more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactics to the end of the season

Started by Robbie, March 11, 2018, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

What a thrilling run in, super tasty.
But at some stage, if we are not getting closer to automatic promotion, we are going to have take our foot off the gas so we are fresh for the playoffs.
Part of the problem last year was that we were exhausted by the time we got to the playoffs.
Discuss.
COYWs.

NJFulham

As someone on here said Saturday night, our most important players pretty much didnt play (much) in the first half of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

It does not pay to look too far ahead, all the best laid plans etc.
Nevertheless, if we do find ourselves in an advantageous position of being able to catch our breath so to speak, and watch others in the dog fight to reach the last positions left in 5th and 6th, it can work in our favour as opposed to last season.
We look a far better balanced team than last year, coupled with being a little wiser on the street and with a lot more grit.
It's come together very nicely almost overnight, coinciding with Kline leaving and Targett, Mitrovic and Christie coming on board enabling Sess to do his damage further up the pitch.
The club and team appear to be a much happier ship, and unlike last year no unnecessary distractions off the pitch with Kline, and no unnecessary distractions on the pitch with the likes of Martin.
So all in all a much healthier launch in the right direction to enable us to tackle the play offs, if it comes to that, injuries permitting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

One James stannard

Discuss ....... :031: really winds me up

gang

RaySmith

I think Slavisa will  rest players along the way, and rotate, while  still trying to win the next game.

KJS

The squad is good enough and the manager knows what he is doing so I will leave it to Slav to do what is right COYW  049:gif :(6 days to Paddy's day)  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

hovewhite

Will follow slavs lead,one game at a time gents.

FFChris

Importantly for me Tom Cairney was interviewed the other week and was asked what differences there are between this year and last year.  He said this time last year there were quite a few in the treatment room between games whereas this year there isn't anyone in the treatment room.  Hopefully means they are fresher than they were last year and can keep this fantastic run going.  COYW's

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFChris on March 12, 2018, 12:10:01 PM
Importantly for me Tom Cairney was interviewed the other week and was asked what differences there are between this year and last year.  He said this time last year there were quite a few in the treatment room between games whereas this year there isn't anyone in the treatment room.  Hopefully means they are fresher than they were last year and can keep this fantastic run going.  COYW's

That's an interesting statement, and very encouraging.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

supersimmo123

Didn't the football league just vote you have to start 10 of the 11 players you played in the last game? I swear I saw it somewhere, if so resting doesn't really become an option.

MJG

Quote from: supersimmo123 on March 12, 2018, 03:29:40 PM
Didn't the football league just vote you have to start 10 of the 11 players you played in the last game? I swear I saw it somewhere, if so resting doesn't really become an option.
"For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before."
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: MJG on March 12, 2018, 03:34:43 PM
Quote from: supersimmo123 on March 12, 2018, 03:29:40 PM
"For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before."
So with 16 outfield players on a team sheet, he could rest/drop a max of 6 next game
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate