watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Preston

Started by Dodgin, March 08, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Preston fan seems a bit upset on their forum, that we haven't mentioned that we are playing them on Saturday

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

KJS

What do they think we are SKY Sports News??

Fulham76

It's going to be one of the toughest games we've had recently, they're a solid team who don't lose many games. Just 7 or 8 games all season.

Personally I'd be happy with a point out of this one.

davew

I would settle for a point as well, Preston much underrated!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Hitch 22

About time! Good luck for rest of season except Saturday. Hope if you lose you take it on the chin rather than the old "aggressive cloggers "we get unfairly labelled with. We play a pressing game and a lot of teams have struggled to Cope with it .Oh yea and Seani Maguire just back from injury but has scored 3 x and looks a real Player. Think you will be our toughest test and was surprised you didn't go up last season.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

KJS

Quote from: Hitch 22 on March 08, 2018, 06:09:08 PM
About time! Good luck for rest of season except Saturday. Hope if you lose you take it on the chin rather than the old "aggressive cloggers "we get unfairly labelled with. We play a pressing game and a lot of teams have struggled to Cope with it .Oh yea and Seani Maguire just back from injury but has scored 3 x and looks a real Player. Think you will be our toughest test and was surprised you didn't go up last season.

And we have a certain Mitro who has scored 5 in 4  :003:

grandad

We have played a few robust sides lately so another one is waiting for us. I just hope that we have a decent ref who will recognize that certain of our players have been systematically targeted with beyond the limit challenges.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Hitch 22

And we have a certain Mitro who has scored 5 in 4  :003:

Yep he's a Prem Player. Struggled to cope with him playing for Newscastle pre season.

Jonno

Sorry but the clogger label is well deserved. Arguably the dirtiest team in the division.

Mince n Tatties

We have to watch Sean Maguire,been out all season injured,came back last two matches and scored 3.
Dangerous nippy little player.

ffcne

Quote from: Hitch 22 on March 08, 2018, 06:09:08 PM

And another team with a manager In the same mould as Rowett ,Wilder ,Parkinson etc.  with no humility or respect for the opposition.
Be happy with a point.   

hovewhite

All Preston have is memories,but a side that play dirty.
Last season you might have got a piont! U still lost and the season before to.
Will be the same Saturday.

bill taylors apprentice

Nobody would deny that there are some teams that are set up and sent out to push the boundaries on foul play and intimidation.

Not just the occasional 'taking' of a yellow card for the team situation but a game plan to foul, disrupt and argue with the officials.

Funny thing is, the fans of those teams rarely see it that way or accept their teams are like that!

Hitch 22

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 08, 2018, 07:12:58 PM
Nobody would deny that there are some teams that are set up and sent out to push the boundaries on foul play and intimidation.

Not just the occasional 'taking' of a yellow card for the team situation but a game plan to foul, disrupt and argue with the officials.

Funny thing is, the fans of those teams rarely see it that way or accept their teams are like that!
The irony is always it's the teams we beat that come up with the lame excuse that we too physical. No team ever admits they lost to a better side. The idea of a football match is to win! See your manager already making his excuses for the game.

grandad

Quote from: Hitch 22 on March 08, 2018, 07:18:37 PM

The irony is always it's the teams we beat that come up with the lame excuse that we too physical. No team ever admits they lost to a better side. The idea of a football match is to win! See your manager already making his excuses for the game.

The managers of Villa, Cardiff, Wolves & Sheffield Wednesday all admitted they were beaten by the better side. The game is called football , not footplayer.

Fulham 442

Sorry but I would never ever go on an opposing fan's forum.  I just think it is wrong.  We had "Blade in piece" (sic) earlier but at least that was post match!  I don't wish you good luck for any game except Saturday etc...  I just don't care about Preston at all.  I am a Fulham fan!!

grandad

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 08, 2018, 07:26:15 PM
Sorry but I would never ever go on an opposing fan's forum.  I just think it is wrong.  We had "Blade in piece" (sic) earlier but at least that was post match!  I don't wish you good luck for any game except Saturday etc...  I just don't care about Preston at all.  I am a Fulham fan!!

:plus one:

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Hitch 22 on March 08, 2018, 07:18:37 PM

I'm not quite sure what you've been watching / reading, but Jokanovic certainly hasn't been making excuses, you won't find him being over confident, or arrogant either. He'll deliver a game plan, like he did against Villa, Wolves, Derby, Sheffield Utd, to cope with Preston. Tough game, yes, but so was Villa, Wolves, Derby, Sheffield Utd..