watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Preston

Started by Dodgin, March 08, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Weird when an oppo supporter comes onto our forum.  Best ignored I think.

ffcne

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 08, 2018, 07:26:15 PM
Sorry but I would never ever go on an opposing fan's forum.  I just think it is wrong.  We had "Blade in piece" (sic) earlier but at least that was post match!  I don't wish you good luck for any game except Saturday etc...  I just don't care about Preston at all.  I am a Fulham fan!!

My thought exactly .I have a look at other boards ,but would never go and post
on them.You ve said your piece Hitch 22 thanks for the insight,

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Hitch 22 on March 08, 2018, 07:18:37 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 08, 2018, 07:12:58 PM
Nobody would deny that there are some teams that are set up and sent out to push the boundaries on foul play and intimidation.

Not just the occasional 'taking' of a yellow card for the team situation but a game plan to foul, disrupt and argue with the officials.

Funny thing is, the fans of those teams rarely see it that way or accept their teams are like that!

The irony is always it's the teams we beat that come up with the lame excuse that we too physical. No team ever admits they lost to a better side. The idea of a football match is to win! See your manager already making his excuses for the game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I rest my case!

Fulhamfan666

mrmicawbers

I wonder which manager is more worried about the opposition?

Carborundum

Thought Preston were very good at the Cottage.  They were physical and Hugill had a particularly marmite effect on this board.  I thought he was great and am happy we won't be facing him.  Pressing game itself isn't physical, it's more a decision about how to manage energy reserves.  Preston were the best I've seen at it.....but we still scored a late goal.

The Rock

As I said in another thread, I remember at our reverse fixture earlier this year their back 4 were like 3x the size of Fonte. I was level with the pitch during the first half, and their LB must have had like 8 inches on him.

We are a different side now. Mitrovic isn't going to fall over. We have TC in the side now. Sess isn't playing LB. I was thinking this will be a difficult one, being in a far away land, but like recent matches we may outclass them as well. We'll see! COYW!

Denver Fulham

Preston were good at the Cottage, and they've lost 2 matches in their last 20. This won't be easy, but we're as good now as anything they have faced. Maybe better.

FulhamStu

Who was at Deepdale in 1970.  Most violent fans I have ever come across and not been back since.
They won the game 2-0, nothing game in terms of the league at the time yet felt the need to kick the crap out of our fans on the way back to the station.  Men, Women and kids.   There will be Preston fans in their 60's and 70's at this game and they know what they did.   Zero respect for them, cowards, yobs and thugs.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Hitch 22 on March 08, 2018, 06:09:08 PM
About time! Good luck for rest of season except Saturday. Hope if you lose you take it on the chin rather than the old "aggressive cloggers "we get unfairly labelled with. We play a pressing game and a lot of teams have struggled to Cope with it .Oh yea and Seani Maguire just back from injury but has scored 3 x and looks a real Player. Think you will be our toughest test and was surprised you didn't go up last season.

Unfairly?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

[email protected]

Quote from: Carborundum on March 08, 2018, 08:10:50 PM
Thought Preston were very good at the Cottage.  They were physical and Hugill had a particularly marmite effect on this board.  I thought he was great and am happy we won't be facing him.  Pressing game itself isn't physical, it's more a decision about how to manage energy reserves.  Preston were the best I've seen at it.....but we still scored a late goal.

I too thought they were very good at the Cottage, but only for the first half. They pressed high, well and in packs which meant we were unable to get our 'usually' slick passing game together and took their chances well when they came. I too am glad we won't be facing Hugill who I felt gave Ream and Kalas a torrid time, however based on recent form, I would fully expect Ream to be able to match or better him should they have met again tomorrow. Out of curiosity, has Hugill actually done anything since his move to West Ham?

The second half was an embarrassing display of time wasting on their part, none more so then by their number 11 Daniel Johnson and ultimately we got our just rewards with the last minute Odoi goal. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it was just a one off from them or if time wasting and cheating is part of their weekly game plan.

gang

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on March 09, 2018, 07:46:52 AM
About time! Good luck for rest of season except Saturday. Hope if you lose you take it on the chin rather than the old "aggressive cloggers "we get unfairly labelled with. We play a pressing game and a lot of teams have struggled to Cope with it .Oh yea and Seani Maguire just back from injury but has scored 3 x and looks a real Player. Think you will be our toughest test and was surprised you didn't go up last season.

Unfairly?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

Dear me they're even below Leeds, what more can be said?

toshes mate

Respect where it is due. 

I have already mentioned elsewhere on these pages the tricky game we have coming up, trickier, in my opinion, than some we have had recently.  PNE are not a side to be messed with and I am sure we will be set up up to give you a good, fair game tomorrow.  I certainly don't think our coaching staff have been ignoring your existence.  I have been impressed with what I have seen of you this season and although you have drawn a lot of games there is obviously a tough core to your side and a steady improvement since your draw here last October.   Will be interesting to see how much both teams have improved since that game and how much the changes made will influence the game. 

BedsFFC

Quote from: ffcne on March 08, 2018, 07:48:46 PM
Sorry but I would never ever go on an opposing fan's forum.  I just think it is wrong.  We had "Blade in piece" (sic) earlier but at least that was post match!  I don't wish you good luck for any game except Saturday etc...  I just don't care about Preston at all.  I am a Fulham fan!!

Rest assured, we have many fans that go on other boards. Some do us no favours at all

BedsFFC

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 09, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

Rest assured, we have many fans that go on other boards. Some do us no favours at all

Exhibit A

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?105584-Fulham-Fan-in-Peace

Bill2

Quote from: Godalming White on March 09, 2018, 08:12:49 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on March 08, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

I too thought they were very good at the Cottage, but only for the first half. They pressed high, well and in packs which meant we were unable to get our 'usually' slick passing game together and took their chances well when they came. I too am glad we won't be facing Hugill who I felt gave Ream and Kalas a torrid time, however based on recent form, I would fully expect Ream to be able to match or better him should they have met again tomorrow. Out of curiosity, has Hugill actually done anything since his move to West Ham?

The second half was an embarrassing display of time wasting on their part, none more so then by their number 11 Daniel Johnson and ultimately we got our just rewards with the last minute Odoi goal. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it was just a one off from them or if time wasting and cheating is part of their weekly game plan.
I remember the game at the Cottage and Hugill was putting it about the whole 90, pushing and shoving anybody who was in arms reach and as for not being a clogging team, 4 bookings speaks for itself. My lasting memory was that fact that at the end of the game a number of PNE players were on their knees unable to walk off the pitch, the number 4, I think, was falling over with cramp for the last 15/20 minutes and we have improved since. They have played well this season and it won't be easy but are they the best footballing wise in the div, not by a long way.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 09, 2018, 01:53:10 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on March 09, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

Exhibit A

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?105584-Fulham-Fan-in-Peace

Not a good idea, it's like walking into no mans land waving a white flag, not to be recommended, despite the good intentions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ex-Pat

Every game, why is it the same people will settle for a point?,,at this stage we need 3 points every single game,,,,enough already.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ex-Pat on March 09, 2018, 02:25:15 PM
Every game, why is it the same people will settle for a point?,,at this stage we need 3 points every single game,,,,enough already.

Agreed, it is the same people, too easily pleased.
Eric Bloodaxe Warrior King of the Vikings would never have settled for a draw before he pillaged and ravaged a village.
We cannot be faint hearted, winners never are, it's a competition so we must compete to the last man.
Of course sometimes we may have to settle for a draw, but only if all else fails.
Maximum points and nothing less, draws are not enough, and it's a sign of weakness surrendering 2 points before matches.
Gggrrrr
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

Quote from: The Rock on March 08, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
I was level with the pitch during the first half, and their LB must have had like 8 inches on him.

Lucky guy.