watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pressure is all on Cardiff now

Started by Andy S, March 03, 2018, 06:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Cardiff will be still chasing second place while knowing we are coming up behind should they slip up. That is pressure. How long can they take it for?

Slaphead in Qatar

We can also catch wolves - they are not out of reach

SP

Pleased the game went ahead, didn't want a backlog of matches towards the end of the season.

Andy S

Sheffield Utd will have had some extra days of rest but as we have beaten all the previous lot in the top six they will not relish the trip south to the Cottage on Tuesday

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on March 03, 2018, 06:02:11 PM
Cardiff will be still chasing second place while knowing we are coming up behind should they slip up. That is pressure. How long can they take it for?

The difference between ourselves and Cardiff is that we can outclass opponents, out play opponents, out pass opponents and out run opponents.
They cannot.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffc73

Cardiff just keep winning though don't thay. Cardiff next 4
Barnsley (h)
Birmingham (h)
Derby (a)
Burton (h)

Cannot see them slipping up in those home games

Need a couple of weird results that those threatened with relegation come up with now & again so Cardiff slip up. And we need to keep winning to take advantage
Sheffield United (h)
Preston (a)
QPR (h)
Norwich (a)

Big ask imo

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on March 03, 2018, 06:15:26 PM
Sheffield Utd will have had some extra days of rest but as we have beaten all the previous lot in the top six they will not relish the trip south to the Cottage on Tuesday

That may not be to their advantage overall. As they will have more time to think about and worry about what we may do. Especially now we have extended our lead over them, and acumalated another 3 juicy points. Whilst they have been idol or kicking their heals in light training.
Their schedule has been interrupted, and they have the misfortune of travelling down to Fortress Cottage where we will be waiting for them, like an Octopus 🐙 waiting to consume its unsuspecting prey.

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

I live in Ipswich and spoke to a ST holder about their game v Cardiff and they felt thry were quite average and a bit lucky against Ipswich.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WokinghamWhite

Did anyone else see the interview with Chris Wilder after they lost 1-0 away at Hull? I've never seen an interview like it. He basically said that they weren't good enough to make the playoffs and that he wasn't playing mind-games with his players it was just a statement of fact. Sounds like they're not entirely a bunch of happy campers at the moment. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/26/west-brom-sheffield-united-fans-fear-chris-wilder-could-leave-af/

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on March 03, 2018, 06:59:53 PM
Did anyone else see the interview with Chris Wilder after they lost 1-0 away at Hull? I've never seen an interview like it. He basically said that they weren't good enough to make the playoffs and that he wasn't playing mind-games with his players it was just a statement of fact. Sounds like they're not entirely a bunch of happy campers at the moment. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/26/west-brom-sheffield-united-fans-fear-chris-wilder-could-leave-af/

Yes I saw that interview, and you are right. My understanding is that he is saying he has got them playing above themselves, and he cannot take them any further due to their limitations.

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 03, 2018, 06:54:31 PM
I live in Ipswich and spoke to a ST holder about their game v Cardiff and they felt thry were quite average and a bit lucky against Ipswich.

I thought the same about Brighton every time I saw them last season, but they just kept picking up points. Cardiff have a similar vibe to them.

SuffolkWhite

Yea can see that point Tabby, but I thought we might be the Brighton of ladt season. All to play for COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"