watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, March 06, 2018, 11:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

What a silly old fool am I? Nothing at all too worry about. We were superb and at times reached levels not seen since the Tigana era. After a very good start by them, we then took control and dominated them. Over the moon, glad to be home but my blood sugar is a little high, so I better not eat that celebratory cake. We were quite Awsome tonight.

Fernhurst

Good your home Mr P ..... take it easy. Best game by a country mile and nothing to get our knickers in a twist about.
Now Preston away on the other hand ..........
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

St Eve

Always wait for your posts Peabody. Leave that cake alone and have a very large glass of Bordeaux

Twig

Quote from: Peabody on March 06, 2018, 11:27:51 PM
What a silly old fool am I? Nothing at all too worry about. We were superb and at times reached levels not seen since the Tigana era. After a very good start by them, we then took control and dominated them. Over the moon, glad to be home but my blood sugar is a little high, so I better not eat that celebratory cake. We were quite Awsome tonight.

Said to my wife when I got back that I think this is the most exciting football we have played since the Tigana era. Felt a bit guilty saying it as I wasn't meaning to be disloyal to Roy, but some of our football is sumptuous.

toshes mate

bucksfulham

Got back very late. When we parked, my son asked a Plod if we would be ok  where we were going to park and he said yes. After the game, we found that the car had been towed away. Phoned the pound and they confirmed it was there so we Ubered our way to Lots Road. After half an hour looking for the car the woman behind the window said it had been moved back to where it was originally parked and would have a parking ticket on it. WTF!!! Then had to Uber back and feck me, there it was, with a ticket on it and facing in the opposite direction to when we arrived. Still, it didn't spoil a great win. COYW

Black and White Town

I'd just like to share my heartwarming tale of our journey to the ground which would make the labours of Hercules look like a junior sudoku.

On the tube at Wimbledon, and an announcement comes over that a signal failure at Wimbledon Park means we will be very slow going.
We eventually get to Wimbledon Park about 30 mins later, and the driver now tells us that in fact the signal failure is at Southfields, so we are likely to be at least another half an hour to Southfields. We are getting concerned that we are going to miss a big chunk of the match, as it's already 7:00.

So we get off, hoping to get a taxi. We bump into another Fulham supporter who has ordered an Uber, but as there are 4 of us, plus him, we won't all fit.

Then our hero emerges. A random stranger asks if we want a lift to Putney as he's going that way anyway. A total legend, and we have a nice chat with him in his car. He is a Spurs fan and goes often with his daughter, and is a thoroughly top bloke. Get to the ground at 7:35!

So random Spurs fan, we would not have made the match without you; we salute you. Faith in human nature: restored.

filham

Yes it was a magnificent Fulham performance last night, Jocanovic new they were a good team and was aware, after the 5-4 game earlier in the season, that they could score goals. He set us up to be sure we were able to keep a tight grip on the game for 90 minutes, and not to leave ourselves exposed even when 2-0 up.

Our third goal was so good, right out of an international coaching maual.

Frackleheath

Hope you're feeling better today Mr.P

It must have been the quality of the football that upped your levels - I just wish we wouldn't slip into "game management" mode, we are not too good at it!!

Peabody

Quote from: Frackleheath on March 07, 2018, 04:10:36 PM
Hope you're feeling better today Mr.P

It must have been the quality of the football that upped your levels - I just wish we wouldn't slip into "game management" mode, we are not too good at it!!

Yeah, I'm ok.  Went to the pictures this afternoon, saw The Darkest Hour. Sugar levels. Are back to normal.