more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (10/03/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 10, 2018, 07:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: PSG could scupper Tottenham's move for £35m star

Paris Saint-Germain have emerged as contenders to sign Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon this summer, according to reports in France.

Sessegnon, still only 17, has been a sensation since breaking into the Fulham first-team last season – he has scored 14 goals in the Championship this term.

The teenager initially plied his trade as a left-back, but he has been more effective on the wing lately.

He recently praised Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic for playing him higher up the pitch, something he thinks is responsible for his fine goalscoring form.

Last month, reports emerged claiming Spurs are willing to pay £35 million to sign Sessegnon despite suggestions the player would rather join Liverpool.

However, more recent reports contend he has his heart set on Tottenham due to Mauricio Pochettino's track record of developing young English players.

But if fresh rumours coming out France are to be believed, another suitor could scupper Spurs' chances of signing Sessegnon.

French outlet L'Equipe (via Sport Witness) claims PSG want to make Sessegnon their new left-back.

Of course, the 17-year-old may reject a move to the Ligue 1 champions if they would be unwilling to play him in a more advanced position.

Regardless, there's going to be an interesting battle for Sessegnon this summer.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2018/03/09/report-psg-could-scupper-tottenhams-move-for-35m-star/

WhiteJC

Opposition Camp

Preston North End manager Alex Neil believes the signing of Aleksandar Mitrović gives Fulham a different dimension going forward.

"[Fulham] want to shift the ball quickly, either from side to side or they can play through you, whatever the case may be.

"Whenever you are playing any of the top teams in the division, tactically it always becomes more important because generally they have got clear patterns of how they play.

"No disrespect to the teams at the bottom end but more often than not they are fighting for scraps and it's quite direct football. You're picking up second balls, there is not a lot of detail involved, whereas these games are very different.

"I've got a good record against Slav's teams, although they've always been really difficult to play against, they've always been tight games.

"Earlier in the season they didn't have that outlet in Mitrović which made it a bit easier because you could really hunt and press everything in front of you.

"I think now that they have that outlet, they've got a target man, where they can play and they can turn you – it certainly becomes more difficult to stop."
Make sure you're at Deepdale to support the lads on Saturday, with adult tickets priced at just £24.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/09/opposition-camp

WhiteJC

Fulham duo miss out on EFL awards as Cardiff City and Barnsley men take the honours

Slavisa Jokanovic and Tim Ream were both nominated

Slavisa Jokanovic and Tim Ream have been overlooked for the EFL awards for February.

The boss and central defender were up for the manager and player of the month awards respectively, but neither has walked away with the February accolade.

Fulham were unbeaten in February, winning their three home games without conceding a goal and drawing their two away trips to Bolton and Bristol City.

However, Cardiff won five and drew one of their matches during the month, which helped Neil Warnock to take the gong ahead of Jovanovic.

Ream was part of that Whites defence that only conceded twice in the month, so was also in with a shot of the player of the month award.

However, Barnsley, threatened with relegation, were indebted to on loan Swansea City striker Oliver McBurnie for scoring four goals in draws with Sheffield Wednesday and Hull and the win over Birmingham City, that he scooped the honour instead.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-duo-miss-out-efl-14387158

WhiteJC

PNE boss has kept busy doing big-match homework

Preston boss Alex Neil hopes that having 'square eyes' in the build-up to Fulham's visit to Deepdale tomorrow will be worth it in the end.

Neil has spent plenty of time watching DVDs of the London outfit, a side he rates very highly.

It is a contest which pits two in-form teams together, a clash of eighth and fourth. North End have designs on a play-off slot while Fulham will fancy their chances of challenging for an automatic promotion slot. Neil said: "These are the games you want to be involved in as a player and a manager. "Playing a Fulham team who are on form with people talking about how good they are, it is an opportunity for us to show what we are capable of doing. "Tactically, it is an exciting game for me to work towards. I like to face teams like this 
because you really do have to pay a lot of attention and put a lot of thought into it. "Fulham move the ball so well that you have to make sure you are well prepared.

"My eyes will be square soon with all the analysis I've been doing of them." Neil reasons that Preston and Fulham have contrasting approaches, which led to an exciting game when they met at Craven Cottage in October. That finished in a 2-2 draw, PNE having led 2-0. "Arguably Fulham are one of the best teams in the league with the ball and I think we are one of the best without the ball," said Neil.

"That's not to say they are not good without the ball and we are not good with it. "Our biggest strength is how we set up, how we hunt it, how we harass teams and get after them. "We force teams to make mistakes then punish them on the back of that. "Fulham do the opposite of that, they keep the ball, they rotate it, make the pitch big and break teams down. "The game at their place was a tale of two halves.

"We harassed them and caused them untold problems in the first half – we should have been out of sight. "In the second half they had a change of shape. "Fulham are better equipped now than they were then and I think we are more adept at what we do now.

Neil will have to weigh up whether Sean Maguire is in a position to start after his two scoring appearances from the bench the last few days. The striker was yesterday one of four Preston players named in a 30-man Republic of Ireland squad for a friendly against Turkey on March 23. Greg Cunningham, Alan Browne and Daryl Horgan got a call-up too for the clash in Antalya,the squad being a provisional one at this stage.

Read more at: https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/pne-boss-has-kept-busy-doing-big-match-homework-1-9054431

WhiteJC

Opposition View: Fulham

February's EFL Championship manager of the month nominee Slavisa Jokanovic brings his side to Deepdale on Saturday looking to maintain a 14-match unbeaten run in the league.

The Cottagers chief believes his side have been in a constant state of improvement since their last defeat, away at Sunderland at the beginning of December and is looking to keep up that momentum.

Speaking at his press conference and to his official website, fulhamfc.co.uk, ahead of his side's trip to the north west he said: "We've improved in the last two months. There's still space to grow and be better. We're satisfied, but can't relax. We need to continue to push ourselves.

"I believe we can still be in a higher level, the space exists for us to grow and to try and be better still.

"We have positive momentum, but need to take care and not make mistakes. I'm only thinking about the game ahead. We need to push ourselves on the training ground to be in a still better condition and compete better.

"Ten games are ahead of us and we haven't done anything at the moment. We must be brave and keep going and push hard.

"We are where we are, we are fourth in the Championship, and we have the option to fight. We must be strong and brave enough and show our desire and ambition to keep going forward and win the games."

Speaking about the Lilywhites he focused on North End's ability without the ball and make strong sentiment about the match officials.

"Every game is important and in the end it's a chance for us to fight for three points against a really good team with a young and experienced manager who did a very good job with Preston," he continued.

"We must try and find our style and move the ball. They are going to want to stop this way that we play.

"It depends what kind of referee we find against Preston. When I watch the Premier League I know what the level of protection is, more or less.

"Sometimes in the Championship I am a little bit confused, and it depends how the referee takes the situation and manages the game."

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2018/march/opposition-view-fulham/

WhiteJC

Preston North End vs Fulham Match Preview

The Championship's manager of the month brings his side to Deepdale on Saturday looking to extend their unbeaten league run that goes back to a trip to Sunderland at the beginning of December.

It will be the division's game of the day, with North End – themselves having lost just two of their last 20 Championship games, now just a point outside the Play-Off positions after doing the double over Bristol City with Tuesday night's 2-1 victory over Lee Johnson's Robins.

Manager Alex Neil has a fully fit squad available to select from for the first time in his time as manager of the club and he is looking for a big crowd off the field to boost his side as they go in search of a win that could take them inside the top six as the number of games remaining clicks into single figures.

The same weekend 23 years ago the Lilywhites also entertain the Cottagers and a certain David Beckham scored a stunning free kick as Gary Peters' side recorded a thrilling 3-2 success against the west London outfit.

An equally entertaining game with a similar result would certainly make people sit up and take note of North End, but it will be one of the toughest tests of recent weeks and months against Slavisa Jokanovic's in-form outfit.

Ref Watch
Taking charge of his third North End game of the season this weekend will be Wiltshire official Simon Hooper...

Click here for the story

Stat Attack
We welcome our visitors from the north bank of the Thames to Deepdale for the 32nd time and they will be hoping to maintain a decent record here...

Click here for a full statistical look at the game

Ticket Information
Normal matchday prices apply for Saturday afternoon's clash with Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham at Deepdale, with tickets on general sale for all areas...

Click here for more information

Or click here to buy a ticket for the game

Opposition View
February's EFL Championship manager of the month Slavisa Jokanovic brings his side to Deepdale on Saturday looking to maintain a 14 match unbeaten run in the league...

Click here for his thoughts on the game

PNE Team News
February's EFL Championship manager of the month Slavisa Jokanovic brings his side to Deepdale on Saturday looking to maintain a 14 match unbeaten run in the league...

Click here for the latest team news

Match Coverage
On Saturday afternoon, if you can't make it to Deepdale, then you can sign up for a £5 match pass and watch the game – with full match commentary – live on iFollow PNE...

Click here for details of how to follow the match

Alex Neil's Thoughts
Manager Alex Neil is relishing the challenge of facing Fulham at Deepdale this weekend as his side look to build on Tuesday night's win over Bristol City...

Click here to watch the manager's pre-match interview

Darnell Fisher's Preview
Darnell Fisher was delighted to be back in action for North End after missing two games through suspension...

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2018/march/preston-north-end-vs-fulham-match-preview/

WhiteJC

Jokanovic holds talks with Sessegnon about speculation over youngster's future

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has spoken with Ryan Sessegnon about speculation surrounding his future but says the youngster has been unaffected by reports linking him with Premier League clubs.

Tottenham have long been interested in the 17-year-old and reports claim he is wanted by the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United.

Jokanovic said: "I spoke with him and tried to discover if he is okay, and if some kind of situation and so much news affects him.

"He is quiet and he is okay. He is focussed only on the job immediately in front of him.

"We cannot avoid this kind of news, gossip and rumours around him. It's part of the profession and he must live his life in this kind of situation.

"I never treat anybody like a kid from a primary school, nor Ryan. I treat him like an adult. He shows he is an adult in this profession he is working in right now.

"He is so ready for the battle ahead for us. He has shown it many times and I am sure he will continue to show the same level and desire for working with the team."

Sessegnon was recently likened to a young Gareth Bale by on-loan Southampton left-back Matt Targett, but Jokanovic believes the 17-year-old is more similar to Real Madrid's Marcelo.

"He has been compared with Bale, I hear, but he can be like Marcelo," Jokanovic said.

"It's a more natural position for him to be an offensive full-back. He can be an offensive full-back for some big team.

"His physicality is fantastic. He can attack from both positions (left wing and left-back). I use him where it is best for the team. It depends on the situation."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-holds-talks-sessegnon-speculation-youngsters-future

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney claims Fulham are 'playing Premier League football in the Championship' as playoff race hots up

With just 10 games to go, the club are sitting five points behind Cardiff City and their desired finish of an automatic promotion place

Tom Cairney is confident of promotion Getty

Fulham captain Tom Cairney believes his side are already "playing Premier League football in the Championship", as they continue their fight for promotion.

With just 10 games to go, the club are sitting five points behind Cardiff City and their desired finish of an automatic promotion place.

Having won 11 of their previous 14 games, and remaining unbeaten since mid-December Fulham are in the best form of the division, and Cairney thinks the quality of their football lives up to the stats.

"We know on our day we can beat anyone," the 27-year-old told The Independent. "I think every game at the minute we're getting like eight or nine very good performers on the pitch out of the starting 11."

"I've said it from last season, I think we play Premier League football in the Championship," he added.

"We play on the grass, and nine times out of 10 we dominate possession and lots of shots at goal. It's great to play in and I'm sure it's great to watch."

One player crucial to their more recent performances has been Newcastle loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has netted five goals in his last four consecutive games.

After scoring twice against Sheffield United, opposing manager Chris Wilder said Mitrovic "shouldn't be playing in the division", lauding both the striker and Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

Cairney was of a similar belief that his Serbian teammate has had a huge impact on their team since his January arrival.

"He's been absolutely immense ever since he's walked through the door. He looks hungry, he's getting fitter and fitter every week, and he's really causing centre-halves serious problems. On top of that he's scoring goals.

"He's a bit of an animal at the minute and if we're going to do anything this season, we need him."

Where second place might have been seen as too far away before – at Christmas they were 15 points away from Cardiff – thanks to a culmination of shrewd mid-season business and the continuing rise of starlet Ryan Sessegnon, a confidence has brewed at the club that makes that spot seem far more attainable now.

"It's definitely reachable," said Cairney. "There's 10 games left now, and it's still all to play for.

"There's always twists and turns in the Championship but if we're going to do anything we've got to maintain our form so we can't take our foot off the pedal – and I don't think the manager will let us either."

Fulham's next challenge is a trip to Preston tomorrow, who are also in search for a place in the play-offs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/tom-cairney-fulham-premier-league-football-championship-playoff-race-a8247046.html

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic says Preston could use 'illegal' methods to stop Fulham and calls on referee to protect his players

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic Rex Features

Slavisa Jokanovic has called on the referee to protect Fulham when they play a Preston on Saturday, who have the worst disciplinary record in the Championship.

Preston have received 84 yellow cards and four red cards this season and Jokanovic wants official Simon Hooper to be watchful of their physical approach at Deepdale.

Fulham are chasing automatic promotion after an unbeaten run of 14 league matches and Jokanovic has suggested Preston will deliberately target their skilful players. He is wary the home side will want to stop Fulham playing their free-flowing style of football and has appealed for Hooper to clamp down on excessive tackling.

"I have had the opportunity to watch some Preston games and they are on the border of the limit," said Jokanovic. "They are going to try and stop us in a legal or illegal way, and it is going to depend on the referee. They are going to want to stop this way that we play.

"It depends what kind of referee we find against Preston. When I watch the Premier League I know what the level of protection is, more or less.

"Sometimes in the Championship I am a little bit confused, and it depends how the referee takes the situation and manages the game."

Hooper has taken charge of 33 matches this season and issued 107 yellow cards and four red cards. He has officiated in two Fulham games in 2017-18, including a 1-1 draw with Reading in August when he sent off defender Tomas Kalas after only 39 seconds for a professional foul.

Preston are just one point outside the play-off places and their manager Alex Neil has told his players to take their home form "by the scruff of the neck" as they chase promotion.

Jokanovic said: "They are one of the more aggressive teams in the division and we must try and find our style and move the ball."

Reports this week claimed Southampton have lined up Jokanovic on a shortlist of potential replacements for Mauricio Pellegrino if he is sacked at the end of the season.

Fulham have made real progress since he was appointed in December 2015 and it would come as little surprise if the Serb was on the radar of a Premier League club.

But Jokanovic has claimed he is not thinking about the speculation over his future and he is only focused on getting Fulham promoted.

The 49-year-old said: "I am so busy here and thinking about the game ahead with my team to be thinking about gossip and about other teams. I have enough here where I am right now and I must be focused."

Fulham are fourth in the Championship, five points behind second-placed Cardiff, and Jokanovic wants his team to keep the pressure on their promotion rivals this weekend.

"We are satisfied now with our momentum but we cannot relax," he said.  "We have 10 games are ahead of us and we have not done anything at the moment. We must be brave, keep going and push hard."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-says-preston-could-use-illegal-methods-to-stop-fulham-and-calls-on-referee-to-a3785711.html

WhiteJC

Alex Neil sees no reason why Preston can't end Fulham's unbeaten streak at Deepdale

Fulham are 14 unbeaten heading into the game, but the Preston boss is confident heading into the game at Deepdale

Preston North End boss Alex Neil sees no reason why his team shouldn't go into the game against Fulham with real belief they can end their unbeaten run.

The Whites haven't lost in 14 games, form that has seen them charge up the league table and cement a place in the Play-off spots while beating Aston Villa, Wolves, Derby County and Sheffield United on the way.

Aleksandar Mitrovic's introduction in January has been a big boost to Fulham too - he's scored five goals in his last four games, including a brace against the Blades and Neil believes having that new outlet makes the side even harder to stop.

But he has a good record against Slavisa Jokanovic and he is confident that his team can get something against what he described as 'the best team in terms of shifting the ball."

He said: "They want to shift the ball quickly, either from side to side or they can play through you, whatever the case may be.

"Preparation wise, it probably becomes more important. No disrespect to the teams at the bottom end but more often than not they are fighting for scraps and its quite direct football, you're picking up second balls, there is not a lot of detail involved; whereas these games are very different.

"I've got a good record against Slav's teams although they've always been really difficult to play against, they've always been tight games.

"This Fulham team is probably the best team that I think we have faced in terms of shifting the ball.

"Earlier in the season they didn't have that outlet in Mitrovic which made it a bit easier because you could really hunt and press everything in front of you.

"I think now that they have that outlet, they've got a target man, where they can play and they can turn you – it certainly becomes more difficult to stop."

"There's no reason why we shouldn't go into this game with real belief. However, we obviously understand that we are playing a good side and we can't underestimate anybody."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-neil-sees-no-reason-14388172

WhiteJC

Preston North End v Fulham
SAT 10 Mar 2018   Championship
Venue: Deepdale

On-loan striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored five goals in his past four appearances for Fulham

Preston could be without Tom Clarke for the visit of Fulham, but may have Paul Gallagher available after he was taken off in their win against Bristol City.

Clarke has returned to training after a knock, but he might not be fit enough to play against the in-form Cottagers.

Fulham will assess centre-back Tomas Kalas, who has missed their past two matches with a hip injury.

Goalkeeper David Button may return to the squad after a spell on the sidelines with illness.

Fulham have won 11 times during their 14-match unbeaten run in the Championship, which has lifted them from 12th to fourth in the table.

SAM's prediction
Home win 32%   Draw 28%   Away win 40%

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts
    Preston have won one of their last 10 league matches against Fulham (D3 L6) - a 1-0 win in October 2000.
    Fulham have won three of their last four league visits to Deepdale (D1) since a 3-1 defeat in November 1997.
    Preston have lost just two of their past 20 Championship matches (W9 D9), although both defeats were at Deepdale (against Middlesbrough and Ipswich).
    Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored four goals and assisted one in three previous matches against Preston in all competitions, scoring a brace in his last match at Deepdale for Newcastle in October 2016.
    Preston have won five and drawn two of their last seven Championship home matches against sides starting the day in the top six - their last defeat of this kind came against Leeds in December 2016.
    Of players to play alongside one another for at least 400 minutes in the Championship this season, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Stefan Johansen are creating a chance for one another in the fewest average minutes (34 mins per chance created), with Johansen assisting two of Mitrovic's goals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43266968

WhiteJC

Inside Deepdale

Preston North End fan Joe Tudor is in an optimistic mood heading into the final 10 matches of the season.
Are you happy with how the season has gone so far?

I think most PNE fans are delighted with the way the season has panned out so far. There's a real sense of pride amongst the Preston fans at the way the players are holding themselves, but also we're proud of the way the club is being ran. The owner and chairman have implemented a strategy and Alex Neil is really delivering. Pundits and most media outlets love to write off 'little old Preston,' but that gives us nothing to lose.

One defeat in 10 is great form – what do you attribute that to?

We're a really well organised defensive unit but also press high, making us a very tough team to play against. We've had periods blighted by injuries, but to the squad's credit the players that have come in have really stepped up, a prime example being Josh Earl, our 19-year-old left-back.
How much of a boost is Sean Maguire's return to fitness?

Absolutely massive, we've got some gifted players in terms of creativity and pace but have lacked an out and out goal scorer. He's the best I've seen at Deepdale in a long time, many Preston fans are likening him to a young David Healy. I personally think he'll exceed Healy and make a name for himself in the Premier League one day.
Do you think you will end up in the Play-Offs?

All season I've said I'd be happy if we were within three points of sixth place with six games to go. Every year there seems to be that dark horse in the Championship that sneaks into the Play-Offs, and I honestly believe this will be our year. With a young and relatively inexperienced squad at this level, I think a late burst into the top-six will play in our favour.

What style of football has Alex Neil got you playing?

Over the last 18 years we've seen a real mixed bag of managers, and my opinion is that Alex Neil could be the best since David Moyes. He's come with a real style of attacking high press football and he's completely changed our methodology as a club. I think on Saturday you'll see a close group of young lads really fighting for their manager.
Who have been your standout performers this season?

It's hard to single one player out. If I had to vote for a Player of the Season right now, then it would go to Alan Browne. He's improved to become one of our most valuable players having overcome some unjust criticism at the start of the season. He's developed into a strong player who delivers the basics well, but also covers ground making key interceptions and, of late, he's contributed some outstanding goals. Another player who deserves the plaudits is Ben Pearson, a former Manchester United youth team captain who's become our rock in midfield. We miss him massively when he has inevitable bans for picking up too many yellow cards.
What sort of game are you anticipating on Saturday?

I'm expecting another high tempo game, I felt like we came out of the blocks quickly at Craven Cottage but ran out of steam. I think Saturday can be similar but we've struggled at home. Again I'm hoping we start well and move the ball around quickly – Paul Gallagher will be key to this.

Which Fulham players are you concerned about?

Aleksandar Mitrović certainly concerns me – he scored four goals against us last season and he always carries that threat in front of goal. It's also hard to look past all of the hype surrounding Ryan Sessegnon and his record this season.
Where's a good place for away fans to get a drink before the game?

There's not a great deal around the ground so I'd advise staying in the city centre pre-match. Preston fans are a welcoming lot.
What prediction are you going for?

Home win – although you had a good second half in the first fixture, I felt we deserved all three points and left Craven Cottage feeling like we'd lost. Our form hasn't really dipped (maybe too many draws and one slip up against Ipswich) so there's a lot of optimism around Preston.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/09/inside-deepdale

WhiteJC

Liverpool loanee Sheyi Ojo admits he'll have to see what happens with his future when Fulham loan spell ends

The 20-year-old has spent the season on loan at Craven Cottage and he'll just wait and see what happens when it finishes at returns to Liverpool

Sheyi Ojo is looking forward to getting back to playing regularly at Fulham, but admits he doesn't know what will happen at the end of the season.

The 20-year-old signed for the Whites on a season-long long deal in the summer from Liverpool and has played 21 times for the club in a season that has been plagued with injuries, firstly dislocating his shoulder and then getting a leg injury that has kept out for the past month.

He made his first start since the 1-0 over Middlesbrough in January in the 3-0 victory over Sheffield United, and Ojo has revealed Liverpool have been in constant contact but he is only focused on Fulham and will see what happens in the summer.

He said: They've been keeping up with my game time and how the games are going and they've been really supportive.

"I've just been focused on Fulham this season and we'll see what happens at the end.

"I think I'm doing well, there's still a lot to come. I need to get a run of games which has been difficult with the injuries I've had.

"Overall I'm happy with how it's going and hopefully I'll keep improving.

"Being injured was very frustrating, it's the worse feeling ever but I enjoyed it today [against Sheffield United].

"I just want to keep playing, keep improving and help the team.

(Image: Paul Burgman)

"When you're injured it's not really enjoyable. I'm happy to have been back properly today and looking forward to the end of the season."

It's a unique situation for the loan members of Slavisa Jokanovic's squad, with only five of the six loanees being able to make a matchday squad on any given game.

Ojo had been missing out since returning to full fitness, but has found himself in the squad for the past three games, but the youngster believes it's just like competition in any team and he has to take the opportunity when it comes.

He added: "Yeah, it's just like in any good team there's always going to be competition and when you get the opportunity you've got to take it, you've got to play well.

"That's what I'll be looking to do whenever I get the opportunity, to play well and impact the game, score some goals and help the team."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-loanee-sheyi-ojo-admits-14388487

WhiteJC

U23s Host Wolves

Peter Grant's PL2 side host Wolverhampton Wanderers at Craven Cottage on Saturday in a 2pm kick-off.

Entrance is free for this fixtures and all fans that can't make Preston are invited to come and show support for the Under-23s.

The Whites are in a buoyant mood after their midweek away 3-0 win at Carrow Road. Tyrese Francois scored in the sixth minute, before second half goals from Rob Atkinson and Luca de la Torre put the tie against Norwich to bed.

That win put Fulham back in the play off spots, however, Brighton have a game in hand and the Whites could still drop out.

Wolves are ninth in the PL2, eight points behind Fulham. However, Wolves have three matches in hand and could also find themselves in play-off contention in they win all their matches.

Last time out Wolves lost their PL Cup match 5-1 to Bournemouth away two weeks ago, their last win came on 11th December.

These two sides met at Telford back in October and the Whites ran out impressive 4-1 winners after a Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson hat-trick and a goal from Elijah Adebayo.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/09/u23s-host-wolves

WhiteJC

Matchday Live: PNE

Overseas fans can enjoy a live stream of Saturday afternoon's Sky Bet Championship encounter against Preston North End at Deepdale.

If you are already a fulhamfctv subscriber you can pick up a match pass for just £5, while non-subscribers can access the stream for £10, and also enjoy video content on the official website for 48 hours from the point of purchase!

Please note that you must be abroad and be using an overseas bank account to access the stream.

The stream will kick in around 30 minutes prior to kick-off, with a number of links to the correct page across the website. Alternatively, head to www.fulhamfc.com/live to view the game. We recommend watching via Google Chrome.

For our supporters based in the UK and Ireland, you can listen to full live commentary from Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid, with a monthly subscription. 

Any fans who experience problems on a matchday with your stream please contact > [email protected].

Fans who have experienced issues accessing the stream in the past are advised to have a look at our streaming tips page which we constructed following feedback from supporters, while our FAQs are available here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/09/matchday-live-preston-north-end

WhiteJC

U18s Travel To Villa

The Under-18s travel to Aston Villa on Saturday in a midday kick-off for their rearranged fixture after the snow last week.

Colin Omogbehin's team have played Aston Villa twice already this season. Back in September the Young Whites ran out 4-0 winners in the PL Cup at Motspur Park.

Then the month later the Villains had another trip to Motspur in the Premier League South, however they were more successful as the Young Whites fell to a 3-0 loss.

Fulham are looking to bounce back after they were knocked out of the quarter-final of the FA Youth Cup to Chelsea at Craven Cottage, when the Blues put 6 past Fulham.

Villa drew their last match in an away tie at Leicester City, the match finished 0-0.

The Young Whites are fifth in the table, eight points ahead of this weekend's rivals. Villa also have a game in hand.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/march/09/u18s-travel-to-villa

WhiteJC

Is Mike Ashley making one of his most illogical ever transfer stances at Newcastle?

Newcastle United reportedly want £20 million for Aleksandar Mitrovic, on loan at Fulham.

Newcastle United's stance over Aleksandar Mitrovic is growing increasingly baffling.

Sending the striker out on loan was perplexing enough, but that at least was manager Rafa Benitez's choice.

It is to Mitrovic's credit that he has proved Benitez wrong so far, netting four goals in five games for Fulham.

But a report claiming Newcastle owner Mike Ashley wants £20 million makes the least sense yet.

The Chronicle claims this is the fee Newcastle are demanding for the Serbian striker, and in the club's recent context it makes no sense.

Newcastle's record spend remains the £16 million they blew on Michael Owen back in 2005.

They have refused to break this fee since - despite pressure from fans for them to do so.

So it does not stand to reason that Newcastle should expect another team to break their record expenditure - for a player not even deemed good enough for their side.

Perhaps after getting £30 million for Moussa Sissoko, Mike Ashley feels he can demand whatever he wants and he will get it.

Even so, this stance on Mitrovic holds little logic.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/09/is-mike-ashley-making-one-of-his-most-illogical-ever-transfer-st/

WhiteJC

Preston v Fulham preview

Tom Clarke looks like being the only absentee for Preston when they face Fulham.

Clarke has returned to training after a knock but boss Alex Neil does not know whether he will be fit enough to feature against the in-form Cottagers. Neil expects Paul Gallagher to be available after the midfielder was taken off in Tuesday's win over Bristol City after complaining of a tight hamstring.

Sean Maguire, who has been named in Ireland's squad for the forthcoming international friendlies, will be hoping for a start.

Fulham will monitor Tomas Kalas ahead of the trip to Deepdale. Kalas has missed the last two games with a hip injury but has returned to training and boss Slavisa Jokanovic will assess him after Friday's session.

That is Jokanovic's only concern and he is unlikely to tinker with the side that breezed past Sheffield United on Tuesday. That 3-0 success was their 14th Championship game without defeat, of which they have won 11.

Opta stats

Preston have won one of their last 10 league matches against Fulham (D3 L6), a 1-0 win in October 2000.

Fulham have won three of their last four league visits to Deepdale (D1) since a 3-1 defeat in November 1997 with Lee Ashcroft scoring a hat-trick.

Preston have lost just two of their last 20 Championship matches (W9 D9), although both defeats were at Deepdale (against Middlesbrough and Ipswich).

Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored four goals and assisted one in three previous matches against Preston in all competitions, scoring a brace in his last match at Deepdale for Newcastle in October 2016.

Preston have won five and drawn two of their last seven Championship home matches against sides starting the day in the top six - their last defeat of this kind came against Leeds in December 2016.

Of players to play alongside one another for at least 400 minutes in the Championship this season, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Stefan Johnsen are creating a chance for one another in the fewest average minutes (34 mins per chance created), with Johansen assisting two of Mitrovic's goals.

Prutton's prediction

Back-to-back wins for Preston and they are on the cusp of the play-off places again all of a sudden. Alex Neil's side are just a point off the top six and you wonder if Norwich will regret letting him go now, as they hover in mid-table obscurity.

Fulham dismantled Sheffield United on Tuesday night and they're looking unstoppable at the moment. Deepdale is such a tough place to go, though, and I think this will be a draw.

David Prutton predicts: 1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)

http://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-fulham/preview/375059

WhiteJC

Button urged to battle to win his place back

David Button has been urged not to "surrender" in the battle to be Fulham's first-choice goalkeeper.

Button lost his place to Marcus Bettinelli in December after the defeat against his former club Brentford, but Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic insists he still has the chance to win it back before the end of the campaign.

Button has returned to the squad for the trip to Preston after illness and Jokanovic said: "I cannot say I'm not going to use him (this season). These would be the worst words for myself and him."

The Serbian added: "Button was with me for 60 games. All the players had the chance. There doesn't exist any spaces for players who decide to surrender.

"They must compete between them and, after, I decide what is best for the team.

"He must know he is a professional player, and my job is talking with all the players and with David too, and those on the bench. Sometimes they have more, sometimes less time.

"This is not a primary school. He must show the power and responsibility and push hard for a place in the team."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-tells-fulham-man-show-power-responsibility-wants-place-back

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham face scrap to sign Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic

The Newcastle United loanee has hit the ground running for Fulham.

Fulham "face a scrap" with Aleksandar Mitrovic's former club, Anderlecht, to sign the on-loan Newcastle United striker, according to the Daily Mirror [March 9th, page 56].

Mitrovic has hit the ground running a Fulham, scoring five goals in the first seven games of his temporary spell.

As a result, Newcastle have increased their asking price to £20 million, according to the Chronicle.

Is Fulham or Anderlecht the most likely destination for Mitrovic?

If the above is correct, it would surely rule Anderlecht - whose record signing, Nicolae Stanciu, cost little more than £7 million - out of the running for a permanent deal, and leave Fulham in the driving seat.

However, it is likely that they too will miss out - if they fail to gain promotion back to the Premier League.

This is Fulham's fourth season outside of the top flight and therefore the last in which they are gifted parachute payments - although selling off key players such as Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon could help the Cottagers to raise funds.

Should Fulham meet Newcastle's demands for Mitrovic?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/09/report-fulham-face-scrap-to-sign-newcastle-united-striker-aleksa/