watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic self discipline

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 07, 2018, 07:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I think he showed a lot of maturity last night not to retaliate.

Sheffield were clearly trying to bait him with elbows, fouling, verbals.

Stearman who was an abject failure at Fulham was leading the targeting of mitro.

Mitro has done everything right so far. Not sure we will be able to hang onto him, but if his goals power us to promotion he will have done us a huge favour.

ffc73

Unnecessary booking ended his night early though did it not?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: FFC73 on March 07, 2018, 07:16:39 AM
Unnecessary booking ended his night early though did it not?

On the tv it looked a harsh decision

ffcbulgaria

From Hammersmith it looked to me like he lost balance and just went hands first to avoid barging into their player
His reaction suggested the same

F(f)CUK

Looked to me like he deliberately pushed the guy. Fonte was due to replace him and it appeared that they delayed the substitution momentarily so that it did not embarrass him.

Twig

I thought the push was clearly deliberate so I can't agree with the OP. Mitro retaliated and got booked for his troubles.

cmg

The best response to a centre-back sticking an elbow in your face is to stick the ball into the net.....twice!

cmg

...as our centre-forward seems to be explaining here -

MJG

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 07, 2018, 08:23:16 AM
Looked to me like he deliberately pushed the guy. Fonte was due to replace him and it appeared that they delayed the substitution momentarily so that it did not embarrass him.
Was a yellow in my book. Up there with the Johansen shove in the back earlier in season.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: cmg on March 07, 2018, 12:22:07 PM
The best response to a centre-back sticking an elbow in your face is to stick the ball into the net.....twice!
I was right in line and Stearman did it deliberately. Would have been a red if anyone had seen it.
Just the views of a long term fan

bill taylors apprentice

Stearman was/is a clown, couldn't out play his man, couldn't out muscle him so tried to intimidate or wind up the opponent and failed miserably at everything as we all know so well!

Never rated or liked him as a player.

filham

Be prepared for ten other centre halves to follow Spearman's example in winding up Mitrovic, Jocanovic has to spend time to ensure the pot does not boil over during matches.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on March 07, 2018, 08:35:44 AM
I thought the push was clearly deliberate so I can't agree with the OP. Mitro retaliated and got booked for his troubles.

Agree. Actually he did twice on the second half, but got away with it the first time.

colinwhite

Mitro made stearman look completely useless ,but then we all knew that he would ......

hovewhite

Stearman a joke of a centre half!