watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Sent off for Laughing.

Started by bog, March 09, 2018, 02:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone see that a player from my local side, Margate, was sent off for laughing? Jordan Chiedozie was dispatched in the game v Leiston on Tuesday for doing so. The referee decided this was unsporting behaviour so off he went. Oh right. Some of the horrendous tackles that go unpunished and you hear of this. Some of the decisions by referees must draw a bit of mirth on the pitch... I wonder how long before this happens in a league match.

092.gif   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on March 09, 2018, 02:14:04 PM
Did anyone see that a player from my local side, Margate, was sent off for laughing? Jordan Chiedozie was dispatched in the game v Leiston on Tuesday for doing so. The referee decided this was unsporting behaviour so off he went. Oh right. Some of the horrendous tackles that go unpunished and you hear of this. Some of the decisions by referees must draw a bit of mirth on the pitch... I wonder how long before this happens in a league match.

092.gif   

Yes it does make you wonder bog, obviously I don't know the circumstances as to why the referee would administer a red card for laughing, unless there is more to it than meets the eye, but on the face of it, you wonder if the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
I once saw a player on a Sunday morning recieve a second yellow card for laughing.
Which reminds me bog. I was once sacked from a job on my very first day for laughing.
Mind you I was driving a Hearse at the time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

bog I have just received a report from my Intelligence Unit who investigate these issues, and apparently the player was sent off because he laughed at an opponent who tripped over himself, and was dismissed from the field of play, much to the amazement of everyone in the ground including the opposition, if that is the case, you couldn't make it up.

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Woolly, as you say you couldn't make it up....I remember in a Sunday league match years ago a player went flat and landed in a huge canine deposit. Everybody p***** themselves. We would have ended up with just the two keepers on the pitch. Mind you no one wanted to mark him tightly anymore during that particular fixture.... :022:

092.gif     

HatterDon

Reminds me of Eddie Murray and Ken Keyser -- the latter a baseball umpire, the former a Hall of Fame baseball player.

Keyser once kicked Murray out of a game because he didn't like the way Murray was looking at him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

Guys, you can add that to Hemel Hempstead Town's Sanchez Watt who was red carded when the ref asked his name and he replied 'Watt'.  Hearing the word 'What?' the referee asked again and Watt responded more loudly this time.  This exchange was repeated until the guy was red carded for showing dissent.  Fortunately the matter of what the errant players name was was resolved before he left the pitch and the referee rescinded the card and laughed about it after the game. 

bog

Quote from: toshes mate on March 09, 2018, 03:03:05 PM
Guys, you can add that to Hemel Hempstead Town's Sanchez Watt who was red carded when the ref asked his name and he replied 'Watt'.  Hearing the word 'What?' the referee asked again and Watt responded more loudly this time.  This exchange was repeated until the guy was red carded for showing dissent.  Fortunately the matter of what the errant players name was was resolved before he left the pitch and the referee rescinded the card and laughed about it after the game.

Yes I saw this on ceefax this week Tosh. Hilarious!

092.gif

grandad

Like the scene in one of the Monty Python films featuring Bigus Dickus
Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

I was sent off for sarcasm back in the mid seventies!
During a Middlesex senior cup game, extra time, it was a feisty encounter and we were getting nothing from the ref

Finally he gave a dubious penalty against us and I said something like, "this could've been a good game if we had a proper referee" (lame, I know)
When I turned up at the hearing (I appealed!) it was down in the report as the reason,  I got a 4 weeks ban.

Woolly Mammoth

A 4 week ban ? That is very harsh indeed, it's normally one game and a small fine for dissent. Which County Association dealt with it. Unless you have previous. but even then you would have to head butt someone to get a 4 week ban.

Never forget your Roots.

Kent Cassandra

I had a friend called Victor Sylvester which was the name of the Top big band leader in the day.
He was always having problems with his name and when he was asked by the ref what his name was he jokingly
said 'Nat King Cole' the referee said if you don't tell me your real name I will send you off. I leave it to your imagination what happened next.....
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: bog on March 09, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

Yes I saw this on ceefax this week Tosh. Hilarious!

092.gif
The gentleman concerned was on the radio this week.you Whatt

Fulham Tup North

The Ref " Laughed about it after the game"? Surely that's an automatic 3 game ban? 😝
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Dodger53

Presumably the ref had to laugh about it after the game because to do so during the game would have been unsporting behaviour and the 4th official would have had to take over.

Burt

092.gif

Is he any relation to John Chiedozie?

bog

Quote from: Burt on March 10, 2018, 05:29:16 PM

092.gif

I did wonder that, bear with me I will inquire. He has scored scored loads of goals this season.

092.gif

bog

Quote from: bog on March 10, 2018, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: Burt on March 10, 2018, 05:29:16 PM

092.gif

I did wonder that, bear with me I will inquire. He has scored scored loads of goals this season.

092.gif

Yes he is. As an aside Ryan Sess older brother also plays for Margate