News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - need to cut down on your drinking?

Started by Whitesideup, March 07, 2018, 09:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Some of us, some of the time,  think we should cut down on our drinking. The government tell us that one small sip of beer before a game should be our weekly limit so what can we do?

What I have found is that when you have already imbibed a sufficient quantity, and you have a glass of a particularly good wine in front of you, ( a Wairau Cave in this particular instance) stare at the rim of the wine in glass, and say, "Thank you, my friend, you have served me well, and I respect your contribution to my feeling of wellbeing  this evening.  I shall henceforth refrain from consuming more. " 

Sure fireway of moderating your consumption.  The rest of the  bottle will remain untouched and available for consumption at a later date.

Next week - how to resist tell big porkies after excessive celebrations of Fulham's absolutely fantastic performances over the last few games.

Now where's the port?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 07, 2018, 09:06:44 PM
Some of us, some of the time,  think we should cut down on our drinking. The government tell us that one small sip of beer before a game should be our weekly limit so what can we do?

What I have found is that when you have already imbibed a sufficient quantity, and you have a glass of a particularly good wine in front of you, ( a Wairau Cave in this particular instance) stare at the rim of the wine in glass, and say, "Thank you, my friend, you have served me well, and I respect your contribution to my feeling of wellbeing  this evening.  I shall henceforth refrain from consuming more. " 

Sure fireway of moderating your consumption.  The rest of the  bottle will remain untouched and available for consumption at a later date.

Next week - how to resist tell big porkies after excessive celebrations of Fulham's absolutely fantastic performances over the last few games.

Now where's the port?
that might have been "telling" big porkies

e4b

HaHA like it but won't be trying in case it works porkies or not

hovewhite

The question is why?
Do you consider yourself with a drink problem?
You can't work because your Stil pissed ?
Tough sh#t.

davew

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 07, 2018, 09:06:44 PM

Now where's the port?
A subject I cannot comment on, my brain cells were killed long before our recent undefeated run!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitesideup

Quote from: hovewhite on March 07, 2018, 09:16:25 PM
The question is why?
Tough sh#t.

Very strange reply

davew

Quote from: hovewhite on March 07, 2018, 09:16:25 PM
The question is why?
Tough sh#t.
I have to agree that it was a strange posting by the OP with little port, sorry I meant point, your response also strange, I have a drink problem, I don't work now being retired and can't answer your last sentence (lol), come on chill out, what is important is what FFC are doing at the moment, even I have chilled out!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I saw a business card the other day.

"ARE YOU AN ALCOHOL"
"DO YOU HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM"

"WE CAN HELP"

"WE OFFER A 24 DELIVERY SERVICE FOR ANY KIND OF ALCOHOL YOU NEED"
"FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER $50"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

mrmicawbers

I have lots of very good intentions until the fifth pint.I call it the five pint faculty F**k off.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheDaddy

I have been banished from household duties since being asked to clean the fridge .18 cans of larger later one shelf now empty 😁
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Milo

Analysing your wine choice I suggest you try the £3.50 bottle of Zesty White that's also from Tesco where I assume you bought that bottle of NZ sauv blanc.

Very quaffable at half the price.

mrmicawbers

Marks and Spencer do a good Vognier from Chile for a fiver if your looking for good Value.

Grumpy Worthing White

Well I`ve just taken early retirement, so I shall have to cut down on the Guinness  :beer: and Blossom Hill  :wine: ..............not!.  092.gif