old concepts we must put in a bag and hang the bag in a closet with a label, "Do not touch."

Carborundum

Quote from: Benny on February 27, 2018, 08:20:14 PM
Will next season become a rebuilding campaign with the likes of Sess, TC, KMac and Fred out the door and our loans to return to their clubs? Targett, Kalas, Norwood, Ojo and Mitro

Not to mention the manager.......

We could be a nearly new team next season.

Brilliantly cloaked opening post.  Can't tell whether Benny thinks being a nearly new team is a good thing, a bad thing or just a thing.   Not sure I know either.  If this lot aren't good enough to get promoted, maybe we should be applying the broom to sweep nearly all away.  Worked for Huddersfield, Wolves are getting on fine.  Transition doesn't rule out promotion.