watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fantastic win but..

Started by General, March 10, 2018, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Whilst we can revel in a fantastic win and a last minute one against a tough team and we're now in 3rd we do need to be conscious that in 3rd we're now in a position where all the teams around us have a few games in hand. We've done the best we can but now need to hope others cracking under the pressure.

Woolly Mammoth

We cannot do anymore than win, we have done it once again. We are beating some good teams and on their own patch. We are in control of our own matches, nothing we can do about opponents except hope they slip up, and slip up they could. We have that winning mentality, wherever it's early in the game or in the last minute.
That's because we have players who can win a game, and players who can save a game.
If Cardiff and Villa slip up, we will be ready if we keep winning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

epsomraver

You forget General that all the sides around us have to play each other like the game tonight so someboddy has to drop points as WM says all we can do is keep winning, cannot do more

Andy S

We only need to win a few more games and we will be in the play offs. Within a very short time we will know if the second spot is a possibility. If we manage to make it  and even if we don't it is it will go down as one of the most remarkable seasons ever

HatterDon

always better to have points in hand rather than games in hand --- ALWAYS
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Not long ago people were saying Wolves are the best side seen in the Championship for years. But they now look vulnerable. Any club can beat any club in our league which makes the run we are on at the moment even more impressive. We can still slip up against ordinary sides. Remember losing to Sunderland this season? What has happened so far has been amazing. We can catch the top two or slide away. Nothing is secure and everything is possible. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 10, 2018, 11:29:41 PM
Not long ago people were saying Wolves are the best side seen in the Championship for years. But they now look vulnerable. Any club can beat any club in our league which makes the run we are on at the moment even more impressive. We can still slip up against ordinary sides. Remember losing to Sunderland this season? What has happened so far has been amazing. We can catch the top two or slide away. Nothing is secure and everything is possible. 

They do have two games in hand.. if they won them both (although they're in a blip) they'd be only a few extra games away from automatic promotion.

KJS

All we can do is play the best football as we can and see what happens we can't control other teams results just ours 049:gif

Riversider

Wolves next two games are against Reading and Burton both at home, come 5 o clock on Saturday I doubt very much that anybody on here will be talking about them.
While Wolves are playing Reading at home on Tuesday night, Villa are at home to QPHa , the table could make grim reading at 10pm for those few still clinging to a feint dream of 2nd place.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on March 11, 2018, 09:11:13 AM
Quote from: Riversider on March 11, 2018, 08:59:49 AM
the table could make grim reading at 10pm for those few still clinging to a feint dream of 2nd place.

My prediction is it will look like this next Sunday afternoon which is still open

Wolves 38 ... 80pts
Villa 38 ... 75pts
Cardiff 38 ... 74pts
Fulham 38 ... 71pts

Wolves will be on 82pts next Sunday

Nightwind15

You can say all you like about possibilities but one thing is certain, this is a very exciting time for the club and the fans!!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

filham

With nine games to go the situation for us is becoming predictable, with a ten point cushion over te team in seventh place we really should finish in a plat off place but Cardiff in  second place and 5 points ahead of us should finish above us at the end of the season.

We would readily have accepted a play off place at Christmas so we have done so well.

While it is no use crying over spilt milk the situation would have been so different right now if we had beaten Burton and Sunderland in the first half of the season.