watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor old Arsene Wenger

Started by Southcoastffc, March 05, 2018, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

In all seriousness, it's a shame to see Arsene Wenger in such a situation, even if it's of his own making.  He has done a huge amount to bring 'the beautiful game' to the UK but he's long past his sell-by date now and is bringing mockery upon himself.  His latest unfathomable utterance:
"It's difficult to me to get into any negative assessment. The team needs more support at the moment. Tough objective judgement as well. When you struggle for confidence, it's difficult as well when you have just the trousers on...   It's easy to take the trousers off as well, but when you are naked completely you have to find a shirt and try to put it on again, get dressed normally again."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

These fans of top teams are a joke - so  full of feelings of entitlement.

Wenger has done a great job for them in the past, and even this season - imagine if it was Fulham in Arsenal's position.

Arsenal fans don't know they're born.

grandad

Sad to see a great manager become a laughing stock. He should have retired gracefully at the end of last season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Andy S

I'm not sure how easy it is for somebody of his stature to just move up stairs. Could it be he had got too big to get sacked? How do you get rid of somebody who has done so much for the club over such a long period unless you are totally heartless

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on March 05, 2018, 09:14:31 AM
Sad to see a great manager become a laughing stock. He should have retired gracefully at the end of last season.
Exactly grandad, probably before then.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

Ambition, yes - but no one has a pre-ordained right to success.

Arsenal fans have always considered  themselves and their club to be a cut above this rest.

Woolly Mammoth

The bigger you are the harder you fall.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

It's a real shame. He should've retired years ago.

alfie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 05, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
No sympathy from me. He is demonstrating an unbelievable level of selfishness. If he really cared for the club he would step aside and let someone else have a go.
Selfishness? The guy loves the club, it must be extremely hard for him to just walk away, I would imagine that most people who are going through a tough time at work will try and turn it around, just because it is football does not mean he should be any different, and who's to say the next guy will be any better.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Carborundum

He is poor.  He's spent the last decade ignoring the basic rule of team building : first sort out the defence.  He's now in an inescapable bind, because his entire strategy has been that in the end he will be proved right.  He won't be.  We know it, the players know it and in his most private moments he must know it too.

hopper

That trouser analogy is most bizarre.

Definitely feel sympathy for him, it's difficult to know what's going on behind the scenes and tough to know why he has failed to address crucial failings of the team for quite so long and end up in this unusual situation.

He'll still be remembered as a legend - but this must be a tormenting period for him in life.

Dixie

Look what happened to Manure when Fergie left... I think that for the owners, it's a case of better the devil you know!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

filham

Was there life at Arsenal before Wenger, yes but it was dull and boring. The younger fans are about to experience the sacking of a manager and the bounce created by a new man for the first time, they may then have a long wait for the performances they crave.

Wingnut

Doesn't matter who comes in to replace Wenger, I can't see them winning the PL title any time soon. He should have left at the end of last season when he won the cup. Some of the remarks passed about him on the Arsenal fan channel over the past week or so have been completely over the top. The man has delivered countless trophies, CL football on a consistent basis while they were moving to their new stadium and years of excellent football. Nasty level of arrogance and self entitlement about Arsenal fans. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ron

Quote from: hopper on March 05, 2018, 01:33:51 PM
That trouser analogy is most bizarre.

I remember a certain Mr Cantona going on about pilchards following a trawler or suchlike.
It must be a French thing.

Twig

Quote from: alfie on March 05, 2018, 11:04:42 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 05, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
No sympathy from me. He is demonstrating an unbelievable level of selfishness. If he really cared for the club he would step aside and let someone else have a go.
Selfishness? The guy loves the club, it must be extremely hard for him to just walk away, I would imagine that most people who are going through a tough time at work will try and turn it around, just because it is football does not mean he should be any different, and who's to say the next guy will be any better.

Absolutely, and let's not forget just how many trophies and CL seasons this "selfish" manager has delivered.  Yes, he should have gone last year after the FA Cup win but I can understand why he wanted to see out his contract and turn things around.

SG

It's pathetic how the media go on about a crisis. A football team has lost a few games and could finish in 6th place in the top league. Syria is a crisis, homelessness is a crisis, Arsenal fans think they are entitled to a top four place and are shocked to lose 4 on the trot. About time they joined the real football world like the fans of the remaining 86 league clubs and the myriad of non league clubs